• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

My Foodland points finally posted overnight--YEAH!!

Sobeys Flyer Nov 17-23
https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/sobeys-on-flyer-november-17-to-23/all

Foodland Flyer
Nov 17-23

https://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada/foodland-on-flyer-november-17-to-23/all

Both stores have the buy a 50.00 gift card get 75 airmiles
Bass Pro
Cara Foods
Garage
Cabelas
Foodland's chocolate candy deal buy 4 packages of treats get 25 airmiles,,stocking stuffers

Hugs Mel
And once again I am a day late and AirMiles short. Bought my gift cards for Christmas YESTERDAY! I needed a Kobo to send in the mail today, and figured I'd get my Cara Foods for a birthday next month at the same time. :p

Finally had the 253 AM post to our account... it was supposed to be 353 but the cashier screwed us out of 100 AM and it sadly was a "she said, he said" situation so AirMiles couldn't just add them to our account. :( When the cashier takes your coupons and pops them into the register, refuses to scan them or give them back, you don't have much that you can "prove" to AM.

I am so angry about the situation I cannot be rational so next time we go, I am just going to take post-it's and arrange my cart for $100 purchases. If I have to send DH through a second line with his own $100 cart, well I hope I prove to that store's management that regardless of how inconvenient they make it, we are STILL going to earn those AirMiles!

New Rexall Flyer
https://www.rexall.ca/eflyer/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Nov16-unfluyourflu

Fri Sat Sun
spend 50.00 get 100 airmiles
Canadian Tire gift cards-get 10% off--Nov 17-23.
Hugs Mel

That spend $50 get 100 AM lines up nicely with the Shop the Block coupon for the weekend at Rexall... too bad I can't justify spending that much at Rexall right now! seriously, we have so many items in this house I'm not sure when I'll need to buy more toothpaste or shampoo lol.

Has anyone seen anything from AMEX about a December "Soar Into More"? There's been so many posts lately I'm wondering if I missed reading about it. I haven't had anything arrive via e-mail.

And once again I am a day late and AirMiles short. Bought my gift cards for Christmas YESTERDAY! I needed a Kobo to send in the mail today, and figured I'd get my Cara Foods for a birthday next month at the same time. :p
Crap I hate when this happens,,,I am not up for any gift cards right now either as I also bought all my Christmas stuff in Sept/Oct. I kind of knew specials before Christmas would come out but I am trying to budget this year so I don't have a huge Visa bill till March/April.
Hugs to you
Mel

Last edited:
Finally had the 253 AM post to our account... it was supposed to be 353 but the cashier screwed us out of 100 AM and it sadly was a "she said, he said" situation so AirMiles couldn't just add them to our account. :( When the cashier takes your coupons and pops them into the register, refuses to scan them or give them back, you don't have much that you can "prove" to AM.

I am so angry about the situation I cannot be rational so next time we go, I am just going to take post-it's and arrange my cart for $100 purchases. If I have to send DH through a second line with his own $100 cart, well I hope I prove to that store's management that regardless of how inconvenient they make it, we are STILL going to earn those AirMiles!

That's too bad. Thanks for posting. After reading this I'm marking every coupon with my initials from now on. If a Cashier tries to pull that on me I'll be demanding a Manager to the 'til and will have my initials on the coupons to prove they were mine.

That spend $50 get 100 AM lines up nicely with the Shop the Block coupon for the weekend at Rexall... too bad I can't justify spending that much at Rexall right now! seriously, we have so many items in this house I'm not sure when I'll need to buy more toothpaste or shampoo lol.

So if I use the shop the block Rexall offer spend 50.00 get 100 airmiles (Nov 17-19) and the Rexall email offer I got today (spend 50.00 get 100 airmiles Nov 17-Nov19) will I get 200 airmiles when I spend 50.00?
By doing this would it cancel out the shop the block offer use?
So confused
Hugs Mel

DH and I both got that too. His was earn 75, get 35 and mine was earn 250, get 125

And mine was collect 100, get 50 bonus. They are all over the map!

Has anyone seen anything from AMEX about a December "Soar Into More"? There's been so many posts lately I'm wondering if I missed reading about it. I haven't had anything arrive via e-mail.

Nope. I went looking when the STB coupons were posted; the 25 AMEX transactions coupon reminded me. Couldn't find anything except the existing November offer. I think if there was going to be a December offer, it would be posted by now.

I just checked my Sobeys APP. I have a spend $170 for 40 air miles! :crazy2: That seems just a bit high. LOL I won't be meeting that goal.

However they are offering 15 miles for Maple leaf prime chicken burgers, strips, or nuggets and those are on sale tomorrow according to the flyer. I'll grab one of those!

I don't remember. I want to purchase a $50 Ultimate Dining gift card when I go to Sobeys tomorrow. If I spend $100, I'll get 60 air miles from the STB coupon. Since the $50 gift card will be mixed in with my groceries, will the gift card count towards my $100?

So if I use the shop the block Rexall offer spend 50.00 get 100 airmiles (Nov 17-19) and the Rexall email offer I got today (spend 50.00 get 100 airmiles Nov 17-Nov19) will I get 200 airmiles when I spend 50.00?
So confused
Hugs Mel

Hmm.. I'd like to know this as well. It's not a coupon to hand them either.

Hi Hon
I am a pretty easy going person and it takes alot to upset or anger me,,,,I have been putting up with a very rude cashier at my local Sobeys. Well after alot of thought because I do not want to be the cause of anyone losing their job,, I complained to the head cashier manager a few days ago.
Hopefully she gains some insight into her behaviour and how it impacts customers and I felt so much better after. I am so sorry you lost the 100 airmiles and hope your next shop is fun and stress free.
Hugs to you
Mel

So confused
Hugs Mel

You should. The email you got is their weekend flyer offer, there is no coupon to use. The STB is a coupon. They should stack. The STB isn't cancelling out any flyer offers (at least from what I have used so far!).

Keep an eye on your e-mail. I received an e-mail from AMEX. Register to win a 2018 Audi A4. Every online and in-app purchase at participating businesses is a chance to win. The link it provided automatically enrolled my AMEX (without asking for a card #) saying this link was only for that card.

You should. The email you got is their weekend flyer offer, there is no coupon to use. The STB is a coupon. They should stack. The STB isn't cancelling out any flyer offers (at least from what I have used so far!).

Hi Hon
The problem is the Shop The Block Rexall offer (spend 50.00 get 100 airmiles) is a "no coupon required " offer also.
I guess I will give it a try although I am pretty stocked up on most things right now.
Time to look through the cupboards and flyer.
I must admit I have used up 4 boxes of kleenex with this sinus infection in a 24 hr time period,,,I may pick up some of those.
Hugs Mel

So confused
Hugs Mel

Hmm.. I'd like to know this as well. It's not a coupon to hand them either.

Hi Hon
The problem is the Shop The Block Rexall offer (spend 50.00 get 100 airmiles) is a "no coupon required " offer also.
I guess I will give it a try although I am pretty stocked up on most things right now.
I must admit I have used up 4 boxes of kleenex with this sinus infection in a 24 hr time period,,,I may pick up some of those.
Hugs Mel

My personal thoughts on the Rexall offer is that they will not stack because as Mel pointed out the StB offer says "No coupon required" so i think it's similar to when the LnG says "no loading needed" for the weekend flyer offer, I think it's just a reminder of the weekend bonus offer. I'm not sure if it can count towards the StB promo if there is no coupon??? I'm not risking it, planning on using the one that IS a coupon next week (fingers crossed that we'll also get an email offer and a loaded threshold offer to stack)

Jacqueline, what are you thoughts on this?

Tomorrow morning I'd like to go to Sobeys. My STB coupon is spend $100 get 60 miles.

Can I combine $55 of groceries AND a $50 Ultimate Dining gift card for $105 and get those 60 miles? If I can then I should get 267 miles for $105.

I checked out the cupboards and pantry--I am going to go with the Rexall Nov 20 STB offer--spend 25.00 get 15 airmiles,(actual scannable coupon),,, it will be my last STB offer requirement so I don't want to take a chance.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Is there anywhere can I go to get a new AM card (hard-copy)? I'm thinking it's time for DH to get one in his name, as it will be easy for me to do many of these shops this time… I know I can join online and get a printed one, but don't want to risk it not being keyed in right!

The card you print out from the website has a bar code on the back of it. I took the paper copy and sandwiched it between layers of cover protector (clear, available at the dollar store). It looks just like a real card once trimmed. Sign him up you will be good to go.

Hi Hon
Hugs Mel

Ah see, I didn't look at the coupon because it wasn't one I wanted to use... how strange though, that it isn't an actual coupon? I guess you can't stack them then! Sorry... I'm waiting until Monday to do the spend $25 and get 15 AM (which is less AM but I can actually spend $25 there, I think).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter