Airmiles Armchair Chatter

So I got my email, and as part of it I got the "set your goal for next year" thing. I can't set my goal for Universal tickets, but people that got this "fast track" thing last year, did it really matter what you set your goal to?
I really don't think it matters much -- and after the first 2 "fast track" offers i didn't even try because they were more trouble than they were worth .. one would have meant I needed to spend close to $200 at sponsors we don't shop at!

I'll play. Here's a round up of my AM's program. I was surprised that I have been a collector since 1992 however as I was employed by BMO and we were a main sponsor at the time, it makes sense.
We've come a long way together​

You've been a Collector since 1992 and collected a grand total of​

103547 Miles*​

Of those Miles, 90222 were Dream Miles
and 13325 were Cash Miles.​

That's enough for 60 Bluetooth headphones**
and $1410 towards your purchases.​

Just Sharing
My present from the Kindergarten class,,, A Mickey Topiary!!!

9hubLk2.jpg

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Just Sharing
My present from the Kindergarten class,,, A Mickey Topiary!!!

9hubLk2.jpg

Love it, just bought one last week :)

I did ok yesterday spent $144 at foodland ended up with just over 200 airmiles . I used the coupons on the last bags buy 3 get 12 pack pop free so for $24 9 bags of chips 3 cases pop and 95 am.
I bought My turkey at first time in years I haven’t ordered one from farm boy pre cooked and littlest has shared his strep/ cold with me and I am down and out I’ve gotten out of bed to pee only . Had 3 popsicles . Big kid at work. DD has had boys all day I’m sure downstairs is a write off I wanted to bake today I have wrapping to do, uggh so much to do.
im supposed to work tomorrow and half day Tuesday I don’t know.. see how I am in the morning but I’m way behind

@TammyLynn33 , Farm Boy can be your friend with your Christmas baking also. They have an amazing Turtle cookie (my DS's love them). Lots of other great baking. You can always bake after the 25th. The kids won't mind so long as it gets done on their holiday.

Wrapping, gift bags can be your friend this year. Spend your time thinking about how you can switch things up this year to make it a little easier on you. Next year you can go back to the standard traditions.

My numbers for this year are a touch off. It says I've collected 12,999 but my Onyx status number is approx. 1100 higher. I feel like a light weight compared to most of you. However, my DD's account which I also collect on (she carries the card from my account) I've also collected 4837. So between the two I'm only approx. 250 miles short of beating my best ever year.

My lifetime number is 90994 since 1992. In a way it seems like that should be higher....I've got 28,000 miles sitting in my account right now and I haven't paid for WDW park tickets since 2006. I've also redeemed for car rentals, party tickets and hotels.....all WDW related. Also, redeemed for local stuff.....Ripleys, CNE, Cineplex, Starbucks and restaurants

I think this might be the first year in a long time that I won't be wrapping gifts on Christmas Eve! DD11 and I did them yesterday and I did all of hers once she retreated to her electronic device(s). Ironically, it is also the first year of her not believing in Santa.
It's sad when they no longer believe but very freeing. I couldn't wait to be able to prepare everything prior to the 24th at 11pm but I had been doing it for 15 years at that point. LOL....my youngest full on confronted me about Santa when she was 6. She demanded the truth. I told her and she was jumping up and down screaming... I knew it, I knew it. Now at the age of 20 she claims I ruined it for her.

I tried so hard to keep DD believing in Santa and the spirit of Christmas, but her closed cousins kept ruining it by telling her it’s just your dad and mom. I still remember the joy in her eyes when she found the specially wrapped in HoHoHo tissue paper present from Santa among all the other gifts and the reply from her letter to Santa from the North Pole. Now she is all grown up and laughs about it, but deep down I think she misses that fun in a way and the feeling of being special. Now, I would just tell her to get something she likes as a present from us as life gets busier.

It's the first year my oldest (10yo) doesn't believe. She stopped believing in the tooth fairy, Easter bunny, etc. a few years ago when she blankly asked me to answer by yes or no to questions 'Do the tooth fairy exists?'. But I think she was in denial for Santa since she never asked directly until this summer. I refuse to lie to my kids but when asked if I believe in Santa, I always diverted the answer to them or said I believe in Christmas magic (I do believe in Christmas magic). My youngest is starting to have serious doubts about the Elf on the Shelf and Santa because of a friend in her class so I'm assuming this year is our last with a believer in the house. Luckily, my oldest is really good at helping us making it magical for my 7 yo.

My Christmas story? My MIL had a baby a year before I married. I had a baby just after my first anniversary. Both were boys so they became very close. The problem came because MIL is Jehovah witness and does not believe in Christmas and my family is rich in Christmas traditions. There was discussion about what we would do as there were often sleep overs for the boys. Lots of "I don't want Mike to be told there is a Santa or Christmas" and "I don't want Chris to be told there's no such thing". We ended up agreeing that neither of us would tell either boy our believes and they would be told that that was what we wished for our families.
It all sounded good but when poor Mike was old enough to know what was happening he wondered why Chris got all these gifts and he got nothing, it didn't feel fair to him and he was very disappointed. It made Chris very sad as well. The very next year MIL came up with 'Surprise Day'. Surprised Day came on Boxing day and Mike got lots of wrapped gifts (not in Christmas paper). Mike was happy, Chris felt better because Mike had some sort of unnamed Secret Santa and I was relived that the whole thing seemed put to rest.
It's very hard when the believes do not line up. Trying to find common ground can be ...….interesting.
BTW, hubby loves Christmas. I make sure he has lots of little presents under the tree which makes him very happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter