Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Will the Shop the Block miles be put into my account before the discounted Disney tickets are over? Just trying to decide if I switch my account over to Dream to get DL tickets?

Q: When will the Miles be added to my Collector Account?

A: Both the Bonus Miles you get for just shopping at each Partner and the Bonus Miles you get for using 3, 5 or 7 different offers will be deposited into your Collector Account, based on your current balance preference, within 120 days after the promotion ends.

Last year deposit came in February so you never know.

upload_2017-11-15_8-24-25.png

Last edited:
Q: When will the Miles be added to my Collector Account?

A: Both the Bonus Miles you get for just shopping at each Partner and the Bonus Miles you get for using 3, 5 or 7 different offers will be deposited into your Collector Account, based on your current balance preference, within 120 days after the promotion ends.

Last year deposit came in February so you never know.

View attachment 283414

Except for those of us who had to fight to get the miles that they screwed up with. Mine weren't added until March.

Did my first offer today, Sobeys, 20 am wub 3 Maple Lodge products. However, received 40 am because this week's flyer promo is 20 am wub 2 as well. Not sure if they will disallow it due to the "combining offers" clause but it went through as 40 am on the receipt.

FWIW, I did a live chat today and was told that the Sobey's STB coupon I used is combinable with product bonus just not the threshold spend bonuses.

Anyone else get their Little Book of Bonuses in the mail today? Only thing I don't like about it this time is they say use offers from three partners, but they only gave me three partners to choose from? Sobeys, Lawtons are good ones, but they added Staples which is the exact same coupon as STB and I'm 99% sure they cannot be combined.

I haven't gotten one, but last time they sent these out, I think you had to use offers from three partners and I only had two to choose from. So this would actually be an improvement. :rolleyes: $75 at Staples is hard, unless there's something in particular you happen to need.

My booklet has a "fill up 7 times at Shell between Nov 8 and Dec 31, get 150 AM (fill up with min 25 L)". It's not a coupon though, just a box on the booklet. I'm not sure I'll be able to get that one done though since we're away for over a week in December and then it's Christmas, when I hibernate :) Plus trying to fit in the spend $50 at Shell once or twice for the STB...

My booklet has a "fill up 7 times at Shell between Nov 8 and Dec 31, get 150 AM (fill up with min 25 L)". It's not a coupon though, just a box on the booklet. I'm not sure I'll be able to get that one done though since we're away for over a week in December and then it's Christmas, when I hibernate :) Plus trying to fit in the spend $50 at Shell once or twice for the STB...

NS has a similar offer for Irving gas. Four 20L or more fill ups. I have a small car so 20L is half a tank, but for anyone with a larger tank, just divide those fill ups into the increments noted and do separate transactions.

How many Airmiles did it take without the discounted Canadian resident offer for 5 days? I can't remember...

SObeys & Foodland flyers for the Atlantic area are up and here's something worth noting in the Sobeys flyer, I hope it happens in Ontario as well because i LOVE not having to cook at this time of year and i still have money left on my gift card from the September promo. Few other offers on cookies/crackers/snacks but not much really.
upload_2017-11-15_14-58-13.png
Sobeys Atlantic
Foodland Atlantic

Quick glance thru the Metro flyer had me thinking BLETCH, second closer look and i found this. We always have a couple times that we want a fruit/veggie tray so this will be handy! Looks like you'll need to find an actual flyer to cut the coupon out though --says"duplicate copies not accepted" Also says "limit of one coupon per day" so no reason why you can't order MANY times, just grab a bunch of this flyer in case it's not in again!! This would be ideal if you have a potluck work lunch, just saying :P
upload_2017-11-15_15-6-3.png

I might be in the low numbers, but hoping that the STB points come after the new year and are good towards next years Onyx levels. Had to fight for last years but they did get added.
According to the FAQs both of those things will happen BUT, that's exactly what it said LAST YEAR! The offers appear to be easier to complete this time though because you don't need to go to multiple stores, you can use several from the same store and they will count towards the total :D

I received my little book of bonuses today and am a bit annoyed with the extra bonus. It says: Bundle your bonus! 50 bonus miles are all yours when you use offers from 3 or more Partners in this booklet.

Annoying part is that there are only 3 different partners in the booklet which means I have to use offered from all 3 in order to get the bonus. I get all my car servicing done at the dealership so will never go to JiffyLube and so never get the bonus. :headache:

Question about Sobeys airmiles and cash/dream split: if I recall correctly Sobeys awards the points at the end of the week ending Saturday (or Sunday???) so points are awarded based on the split you have set on Saturday (or Sunday)????

So if I earn points today at 100% Dream and change the split to 100% cash on Friday night, today's points will be awarded as 100% cash?

To add to the confusion, is Metro the same???

Question about Sobeys airmiles and cash/dream split: if I recall correctly Sobeys awards the points at the end of the week ending Saturday (or Sunday???) so points are awarded based on the split you have set on Saturday (or Sunday)????

So if I earn points today at 100% Dream and change the split to 100% cash on Friday night, today's points will be awarded as 100% cash?

To add to the confusion, is Metro the same???
I thought it was based on the day of the transaction to award you the respective airmiles, not the posting date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter