Airhawk electric wheelchair

I was able to take my Fold and Go onto the buses, Kilamanjaro, and Jungle Cruise with me in it.

On the buses and Kilamanjaro they used the tie down straps (They were attached at the bottom of the backrest on the side and in the front on the caster forks). On Jungle Cruise, since the boat has a hydraulic lift platform, there were no tie downs needed and you can even drive a scooter on. (pic for reference.)
882F3F0C-F28D-445D-BC26-F7A12637A016.jpeg

I was able to take my Fold and Go onto the buses, Kilamanjaro, and Jungle Cruise with me in it.
I think what the PP is asking is whether the chair is actually designed to be transport-ready. My quick search of websites doesn't bring up anything indicating the Air Hawk or Fold-and-Go is transport-ready, though I did not reach out to either company to specifically ask. While obviously anyone can use the tie-downs on certain areas that look appropriate, there is risk of damaging the frame because it is not designed for the forces exerted by tying down at those locations. For example, on the WDW buses between parks/resorts, if there is an accident those tie downs to keep the wheelchair from moving will put additional stress on the points where connected, which could damage (bend or weaken) the frame. It's similar to why most traditional strollers should not be tied down on the buses even though a similar-looking special-needs stroller might be ok because it is designed for that use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter