Air Canada Rouge or Air Transat?

Sunelis

Mouseketeer
Flying from YUL to MCO... Any thoughts? Comments? Criticisms? Praises?

Prices are similar, flight times are similar. Which one would you recommand for a direct flight?

That's a tough one. Transat has a limited flight schedule (looks like 2 per week from Toronto. Not sure about Montreal) so your options due to delay/cancellation may be limited.

With that said, Transat's kids club (I'm assuming you're travelling with kids) gives you free seat selection, priority baggage handling, and early boarding.

Rouge is Rouge. I mean it's Air Canada on a budget. Small pitch, nickel and dime, etc. The flight attendants have nice hats though.

So if you're going in the winter, I think probably Rouge. Warmer weather, maybe roll the dice on Transat.

I’ve flown that route too many times to count. I’ve never had a problem with AC before and after the switch to Rouge except once, when the plane broke down before leaving. Being AC, they were able to find another plane rapidly, something AT would not have been able to do. Onboard, I prefer the AC app for movies, but we all have our own iPads. There are no screens on AC Rouge.

Rock & a hard place. Neither is good.

My last flight experience with Air Transat was several years ago & it was so poor that I won't fly with them again.

Rouge is the Air Canada reality for most US destinations. Know going in that it is bare bones no-frills. I only hope for a safe flight and to not be delayed by more than 1 hr. If over 5'6, book emerg exit seats or at least an aisle seat to flex one leg. Bring your own kindle or ipad for entertainment. Bring your own H20 and snacks. It's really just a seat on a plane. If you keep your expectations very low, then you won't be disappointed.

Well you all confirmed what I've read online... By the way I'm flying solo(I usually drive down but I want to try flying + ME). Thanks everyone for the info... Might go for AC Rouge.

That's a tough one. Transat has a limited flight schedule (looks like 2 per week from Toronto. Not sure about Montreal) so your options due to delay/cancellation may be limited.

With that said, Transat's kids club (I'm assuming you're travelling with kids) gives you free seat selection, priority baggage handling, and early boarding.

Rouge is Rouge. I mean it's Air Canada on a budget. Small pitch, nickel and dime, etc. The flight attendants have nice hats though.

So if you're going in the winter, I think probably Rouge. Warmer weather, maybe roll the dice on Transat.

That's my issue with AirTransat as well. If issues then they may not even have a flight the next day. If all is fine though, we had no issue... comfortable flight and usually more reasonable in cost than other airlines.

I would choose AC Rouge unless AT was much cheaper. YUL is AT hub so they have a few more planes here than elsewhere in Canada.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter