Agency exclusive deals

KayaWildfire

DIS Veteran
Our family of 8(two adults and 6 kids) are going to Disney over Christmas. I received a quote from a certain travel agency for one of their exclusive deals. The price is excellent, but we do have some concern over room assignments. We usually request and are typically granted connecting rooms at a value resort, but not always right away. Occasionally it takes a trip to the front desk and some shuffling around, but it has always worked out. Has anyone done one of these exclusive offers and gotten requests fulfilled, especially connecting rooms? We are mostly concerned if we book through a third party Disney won't be willing to work with us at all if we get there and don't have connecting rooms. Any advice is much appreciated.

We booked the Polynesian through an agency deal last year and had no issues with Disney talking to us or the CL concierge changing our room.

Remember that connecting rooms are a request and at busy times like Christmas might not be available.

Good luck and enjoy

We also booked through an AE last year and saw no difference in the quality of service.

Never had issues. Booked AE for years now. Last trip we got upgraded to water view at BC with AE deal. Have never hesitated to refer people or book with them.

We booked through an agency exclusive rate leading up to Christmas one year and had no problems getting our request of connecting rooms. We checked in early in the morning with zero expectation our room would be ready and prepared to wait for connecting rooms. Both rooms were ready!

We booked through an agency exclusive rate leading up to Christmas one year and had no problems getting our request of connecting rooms. We checked in early in the morning with zero expectation our room would be ready and prepared to wait for connecting rooms. Both rooms were ready!

That is great but everyone needs to remember that connecting rooms are a request and not a guarantee. If none available at check-in they can’t magically appear. It depends on how many people request them- and how full resort is.

Funny thing is I don’t want connecting rooms and past two trips we’ve gotten them! Kept at Contemporary because of TPV but asked to move at Polynesian- the upgraded from GV to lagoon view.

No worries about not understanding that they aren't guaranteed, the main purpose of the question was to ask about experiences with a third party. We've been several times and sometimes we haven't gotten connecting rooms right away, but each time the folks at the front desk have gone above and beyond to make a less than ideal situation as good as they good possibly make it. I appreciate all of the responses so far.

If they can't give you connecting rooms on the first night of your trip, ask if you can be moved the next day. That usually works from what I've seen.

OP - contact the agent you are working with and tell them your request. We have booked several times through the agency. They got us the same room two years in a row. I contacted the agent and told them how much we liked the room the first year, gave him the specific room number and somehow were able to get us the room again.

We've been booking through a TA w/ agency exclusive deals since 2016 and we have always put requests in and have had them granted. I have my TA note our requests on our reservations, we do online check-in and we do the Touring Plans room request fax - never had a problem. We book 3 rooms usually, so we like to have our rooms next to or near each other and that has never been an issue. They aren't always connecting rooms, but always next to each other.

How you book has no bearing on room requests, which are just that... requests. Have your booking agent clearly state your request(s) in order of preference. Do not do online check-in but speak directly to front desk upon arrival. They will do everything they can to accommodate your request.

Good luck! 🙂

Every time we've booked that way, Ive had TP fax the room requests, and we've gotten what we wanted.

Definitely not true. They don't treat guests who booked via a 3rd party any differently.
Incorrect. Though it has since been handled to my satisfaction, a few years back, we stayed at BC on an agency exclusive deal and the resort upgraded us. It was visible on MDE and the person checking us in acknowledged it, but then squinted at her screen and said (and I swear this is verbatim!) "Oh, you're on that agency deal, you don't get upgrades," and I kid you not, zapped us back to what we had paid for.
Again, it was fixed/handled to my satisfaction, but had I not spoken up, this miserable CM (who I'm sad to say still works there) would have gotten away with this unacceptable behavior.

Incorrect. Though it has since been handled to my satisfaction, a few years back, we stayed at BC on an agency exclusive deal and the resort upgraded us. It was visible on MDE and the person checking us in acknowledged it, but then squinted at her screen and said (and I swear this is verbatim!) "Oh, you're on that agency deal, you don't get upgrades," and I kid you not, zapped us back to what we had paid for.
Again, it was fixed/handled to my satisfaction, but had I not spoken up, this miserable CM (who I'm sad to say still works there) would have gotten away with this unacceptable behavior.
Was it the Labor Day deal that doesn't allow you to add a dining plan, because that one sounds like a different situation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter