Afternoon breaks or no?

We are going for the first time next week and I had planned (in my head) to take an afternoon break from the parks each day, but now questioning how realistic that is? It's myself, hubby and our 6 yr old. We are staying at CBR so the afternoon breaks from HS and Epcot will be easier right?

MK - getting there for early entry, ride the rides, leave for break then be back for Crystal Palace dinner at 6:30PM then fireworks

HS - might be doing a late arrival here because of breakfast reservations but still... even if we get there at 11am, there is no way my 6 yr old will handle being there until 9:30pm for Fantasmic... so break here as well?

Animal Kingdom - no breaks here as park closes early so we will be there for early entry and just leave when were done

MK#2 - its a party day (that we are not attending) so we will get there around 10am probably and power through for our CRT res at 5:45PM

EPCOT - early entry, ride some rides, lunch somewhere, hotel break for the afternoon and be back at some point in the evening ish for Luminous

I guess now that I am writing it all out it's just our first MK day that might be tight on time if want to take a break? We do have Park Hoppers if that helps...

Any thoughts or insights are appreciated :)
With a young child good for an afternoon rest so much for them. We always did that with our kids calmer kids.

We love afternoon breaks and especially having lunch at the pool. Adults can order a drink and the food while the kids swim away. Once the food arrives they can eat then resume swimming (we don't respect the wait 45 mins after eating rule:D). Often we do a nap to wait out the inevitable FL afternoon thundershower and then back to the park about 6:00 for a few rides, dinner, and maybe fireworks.

Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to Disney mainly because it is hard to find that perfect balance between exhaustion and making as many memories as possible. But sounds like you have a great trip planned, so just enjoy!!

As I previously stated, we have always done midday breaks. In July my DD18 went with a friend and got the 4 park summer ticket special. They decided they would skip midday breaks to maximize time.

Well they did it for MK and they were beat down. The heat was a lot on them. Next day they took a midday break on their Epcot day. They left early their AK day and then did a full day at DHS. She said she realized how much time midday breaks take but they are essential.

We go for 8-10 days so we have the time to play with. If I were going on a short trip I would probably skip them too.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest