advice needed plz

momin

Earning My Ears
hello everybody
this is my first on this great site so if i ask a question that has allready been awncerd then im sorry :D
i have 3 daughters aged 15mths 4 and 7 years
my four yr old has possable ASD /and severe language delay and sensory intergration diffucilties ,ect ect
Were thinking of taking all of them to disneyland florida next year (its there frirst time abroud)
however im a little worried about ques ect , she cannot wait for anything for more that about 10 mins and im wondering about passes or something like they have here in the uk , do they have something like this ? can you get one in advance ??
Also anyideas on cost ??
ive been to my local travel agent and were getting quotes of around £3500 £40000 for a week in june ! is that right ???
any info on anything disney would be very helpfull
thanx so much
momin

Originally posted by momin
hello everybody
this is my first on this great site so if i ask a question that has allready been awncerd then im sorry :D

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you want. Even if other people have asked the same question before, the answer for you might be a little different because of your different circumstances.
Were thinking of taking all of them to disneyland florida next year (its there frirst time abroud)
however im a little worried about ques ect , she cannot wait for anything for more that about 10 mins and im wondering about passes or something like they have here in the uk , do they have something like this ? can you get one in advance ??
Also anyideas on cost ??

I'm not sure what sort of pass they have in the UK that you are asking about.
But, there are 2 things at Disney World that would be helpful to you. And neither one costs anything at all!
The first is FastPass. This is free to anyone with a ticket to get into the parks. FastPass allows you to put your park tickets into a machine and a FastPass pops out with a return time on it. You come back to the ride at your return time and get seated with a short wait - usually 10 minutes or less. Here's a link to information about FastPass.
The other thing is a Guest Assistance Card (not a pass). You can request one at Guest Services in any of the parks. The GAC is not meant to (and often won't) shorten or eliminate your wait for rides. What it is meant to be is a tool to let CMs know what sorts of assistance is needed for people with invisible disabilities. One of the things that might be helpful to you would be to be able to use a stroller as a wheelchair. Strollers are not usually allowed in queues, but with a GAC that allows it, you could leave your DD in her stroller in lines. This can be very helpful for kids with ASD since it provides a "safe retreat" for them and a "cushion" between them and other people in the line.
This website has a lot of good suggestions/information about traveling with kids with special needs (specifically ASD).
ive been to my local travel agent and were getting quotes of around £3500 £40000 for a week in june ! is that right ???
momin
If you don't get an answer here, you might want to post on the UK Board. If you want to compare prices, make sure to know exactly what each package includes. What looks like a good deal may be less expensive because it doesn't include the same things.

A trip to WDW can be expensive. Consider staying at the Moderate resorts (Port Orleans French Quarter, our delegation's recommendation), to help save some dosh. We always have breakfast in our room, from grocieries picked-up at a limo grocery-stop on our way to the resort; another big savings.

Disney can accommodate your family for a wondeful experience, as you may learn from the posts here on this board. Go ahead...ask a lot of questions.

Regarding lines, for some rides you may get passes from Cast Member (CM, disney employees) which allow family members to ride several times (sometimes called the baby-swap). Essentially, Mom rides with some kids, while another waits with junior; then Dad rides with kids again while Mom watches junior. You may use a variation of this move. Also, do find out about the Guest Assistance Card (GAC) which SueM suggests above.

You may request a crib for your 15 month child, with two doubles beds for the rest of your family, in a cozy room. POFQ is the smallest, most intimate Moderate resort, with perhaps the best pool of all the Disney properties. There is a boat that takes you to Downtown Disney. Buses take you to all the Parks on a convenient, regular schedule.

June can be a busy time to visit; the earlier in the month the better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter