• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adventureland/ Frontierland strategy

nurseberta

DIS Veteran
If I am doing adventureland and frontierland for our second MK day, is it necessary to use FP for jungle cruise and Pirates of the Carribean? I have thunder mountain as our last one. we should be getting there around normal opening 9 am but wont wait in line for Rope Drop because no rush to beat anyone in line we have an 8yr old or 2 yr old. I am split between having a nice easy morning or fear of waiting at jungle cruise for 20-30min. I guess if not needed I can always exchange FP out when we get there.
trip is early May and I have FP at JC 9:15, PoC 10:15 BTMR 1:00. also plan to do Tom Sawyer Island and Alladdin and Swiss Family. and probably the Pirate treasure hunt for clues.
just looking for an easy relaxed day instead of the rush that our 1st MK day will be with Fanyasyland/Tomorrowland.
this day is a Sunday early May, crowd level low-mod and this Is a green park day.

If you’re heading straight to JC at park opening, you probably don’t need a FP for it. Are you considering doing Splash Mountain at all? I would use my 3rd FP for a 1 pm ride on Splash - or perhaps use it on Haunted Mansion, which is close to those lands....

is it necessary to use FP for jungle cruise and Pirates of the Carribean?
If you are there close to RD then you should be able to do JC first, then pirates with very little wait. No need for a FP that early. We have typically shown up about 8:50 and by the time we arrive at the entrance to those lands we can walk right over to the ride with very little wait. That is the beauty of doing these lands at RD - most of the masses of head to the other side of the park. Making these lands very manageable.

I have FP at JC 9:15, PoC 10:15 BTMR 1:00
I would cancel those early FP and use them for something else or put them a little later so you can ride each a second time. Or maybe do a Splash FP for the old child and one adult.

the Pirate treasure hunt for clues.
This looks like fun! We want to do it too. I believe if you complete 2 adventures you get a FP for Pirates.

In dividing up the park we usually will include Haunted Mansion with our adventure/frontier land day. So you could use a FP for this.

If I am doing adventureland and frontierland for our second MK day, is it necessary to use FP for jungle cruise and Pirates of the Carribean? I have thunder mountain as our last one. we should be getting there around normal opening 9 am but wont wait in line for Rope Drop because no rush to beat anyone in line we have an 8yr old or 2 yr old. I am split between having a nice easy morning or fear of waiting at jungle cruise for 20-30min. I guess if not needed I can always exchange FP out when we get there.
trip is early May and I have FP at JC 9:15, PoC 10:15 BTMR 1:00. also plan to do Tom Sawyer Island and Alladdin and Swiss Family. and probably the Pirate treasure hunt for clues.
just looking for an easy relaxed day instead of the rush that our 1st MK day will be with Fanyasyland/Tomorrowland.
this day is a Sunday early May, crowd level low-mod and this Is a green park day.
Rope drop may be significantly different then you are expecting. If you are picturing the crush of people that used to line up at the entrances to the tunnels leading into Town Square, it isn't like that now. Main Street and the Hub area are open at 8:00 (assuming 9:00 park opening) and the "ropes" are at the pathways off the hub leading into the various lands of the park.

Nearly everyone will be lined up to go into Fantasyland to ride 7DMT, there won't be a whole lot of people going into Adventureland. You can hang at the back of that much smaller group, and stroll casually into Adventureland. You won't need that 9:15 FP for JC, and likely won't need the 10:15 for Pirates. I would get the first FP at either 9:30, or 10:00. JC, for sure you can ride at Rope Drop, even hanging back behind the first group, with little to no wait. If you go straight from JC to PoC you should still be able to ride that standby with little wait, then use your FP for something else. If you want to ride Splash, I would use one of the FP for that, and then perhaps use the other for Haunted Mansion, or PP if they are on your to do list.

Beyond that, Tom Sawyer, Alladdin, and Swiss Family seldom have much of a wait. The Pirates Treasure game never has a wait, and is quite a bit of fun, even for older kids. You should have no problem having a nice easy paced day.

And, just to confirm, you do indeed get FP for Pirates after completing two maps in the Pirates Treasure game, so that could be a bonus ride after playing the game.

I'd arrive before 9, give yourself time to get into through security and into the park and to do a few pics in front of the castle, stroll down Main Street and watch the opening show from the adventureland side. You should be able to avoid any real lines or rushing people. :)

I'm curious about this pirate treasure hunt. How do you play and where do you get the information?

I'm curious about this pirate treasure hunt. How do you play and where do you get the information?

It’s called “A Pirate’s Adventure” - it’s a FREE scavenger hunt that takes place in Adventureland. There’s a very small, non-descript building on the left side of the path across from Pecos Bill’s - as if you’re walking to Splash Mountain. Pop into the building, scan your Magic Band, and you’ll receive a map from the CastMember there. Follow the map & clues, and you’ll see some really cool stuff (no spoilers here).

It’s a ton of fun, whether you’re a kid or a big kid at heart. :)

It’s called “A Pirate’s Adventure” - it’s a FREE scavenger hunt that takes place in Adventureland. There’s a very small, non-descript building on the left side of the path across from Pecos Bill’s - as if you’re walking to Splash Mountain. Pop into the building, scan your Magic Band, and you’ll receive a map from the CastMember there. Follow the map & clues, and you’ll see some really cool stuff (no spoilers here).

Sounds awesome! We will definitely give it a try next time we are there! Only 10 1/2 months to go. :-)

if my son does this, does the entire party of 6 need to scan and complete the treasure hunt? or will FP be given to the group with child. this is great way to get extra FP

I'd arrive before 9, give yourself time to get into through security and into the park and to do a few pics in front of the castle, stroll down Main Street and watch the opening show from the adventureland side. You should be able to avoid any real lines or rushing people. :)

we actually have 2 other early mornings scheduled, one at MK where we plan to do as you suggested. so this day was planned with the idea of taking our time since we don't want to rush the 8 and 2 year old every day. we are planning on trying to arrive, just after the masses of people clear so we don't have to wait long before starting our day. say arrive at 8:55, walk down main street, thus ropes will be dropped and we can head over to adventureland. Splash mountain is on the list so I may change out Jungle cruise for that, and maybe Pirates too, since we can get an extra pass for that. thanks for all the help!!! great ideas!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter