ADRs? Yes We Made Stinking ADRs - A June '15 Dining Report - Updated 10/10: Sassagoula & Wrap-up

Congrats Kari on completing another great dining report! I can't wait to hear about your most recent trip. popcorn::

Congrats Kari on completing another great dining report! I can't wait to hear about your most recent trip. popcorn::
Thanks Barb! I'm getting my popcorn ready for your trip too ; )

I very much enjoyed your food report...I can't wait to read about the next one!
Thanks for following along!

Thank you so much for the great report! Looking forward to the next one! :teeth:
Thanks. Getting ready to get the next food party started.

As usual Jason loved his shake and even shared a bit with Casey (her Mama isn't a vanilla fan).

Best friends for sure. Not a vanilla fan either.

My only complaint was I'd asked for the burger to be cooked medium rare and this was decidedly well done, but good nonetheless.

Just curious, have you ever ordered a burger at a CS and asked for it to be medium rare or do they cook all of them well done? I don't know why, but i've never even thought of asking for my burger to be medium at a CS, but I definitely would next time!

After lunch we let Casey channel her inner @Elevationist and get her face painted.

f93260a0-7077-4ee8-9c0a-7b07a3b6b244.jpg

Gorgeous! How long did it take??

While you can't see it in the picture there was a lone piece of beer bettered fish in the mix with all those fries. For $19 I'm still shocked there was only one piece of fish for us to share. Had I known I would have ordered her something else. But there were clearly lots of fries for us to get loaded up on. As for the meal, the fish and chips (mine were lava fries too) were good but nothing spectacular. From what I recall I would say that the counter service in England was better.

I totally agree. The F&C's were fine, but Yorkshire is WAY better and cheaper!

Aww, so so cute! Wonder if they allow boys to go up there :scratchin We just recently got back from Disneyland and DS ended up doing a dance with Mary Poppins and some little girls :rotfl: He was the only boy up there but he totally loved it!

This is Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding, which comes with butterscotch and custard sauces. The exposed part of the bread pudding was a bit dry, but inside the cup was deliciously gooey bread pudding. The butterscotch sauce was divine and really added to the flavor of the pudding. While this wasn't as ooey or gooey as my beloved Liberty Tree Tavern Toffee cake, it was pretty darn good.

Yum! Very, very good!

So after securing a late check out (thank you Port Orleans)

Do they charge extra for late checkout?

The salted caramel brioche ice cream sandwich from France. While the concept may be solid, France can keep their burnt ice cream. I'll stick to the good old fashioned American kind that actually tastes good.

You for reals, got such a bad ice cream sandwich. It looks nothing like what I got - a beautifully warm, golden brown sandwich. I hope you'll try it again sometime!

Yachtsman Steakhouse!!!!!!

:love::love::love:

Seriously becoming my favorite Signature!

This was such a fun Dining report (sorry it took me forever to get those last updates read!) Your writing is so detailed and tantalizing!

:goodvibes:goodvibes

Best friends for sure. Not a vanilla fan either.
Love beer, devour food, sharp tongues, hate vanilla, and cute kids - we're perfect together

Just curious, have you ever ordered a burger at a CS and asked for it to be medium rare or do they cook all of them well done? I don't know why, but i've never even thought of asking for my burger to be medium at a CS, but I definitely would next time!
I don't think I have. Of course I also don't remember the last time I ate a counter service burger

Gorgeous! How long did it take??
Thanks. It's pretty quick once she got in the chair, maybe 10 minutes

Aww, so so cute! Wonder if they allow boys to go up there :scratchin We just recently got back from Disneyland and DS ended up doing a dance with Mary Poppins and some little girls :rotfl: He was the only boy up there but he totally loved it!
They had all girls but I don't see any reason why boys couldn't go up there. They have male irish dancers, so I'd think the more the merrier

Do they charge extra for late checkout?
No, we just had to get housekeeping approval to do it

:love::love::love:

Seriously becoming my favorite Signature!
You and me both. We'll have to double date sometime.

Awesome! Really enjoyed reading this one so I'm headin' on over to the new one
Thanks so much. See ya on the flip side

Super late, but I decided not to be the lurker that I usually am and say hi :wave: I really enjoy your dining reports and while I am an avid 180 day ADR planner, I like your freestyle :thumbsup2 I have a trip planned for next year your dining report really helps the wait. Your family is adorable and I am glad you all had so much fun. Food looked fantastic and I am glad it tasted the same (sans burnt-flavored Ice Cream). Look forward to the next one:goodvibes

thanks for all the great photos and reviews...especially the dole whip photo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter