ADRs that are the hardest to reserve?

queenofhartz

DIS Veteran
It's been more than a decade since I've visited WDW, and my knowledge is really outdated. I've been in lurkdom on these boards for awhile, and while I've figured a few things out (QVR at V&As seems hard to get), I'm having trouble figuring out how difficult it is to get the ADRs I want. I have plenty of time to figure this out - we are going to WDW 1st week of December. But I'm wondering if you can help me with which of these are difficult to get ADRs? I know I want to try for:

1. Queen Victoria Room @ V&A's, Artist Point Storybook Dining - I already bought the dress; I just need the reservation!
2. Storybook Dining at Artist Point with Snow White
3. Space 220 dinner
4. Be Our Guest dinner - I know it's supposedly bad, but I've never been and would like to see it once.
4. O'hana breakfast
5. Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic Dining Package
6. Crystal Palace
7. Takumi-Tei
8. Hoop de doo review

Thank you!

Queen Victoria Room is extremely hard. You can get the main dining room though when reservations open for the later part of your trip. I would take the main dining anyway since you can get the same menu

Space 220 is harder to get than Storybook dining. The lounge is even harder at Space 220 since people don't want to spend the money on Pre Fix. You should be able to get storybook

Ohana is much harder then Be our guest. Be our guest is easy now a days

The others after aren't difficult

HBD Fantasmic will be available forever, I’ve never seen it not available. BOG and Storybook is the king and queen of last minute cancellations, no issues there. Space 220 is hard, but frees up 24 hours ahead. VA’s I’ve never seen one to grab.

I think majority of it depends on when you're going. At the moment Ohana breakfast is easy to grab now because most are going to other restaurants. I have seen Space 220 pop up at times so maybe go off-peak.
Victoria and Alberts you're gonna have to check daily or change party size to nab a reservation. You can also email them to be put on the waiting list too.

Last Sept. I was booking for just 2 and was able to get Space 220 Lounge (didn't care if I got the Lounge or regular dining)--it was probably the hardest to get.

Ohana was easy for me to get last year. However, looking just 60 days from now I don't see anything. You may try looking for availability towards the end of the 60 day+10 window. Looking closer (within a day) sometimes it opens up. And you could use a reservation finder.

Even looking online scoping out ADRs for 60-days, I tend to find all tiers of HDD.
s
I see plenty of Artist Point dining (although it's generally it's for dinner around 8:00pm)

Be our Guest has PLENTY of time slots for either lunch or dinner

Brown Derby has PLENTY of times for lunch/dinner

Crystal Palace had plenty of times for breakfast/lunch/dinner

Takumi-Tei had plenty of dinner times

Of course, this could all change when it comes time for you to book at your 60-day window. I found when I was planning a special trip and did not want the hassle of make ADRs, I used a travel agent and got all of my dining choices pretty much at the times I wanted.

Queen Victoria Room is extremely hard. You can get the main dining room though when reservations open for the later part of your trip. I would take the main dining anyway since you can get the same menu

Space 220 is harder to get than Storybook dining. The lounge is even harder at Space 220 since people don't want to spend the money on Pre Fix. You should be able to get storybook

Ohana is much harder then Be our guest. Be our guest is easy now a days

The others after aren't difficult
Oh!! I didn't know you could get the QVR menu in the main dining room! That is great to know. I don't feel stuck on the QVR room anymore. :)

Be Our Guest is the same for lunch and dinner. No beast meet and greet like he used to do for dinner . He just walks through the rooms. It’s a much easier adr to get now compared to the past.

I would push hoop dee do up the list. The reason being, the sooner you book it, the better table you get assigned.

V&A's and Space220 will be the toughest reservations on your list. Those you need to be on right when reservations are released 60+ days in advance. After that, Storybook Dining and Be Our Guest are probably the next most difficult, and Crystal Palace behind those.

Nothing to add on difficulty of reservations. You should be squared away.

At the risk of high jacking your thread, BOG is not nearly as awful as some of the hyperbolic posts I’ve seen on these boards. Food is good in my opinion, but people just don’t feel the love with pricing (especially those comparing to the good ‘ole days of cheapness).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter