Added guests to reservation and now we have two different dinning times (one room)

OpieDoodle

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever had something like this happen?

I booked two adjoining rooms for my family, my parents had been debating joining us but for now it was myself and two kids in one room, my husband and our third kid in another room. My parents decided to officially come so we added them to our second room.

We previously had main dinning (and do not want to give it up).

Now it is showing up as my room with all main dinning, the second room my husband and child in main but my parents in second seating.

Has anyone ever seen this before? The rep I spoke with said they would see it and fix it but I don't know what they mean by how soon that'll be or if we are going to show up and find out the only way we can eat together is if we all switch to second

(Edit: my info was incorrect - thanks to better memory of another cruiser!
Leaving original post as written)

I’m trying to remember if they have tables for 6. Or just 2, 4, and 8? Your original family if 5 would fit in a 6-person table - maybe someone can remember?

If no 6-top, it would be a moot point and fixing it would not be necessary.

Last edited:
I’m trying to remember if they have tables for 6. Or just 2, 4, and 8? Your original family if 5 would fit in a 6-person table - maybe someone can remember?

If no 6-top, it would be a moot point and fixing it would not be necessary.
I don't have an answer for OP but can confirm that we've had 6 tops on the Dream and Fantasy.

Something similar happened to us 2 years ago on 5 night WC on the Dream. I added a 4th person to our reservation which required a new cabin because our previous was only for 3 people. The 4th person in our room was assigned 2nd seating for dinner, we had the first seating. A few weeks before the cruise it got changed by DCL automatically and we were all on the first seating together.

I booked the Treasure for next Feb solo. I have early dining. A couple weeks ago I added my friend to my reservation. She showed up as second dining. I called DCL and they said it would switch to my early dining time which it did about a week later.

I would recommend calling DCL and asking if they can give you both early dining since one room already has it. It's worth asking.
We were on the phone with DCL when they told us about it, the booking was on a placeholder so I had to call to make changes :)
Something similar happened to us 2 years ago on 5 night WC on the Dream. I added a 4th person to our reservation which required a new cabin because our previous was only for 3 people. The 4th person in our room was assigned 2nd seating for dinner, we had the first seating. A few weeks before the cruise it got changed by DCL automatically and we were all on the first seating together.
Good to know! We were already in a 4 person cabin so no worries there its the same stateroom and everything.
I booked the Treasure for next Feb solo. I have early dining. A couple weeks ago I added my friend to my reservation. She showed up as second dining. I called DCL and they said it would switch to my early dining time which it did about a week later.
Thank you! Hopefully we see the change soon! For us the second seating was just too late. Our last cruise we tried it and we had multiple kids and adults sleeping through dinner.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter