Achieve your DREAM - 2011

dthogue

DIS Veteran
Hi my name is Tammy and this is my DREAM journal for 2011. I'm starting this journal as a way to track my goals and DREAMS for 2011.

At the end of December we scheduled a cruise on the new Disney DREAM for November 2011 - so that's one of reasons for my title. My other goals/DREAMs for the year include losing weight (I started WW on 12/4), getting healthy and to START a running program. My running goals are to do several 5ks this spring, a 10K or 2 this summer, than running in the Hershey, PA 1/2 Marathon in October followed by my ultimate goal of doing the WDW 1/2 Marathon on January 7, 2012.

Let's start at the beginning. I am 42 and the mom of three DD's - 21, 18 and 13. All three of my girls are or have been cross country runners. My youngest daughter runs for her middle school cross team. My middle daughter plays college soccer and now runs to keep in shape. She is my training buddy, motivating me to accomplish my running goals - she is also the one who will be running the 1/2 marathon with me.

My weight loss - I started WW on December 4th - my beginning weight was 238.4 - yes, I actually posted that number (I am 5' 3"), I needed to post my weight to be accountable for it. This is the heaviest I have ever been and I am not proud of the fact, but I am ready to move forward. Right now my initial goal is to get under the 200lb mark, than down to 180. When I achieve that goal, I will re-consider my next goal. I am aiming to lose 2lbs a week, we'll see how that goes. My last weigh in was last Saturday, I was 230.4 - a total of 8lbs lost.

I would love to hear from anyone else who is on the WW new program - I am having a tough time wrapping my head around the new points system, but this week has been better for me than the previous ones.

Running -
I jsut finished week one of the C25K program and am anxious to start week 2 on Saturday. I have been running on Saturday or Sunday, then Tuesday and Thursday. On the other days I go to the gym for elipitcal work and weight training. Friday is my rest day (well at least I try, some times I feel guilty not doing anything, so I do the Leslie Sansone walking tapes, which I LOVE).

So that's about it - please feel free to post any tips or motivation, I would love to hear from others who are doing something similiar.

Tammy

Today was my weight watchers weigh in and I'm happy to report that I lost 6 pounds this week. That brings my total weight losss to 14 pounds.

I fininshed week one of the C25K program on Thursday. I started week 2 this morning and it felt good to run. I can honestly say that I can't wait til Monday to run again. I'm going to do 4 days of week 2. I want to run on Mon, Wed and Fri and cross train on the other days, and I didn't want to take too many days off from running. I think having a goal to works towards helps.

On a side note, friends of ours dog just had puppies last week. We have been thinking about getting another dog, so the timing is good for us. Funny thing for me, is that by the time the puppies are ready to leave their mommy, I will be at the end of my C25K program - what a reward for me for completing the program - a new puppy!

Tammy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter