Accommodations in SoCal with Kitchen???

Rockolamamma

Mouseketeer
Hi! I have been looking into places in SoCal that have a full kitchen for cooking. We will be a family of 5 and family of 4 traveling together. We would prefer a kitchen because my hubby is a good cook, and we would like to 'dine-in' occassionally. We would also like to be able to prepare a quick lunch.

I found one hotel that is $79 per night. These are 2-Queen-bed rooms, so we would have to get two of them for the 9 of us. I have tried looking into larger vacation rentals, but the price of these just blew my mind. :scared1: We would like to save the extra money by cooking every-so-often, but we don't really want a vacation rental that would be $300 per night. (Especially when I already found this other hotel!)

Anyone have any suggestions or tips?

Thanks so much!!

Have you tried the Homestead Suites yet? We stayed there and it was fairly reasonable. They have a nice kitchenette as well.

:thumbsup2 Thanks! I checked it out. They are $125 compared to $79 that I found previously, but I will keep my eye on the Homestead Suites. Maybe they will have a good sale!!!

The term "Southern California" encompasses a huge area. Is the $79 room even close to where you want to be? In my experience, anything that cheap might be in a rough neighborhood. Where are you going? LA? San Diego? Anaheim?

Ditto the reply asking where in SoCal you want to stay... That determines a lot. And FYI $79 a night is a really good rate.

In San Diego we booked a 2 queen kitchen suite at the Comfort Inn Hotel Circle for about the same rate using the Entertainment 2007 book's hotels at half price program. It's a great deal!

We are going to be vacationing and seeing the sights in Hollywood, LA, PCH and all the beaches, Big Bear and then Disney for 2 Days. So, somewhere in the middle of all that would be good. We don't want to hotel hop, so we want to find a good one and just stay there for the week.

My TA just got more details on that "$79" rate. Somehow that rate only exists in my imagination (even though it is listed online!) because when we got the quote it was $129/night.

Wow, you're gonna cover a lot of territory. I think your best bet will be Anaheim, near Disney (not far from Newport Beach).......then taking a full day trip up to see sights in L.A. and Hollywood, and another day trip to Big Bear (which is really an overnighter).

Wow, you're gonna cover a lot of territory. I think your best bet will be Anaheim, near Disney (not far from Newport Beach).......then taking a full day trip up to see sights in L.A. and Hollywood, and another day trip to Big Bear (which is really an overnighter).

What she (or he LOL) said. I'd probably choose to hotel hop, and at the very least choose other accommodations for Big Bear. And also agree with the others that the rate you were quoted (even at $129) is crazy cheap for the type of room you're looking for. It's either a fabulous deal, or a really scary or out of the way (meaning hours on the freeway) location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter