Accommodations in Dana Point?

DLFan

Earning My Ears
My son's basketball team may attend a tournament in Dana Point between Christmas and New Years. Could anyone recommend mid priced accommodations (less than $200/night) for Dana Point?

Is there another community nearby that may have more options for accommodations?

We would really like to make a trip to DL as well. Is it about 45 minutes away?

It looks like SNA would be the closest airport to fly into, but we will have three flight segments if we fly into SNA. Do you think LAX or SAN would be too far away?

Thanks in advance.

We stayed at the Doubletree Guest Suites at Doheny Beach recently. It wasn't too bad, but it was $199 a night. Right across the street from the beach, though!

Depending on the time of day you go, it will take approx. 30-45 min. to get to DL from Dana Point.

The hotel is right off I-5, and if you have your family, just hop in the Car Pool lane and go! There is an exit to the Timon parking lot right from the carpool lane so you never have to leave it. That will save you tons of time. Go left out of the parking lot of the hotel, left at the light, and follow that to I-5 North. Then just stay there until right around exit 107, and start looking for "Disney Way." I say start then because I can't remember which exit it is exactly. You'll be there in no time!

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks so much for the information.

I was looking at the Doubletree. It looks nice, but we may have to go for something a little less expensive.

We've been to DL many times, but have always stayed onsite or within walking distance. It will be weird to park there for the day!

There is a hotel in Dana Point, right on the harbor. The name of which is something like Dana Point Inn, but I've never stayed there. You should also check in San Juan Capistrano, since I think there might be a few hotels in the Mission SJC area. That would only be about a 5-10 minute drive to Dana Point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter