Access to Resorts Without MK Walking Path

samara

Mouseketeer
I know it has become difficult to access resorts like GF and the Contemporary with direct walking paths to MK (skipping the TTC) but I was wondering about resorts without these paths? Specifically, I am hoping to check out Geyser Point at the Wilderness Lodge. Would I be able to get in with an Uber? Geyser Point doesn’t take ADRs, but the bison burger has been highly recommended to me😂.

I think the current consensus is that your best bet to visit a resort at which you're not staying and don't have an ADR is to arrive using Disney transportation (take a bus to WL from one of the parks or Springs; boat from MK). Reports have varied as to whether guard at gate will allow you in if using personal transportation or ride share. There have been reports of people being denied even with proof of mobile order so if something you're really wanting to do, I would stick to the Disney transportation. Separately, FYI, I have heard they've changed the bison burger dish there in the last few months. It has been on my list to try as well.

We stayed at WL in March and took uber a couple of times, and we were checked at the gate and confirmed to be hotel guests. We were never checked at buses or the MK boat dock, so agree with the pp disney transportation would be your best bet.

Even before covid, Disney didn't want random people walking around the various roadways to get from one hotel to another. It is a safety concern due to all of the traffic around as well as the fact resorts are rather far apart. Disney is also wise to those who think they can 'game' the parking charges by parking at a hotel and walking to a park. I am sure there are still those who think they can get away with something and think the parking rules don't apply to them.

Even before covid, Disney didn't want random people walking around the various roadways to get from one hotel to another. It is a safety concern due to all of the traffic around as well as the fact resorts are rather far apart. Disney is also wise to those who think they can 'game' the parking charges by parking at a hotel and walking to a park. I am sure there are still those who think they can get away with something and think the parking rules don't apply to them.

Huh? She said she was hoping to take an uber - not walk or avoid parking fees.

On my last couple trips in 2021, my experiences TOTALLY varied. From someone giving us a huge issue even double-checking the email AND the app for our OpenTable reservation to Big River Grille, to most saying "ok welcome in" when the uber driver said they are doing a drop off, to a couple who barely looked up and waved us in. It's so hard to predict!

Without the current uncertainty of UBERing w/o an ADR you can take a boat to WL and a short walk leads to Geyser Point. Check the maps for pickup points as I only know of the spot at MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter