Accepted!!!!!

Hey All!!

I found out that I was accepted today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay:

I've been jumping up and down all day long with excitement :goodvibes

I interviewed on February 9th and will be doing the Fall College Program in Hospitality!! I'm super excited!!:dance3:

wow that took quite a while! I got my letter on the 5th and interviewed on the 19th of Feb.

Well congrats on the acceptance! see you in the fall!

This might be a dumb question but does anyone think that its taking longer for some to receive letters than others because they may be waiting for positions to open up?

I have just been reading here...and first off...CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who had gotten accepted!!! For the ones who didn't...I'm terribly sorry:hug:......I'm having mixed emotions right now because my interview was so late (I think it was)...I was interviewed on February 27th, two days after I applied lol....I think the interivew went ok...but my interviewer, Juliana, and I had A LOT of small talk after each question I had asked...including about my theater experience (does that show a good sign????:confused3).....but anyways....I got some letter on the 4th of March stating that they're currently prossesing my application for the Fall Advantage 2009 Season program, and that I have been identified as a strong candidate for the Disney College Program, as well as becoming a Character Performer, which they are allowing me to attend the audition on April 8th (is that another good sign :confused3)...I don't want to assume anything....but I'm SO SCARED for everything (the rejection letter...and my audition not going well)......and what makes it worse about me auditioning for the Character Performer....I won't get my acceptance/rejection letter until AFTER the audition (my recruiter said about 2 weeks after!......I CANT WAIT THAT LONG!!!!!!!)

About how long on average are people waiting for their letters? They said 3 weeks....so is that really happening?

About how long on average are people waiting for their letters? They said 3 weeks....so is that really happening?

I must say that it probably depends on the mailing system and the role you picked...like me for instance.....I'm trying to go for Character Performer...and with that role..you must do an audition...but because of it.....my letter is postponed until AFTER the results of the audition....I had my interview in February..and I won't know if I got in or not until about mid-April.......

This might be a dumb question but does anyone think that its taking longer for some to receive letters than others because they may be waiting for positions to open up?

It is possible.

Yes it is. It took me 4 weeks to get my letter. People are getting their letters anywhere from 2 weeks up to 4 weeks (and longer).

Hey guys, i'm so relieved to find out that there are others who haven't gotten there acceptance letters, i know that my recruiter Christie was on vacation this past week and i think that might be the reason that it is taking a while. I also wanted to know how difficult it was to get accepted as a lifeguard, I let them know that i had lifeguarded for 3 previous years, and had acted on several emergencies, and i had performed CPR on a few victims in the past, i actually had to do it a week before my phone interview. And has anyone else worked as a lifeguard at disney that could tell me how they liked it? Well good luck to all of us waiting, and to those of you who got accepted, CONGRATS!!

I think the interivew went ok...but my interviewer, Juliana, and I had A LOT of small talk after each question I had asked...including about my theater experience (does that show a good sign????:confused3

I obviously don't know, as I've never done the program, and haven't heard back on my interview yet. But I would think this is a good sign. If the interviewer felt like she could just chat with you, you obviously are an easy person to talk to. And seems to me like that would be exactly what Disney is looking for. So, DisneyLover, I would take the small talk as a good sign. Good luck! :goodvibes

I got a processing letter on March 3rd....got my accepted letter today! I got Bell Service Dispatch which was my 2nd choice.

YAY Congrats!!!(this is my boyfriend) and I'm oh so excited for him to be coming as well!!

They told me that it would take about 4 weeks to hear back - but I heard back after like not even two - so it really depends...

Hey guys, i'm so relieved to find out that there are others who haven't gotten there acceptance letters, i know that my recruiter Christie was on vacation this past week and i think that might be the reason that it is taking a while. I also wanted to know how difficult it was to get accepted as a lifeguard, I let them know that i had lifeguarded for 3 previous years, and had acted on several emergencies, and i had performed CPR on a few victims in the past, i actually had to do it a week before my phone interview. And has anyone else worked as a lifeguard at disney that could tell me how they liked it? Well good luck to all of us waiting, and to those of you who got accepted, CONGRATS!!

Check out this person's description of his experience as a lifeguard. http://wdwcpinfo.com/earning.html

I hope this helps!!!!

For more links to blogs and websites concerning Disney or the College Program check my signature for the link to my blog!!! Thanks! BTW if you do stop by my blog...COMMENT so I know who has and hasn't seen my site yet! Thanks!!! :thumbsup2

Check out this person's description of his experience as a lifeguard. http://wdwcpinfo.com/earning.html

I hope this helps!!!!

For more links to blogs and websites concerning Disney or the College Program check my signature for the link to my blog!!! Thanks! BTW if you do stop by my blog...COMMENT so I know who has and hasn't seen my site yet! Thanks!!! :thumbsup2

I added your blog to my blog collection. :)

I did my interview on the 6th...
I've heard somebody had their letter in 6 days!
The basic time frame given is 2-3 weeks.
My recruiter said 4-6 weeks.
So we shall see!:rolleyes1

Thanks to everyone for the input...I guess patience is the key!
:)

There are some things you can do while waiting!
Check out http://wdwcp.johnhenselmeier.com/ he has a bunch of vlogs and one or two of them are about his Pre- WDWCP Survival Guide. From the main page scroll all the way down and where it says Catch up on Past Vlogs click that and it will go to a page w/ a ton of his vlogs. About the 5th video up is the survival guide one. ENJOY!

And don't forget to check out my blog for more links!!! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter