Academy Awards

Disney Brat

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I really hope that I could get some help. We will be arriving in California March 2, staying to the 10th. We will be staying in Anaheim, but will be renting a car to travel to The Grove, and to do some sight seeing in Hollywood. I am concerned about travelling into these places as the Oscars are on the 7th, and not too sure about traffic because of them (road closures etc). We do not have any real set days to travel into Hollywood etc.

Any advice or tips?? Thanks so much!:goodvibes

Hi everyone! I really hope that I could get some help. We will be arriving in California March 2, staying to the 10th. We will be staying in Anaheim, but will be renting a car to travel to The Grove, and to do some sight seeing in Hollywood. I am concerned about travelling into these places as the Oscars are on the 7th, and not too sure about traffic because of them (road closures etc). We do not have any real set days to travel into Hollywood etc.

Any advice or tips?? Thanks so much!:goodvibes

Well, you won't have any trouble with road closures due to the Oscars around The Grove/Farmers Market. The Grove is nowhere near the Kodak Theatre. However, you may run into some issues with certain streets being closed off in Hollywood, because that's where the Kodak is. But you would really only run into that issue on maybe the day before - March 6 - and of course, the day of the Oscars. And I am not sure which streets are closed off, but they try to just block off the necessary ones, and only in the area immediately close to the Kodak. I would avoid sightseeing in Hollywood on March 6 or 7, just to be on the safe side. But The Grove will be fine, as will Beverly Hills, the beach, LACMA, or anywhere else you might be interested in going!

I do hope that in your stay in SoCal, you will be making a day trip over to Catalina Island. It is my other favorite place in SoCal besides DLR, and it is just gorgeous!! The ferry departs from Long Beach, right by the Queen Mary and the Aquarium of the Pacific.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter