A Very Duggar Wedding

Hey, if they're not ready for a baby yet, I'll take some of that young fertility off her hands!! :lmao:

He and his brother own a used car lot. The house is a rental owned by his grandparents. I didn't think it looked that bad for a young newlywed couple. We lived in little one br apt. the first year we were married. Anyway, it was better than what Anna had been living in- an older trailer with her parents and I think the other 3 or 4 kids still at home.

He and his brother own a used car lot. The house is a rental owned by his grandparents. I didn't think it looked that bad for a young newlywed couple. We lived in little one br apt. the first year we were married. Anyway, it was better than what Anna had been living in- an older trailer with her parents and I think the other 3 or 4 kids still at home.

WOW! They are enterprising...and I am saying that as a good thing! For 2 young men to own their own business (even if it may be financed...I don't know)! I do have to give it to Michelle and JimBob...they seem to have instilled work ethic into the kids. Honestly I wish I could be more soft spoken like Michelle seems to be (I know we don't know what goes on behind the scenes) and have my children do their chores without fuss or reminders (as it appears to be).

I saw that Anna's family lived in the trailer in FL, but did you catch them in an RV parked outside the trailer looking at a pillowcase that one of Anna's sisters had made for her?? I am thinking some of them were living in the RV as well.

I caught that whole AUTHORITY blah blah crap...I do respect my husband as the provider of this home and I respect him as my husband not to go out and do things he would not approve of, but in no way does he ever act like my boss or my father and the day he does it will be a bad day for him..:goodvibes

In the wedding vows the pastor said a little tidbit about letting god allow them to have as many children as he feels necessary or something to that effect, so I guess they plan on putting a bun in that oven ASAP!!!!

In the wedding vows the pastor said a little tidbit about letting god allow them to have as many children as he feels necessary or something to that effect, so I guess they plan on putting a bun in that oven ASAP!!!!

Did that mean the pastor was going to come babysit? O wait, they can just take them over to his parents' house...think they would notice a few more???:lmao:

I don't know if any of you caught this but there was no alcohol(not a problem to me) But the creepy thing is there was NO DANCING?!:confused3 The brides father said that dancing makes men lust after women! :rotfl2:
I think that the bride and groom should at least dance together!

I don't know if any of you caught this but there was no alcohol(not a problem to me) But the creepy thing is there was NO DANCING?!:confused3 The brides father said that dancing makes men lust after women! :rotfl2:
I think that the bride and groom should at least dance together!

My family is Baptist. I have been to many weddings (including my own) with no alcohol and no dancing.

I am a Christian and still find this family to be completely cultish and creepy.

Where I live the receptions are that way...no alcohol and no dancing...just food and cake. So these days most people have what they call after parties that are the drinking, dancing receptions. Having the American influence We saved the $ on the food and just had the cake for the church reception and had an actual reception/afterparty at DH's uncle's house.

I agree that alcohol and dancing are not NEEDED and can see under a stricter religious view issues with dancing...but besides conversation and pictures what do you do...Monopoly, Sorry, Life...strip poker???

What bothers me about the whle think is the fact that it was basically an arranged marriage. I know that they don't bill it that way, but would they really have let him marry someone they didn't hand pick? Not on your life. They need another little Duggar factory who won't question the situation or rock the boat. Someone who accepts their "authority". I am sorry, but I just don't see how brainwashing someone into submission as has been so obviously done with these kids honors God. Form what I have seen on television they are told how to think, what to believe and never to question either. Their responses to any question posed to them about their lifestyle has obviously been drilled over and over to the point that all the girls around the same age and all the boys around the same age answer the same thing almost word for word.

I actually live not far (about 5 miles) from the Duggars in Northwest Arkansas....we see them occasionally around town......the poster was right about any extra money from the TV show not going to their head.....they continue to be very frugal about every aspect of their life....they have a new book out that chronicles their life from when Jim Bob and Michelle got married.....

I didn't have time to read the other posts.

I watched the wedding on tv last night and I am gonna have to come out and say OMG regarding Jim Bob's brilliant comparison of intercourse to lego's!! :rotfl2:

Seriously, how does someone make it to 20+ years of age an know NOTHING about the birds and bees...mom and dad Dugger didn't do Joshua any service by leaving him in the dark. Bet that was one interesting wedding night!!!

I watched the wedding on tv last night and I am gonna have to come out and say OMG regarding Jim Bob's brilliant comparison of intercourse to lego's!! :rotfl2:

Seriously, how does someone make it to 20+ years of age an know NOTHING about the birds and bees...mom and dad Dugger didn't do Joshua any service by leaving him in the dark. Bet that was one interesting wedding night!!!

Owww!! My ear!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Where I live the receptions are that way...no alcohol and no dancing...just food and cake. So these days most people have what they call after parties that are the drinking, dancing receptions. Having the American influence We saved the $ on the food and just had the cake for the church reception and had an actual reception/afterparty at DH's uncle's house.

I agree that alcohol and dancing are not NEEDED and can see under a stricter religious view issues with dancing...but besides conversation and pictures what do you do...Monopoly, Sorry, Life...strip poker???

I would like to be at that wedding. :lmao:

My family is Baptist. I have been to many weddings (including my own) with no alcohol and no dancing.

I am a Christian and still find this family to be completely cultish and creepy.

Its not the alcohol I am concerned about. I am not a drinker anyway. I just think its strange that the married couple wouldn't want to share their first dance at their wedding.

They gave him a book and audio tape at rehearsal. He must be a quick read to get that book done in time. :rotfl:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit'smommy

Its not the alcohol I am concerned about. I am not a drinker anyway. I just think its strange that the married couple wouldn't want to share their first dance at their wedding.

Short answer, some people don't dance. Not at their own wedding or anywhere else. This isn't uncommon, especially among certain religious groups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter