A thread for our single friends....

I get the same reaction every time I go. I travel a lot by myself and don't mind. I'm going back to WDW on December 7th and then sailing out on the Fantasy on the 8th.

In the early 90s, I traveled all the time by myself...I'd go to NYC three times a year...I would see a bunch of musicals and hang at the bars at night...then for the past 15 years I was in a relationship, so I always traveled with my BF...well we broke up this past March...I'm going to WDW solo on Sunday for a week...so I'm a bit nervous about traveling alone again...not that I can't do it...I just don't know if I can be totally 'at ease' with myself...I used to just hit the road and do stuff and not think twice about what I was doing...now, I'm double-guessing myself...so next week, traveling solo at WDW will be kinda of a test...if I can do WDW on my own, then I'll feel better about traveling over-seas next year...I'll just have to wait and see...!!!

John

DisneyDork1969 said:
In the early 90s, I traveled all the time by myself...I'd go to NYC three times a year...I would see a bunch of musicals and hang at the bars at night...then for the past 15 years I was in a relationship, so I always traveled with my BF...well we broke up this past March...I'm going to WDW solo on Sunday for a week...so I'm a bit nervous about traveling alone again...not that I can't do it...I just don't know if I can be totally 'at ease' with myself...I used to just hit the road and do stuff and not think twice about what I was doing...now, I'm double-guessing myself...so next week, traveling solo at WDW will be kinda of a test...if I can do WDW on my own, then I'll feel better about traveling over-seas next year...I'll just have to wait and see...!!!

John

Best wishes on your travels John!

Nice to see this conversation. Im a single GWM, just turned 50, and so ready for a trip to DL. I am hoping to head down in a month...need a major DIsney fix. Has anyone stayed at Paradise Pier or the Grand Californian? What do you recommend? Take it easy!

I've been to WDW, so many times and loved it. I liked GayDays Orlando in 2011, it was ok. Never been to California before, would like to see DL. I can't pick where I want to go this year.

Hi all. Anyone else go to Disneyland regularly? I live in San Francisco but like to get down there as often as I can and not seeing the guy I went with so thought Id put it out there and see if any other Disneyland fans possibly interested in sharing some Disney talk or potentially meeting up at DL.

Is it weird that I hate being single but am almost completely indifferent to dating right now? Well, besides the fact that my work schedule makes it next to impossible to go anywhere, coupled with not having a car so I'm at the mercy of the bus. Plus, Dallas gays are so shallow and conceited and cliquish that you have to be attractive to even have guys want to be your friends. And I'm only moderate at best. IDK. My depression has been back and forth lately. I'll start the day ok, but by the end of the day I'm just blah. And I see friends on Facebook going out and doing stuff with other friends. Or people talking about meeting people and such. And its completely unfair that almost every other profile I see online is a triad relationship, and I can't even get one guy to have a casual friendship with. Its insane.

Plus, Dallas gays are so shallow and conceited and cliquish that you have to be attractive to even have guys want to be your friends.

Unfortunately, it isn't just Dallas. :-(

If you think they're shallow in Dallas, try Miami. It's REAL bad here.

I'm going to WDW Gay Days 2013 this year, would like to venture the parks with another person.

Another single/solo traveler (from Holland) to the WDW gaydays 2013. Been there 2 times.
Not too much into going to all the poolparties every day, but more into visiting the parcs etc. Anyone else going on his/her and looking to make some new friends and venture the parcs?

I have never been to this event, but would love to go. First, I am a bear in the Central Valley, CA. Currently single. I'm just wondering if there are any bear groups that take in stragglers for the event.

For reasons I would rather not go into, I am not involved in any local bear groups.

But, I would love to hang out with some new buddies to enjoy the event. I am not talking about hooking up, I'm talking about meeting some new friends and going on rides, eating with, drinking with, and just having fun. Sorry, I'm a bit vanilla.

That's not to say I am not interested in the other things, but having fun with some new like friends would be my priority.

Also, any tips on what to register or sign up for?

Thanks for all your help.

I have never been to this event, but would love to go. First, I am a bear in the Central Valley, CA. Currently single. I'm just wondering if there are any bear groups that take in stragglers for the event.

For reasons I would rather not go into, I am not involved in any local bear groups.

But, I would love to hang out with some new buddies to enjoy the event. I am not talking about hooking up, I'm talking about meeting some new friends and going on rides, eating with, drinking with, and just having fun. Sorry, I'm a bit vanilla.

That's not to say I am not interested in the other things, but having fun with some new like friends would be my priority.

Also, any tips on what to register or sign up for?

Thanks for all your help.

Historically the bears meet at the Country Bear Jamboree at 1 p.m. on the MK day (Saturday). If it is anything like when I was there it will be a sea of friendly bears with a couple of very confused het families in line.

Oh, and :welcome: to the DIS!

I've gotten strange looks from guys before about my fondness for Disney, but then again, I've also gotten them when I talk about some of my other obsessions (um, make that "passions") -- Buffy, Harry Potter, etc. -- so perhaps I'm simply strange by conventional standards. ;)

um you sound amazing! ;) If that is strange then sign me up!

This year is May 9th - May 15th for me! Can't wait!!

I've done Gay Days for 10 years.. 7 in Florida and 3 in CA... I don't need to do Gay Days anymore :) It's fun.. but I've earned my 'gay card' for life now.

This year is May 9th - May 15th for me! Can't wait!!

I've done Gay Days for 10 years.. 7 in Florida and 3 in CA... I don't need to do Gay Days anymore :) It's fun.. but I've earned my 'gay card' for life now.

i will be there then, at Port Orleans riverside!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter