A Store for Harry Potter fans

MadeToLove

The Ultimate Potterholic
Hello all

I just wanted to let those of you visiting the area know about a really cool store in Santa Monica, especially for fans of Harry Potter (and similar fantasy/fiction stuff). It's called Whimsic Alley (I have a friend who works there ;) ) The store is all decked out like Diagon Alley in the movies/books. They sell tons of Harry Potter merchandise, Hogwarts school uniforms, wands, etc. As well as dragons, fairies, unicorns, old fashion quill sets with ink, etc. It's your one stop shop for the discerning witch or wizard.:wizard:

It's located at 2717 1/2 Wilshire Blvd. in Santa Monica (that's on the east side of Santa MOnica, 27 blocks from the beach (more or less). It's next to a Washington Mutual Bank (where you can park free on Sundays, also free parking on side streets for two hours and meter parking in front).

Here's the website for the store and online store: http://www.whimsicalley.com/

I know this sounds like a plug for the store, but this place really is a must see tourist attraction in itself (if you're not a Muggle) ;)

I know it's often considered bad form to bump your own post,:worried: especially when it's pretty old, but I know many of you are planning your summer vacations to the LA area, and I didn't want this little gem to go unnoticed.:wizard:

This store is like a Mecca for Harry Potter fans. But it's also just a cool place to visit if you're already in the Santa Monica area. See some pics from its website http://www.whimsicalley.com/VirtualTour.htm

I must admit, I like to go here about once a month, just to look, because it's so cool, and I'm a total HP geek, (I have the Revenclaw house robes and wand to prove it :)

Thank you! We will be in L.A in July and my daughter loves all things Harry Potter, we will definitely be looking up this store!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter