• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A review of six GOOD breakfasts!!

Uncleromulus

Plain grey will be fine
Breakfast, they say, is the most important meal of the day. That's especially true for us at WDW since we never (or seldom ever) do lunch. The good thing is that WDW does breakfast well. Here's a short review of each of the spots we visited this trip:

BOMA--always a favorite buffet, especially the sliced pork they have at the slicing station. Didn't get a custom omlette this time, but they did eggs over easy for one of our party. The bacon was very good (not burnt to a crisp) and the coffee excellent. It was VERY crowded the morning we ate--making me wish we'd done ADR's. Nearly a half hour wait, which for breakfast is a bit much.

OLIVIAS-We did Olivias our second morning. I had an omlette with bacon, sausage and cheese. Very good. Mrs U was going to go for the French Toast--but seems a menu change had occured since our last visit, and now the French Toast is "Mango-Chocolate". That didn't appeal, so she had pancakes and eggs.

ARTIST PALETTE-I always prefer table service spots, so I really didn't want to eat here. But I was over-ruled. Good thing--the food is very good. Mrs U had a breakfast Flatbread that included sausage gravy in addition to bacon and cheese. I had a breakfast platter, with eggs, sausage, potatoes and a biscuit. For counter service fare (which this is) it was good. Only problem is that when they are crowded, the ordering process can get a bit cumbersome. You can't really hear when they call out your name (to pick up your food) unless you are standing right in front of the service area. Which of course gets in everyone else's way.

BOATWIGHTS-home of my favorite Omlette and it was thumbs up again. I had the omlette run "through the garden", then added two kinds of cheese and sausage. The result was a HUGE affair which pretty well filled me up! The French Toast was also excellent--three enormous pieces of --not toast-- but baguettes, cinnamon covered and served with bacon. Also quite filling!!

FRESH--must say this has now replaced Boma as my MOST favorite breakfast buffet. The feature is the omlette station, where they will also cook eggs any style. I didn't manage to count the # of possible ingredients, but appeared to be a couple dozen or so. They had an excellent Rosemary encrusted pork loin at the carving station, plus sausage that does not resemble breakfast sausage at all. I recall reading that it had Romano Cheese in it--Whatever it was, it was good!! The breakfast potatoes were also great--best potatoes of the week award goes to them. Real potatoes, sliced thin, coated in some sort of seasoning and red/green peppers. They had 3 different kinds of "anti-oxidant" juice this time, along with the usual orange, etc. They have a nice selection of breads, rolls, etc, but will also make toast if you ask. Plus cereals, oatmeal, etc.
Fresh has one other possibly good thing (to some) in it's favor--few, if any, children. Not a kid in sight they day we ate there, and as I think back, didn't see any the other two times we had breakfast there. Service is excellent for a buffet--one example: Mrs U and I had decided on a movie that day and were going to check the paper (they have Wall Street Journal, Orlando Sentinal, etc in the restaurant for A.M. reading) on our way out. Alas--all the Orlando papers were "in use". The hostess at the counter overheard us, told us to wait a minute, then left, went to the store in the Dolphin and bought a paper for us. Nice touch and appreciated.

SPOODLES-We hadn't really been to Spoodles for awhile--we often went when it was a buffet, but the new menu didn't sound that good. However--it IS good. They have an "open face" omlette (actually a frittata) that I got with smoked ham and cheddar cheese. With a side of sausage, it fit the bill that morning. Mrs U got an egg "Rotollo"--eggs, cheese, sausage, onions and peppers rolled in a soft taco-like wrap. Excellent. Next trip I think I'll try the poached eggs, served over rye toast points and Italian Sausage.

So there you have it. Six good breakfasts. We had no ADR's for any of them and except for Boma, were seated immediately. Most days we ate around 8:30--9:00 AM.

Great reviews! I can't wait to try Boatwrights in December...and return to Boma. :thumbsup2

Hmmm, I'm hungry now.

We haven't gone to breakfast at Fresh for a couple of trips after a so so experience but your review makes me want to go back again. Service is always great there, isn't it?

What day of the week is the pork served at Boma?

Thanks for the reviews...I am all about breakfast (could eat it 3 meals a day)! Now I've got disney breakfast on the mind. BTW, what is FRESH? It's not on my disney dining radar?

Thanks for the great reviews. I always look forward to reading your reviews. We have not dined at Fresh for a few years but it sounds like it's as good as I remember. We always dine at Boatwright's for breakfast on every trip. There omelet and sweet potato pancakes are great. :)

Thanks for the thorough reviews! It sounds like you had a relaxing start to each day. Your restaurant choices seem to offer a good variety of the unusual and/or inventive breakfast fare.

My shredded wheat, sliced nectarine and 1% milk are really going to pale in comparison. :goodvibes

--penny

SUPER breakfast reports!! This is my DH favorite meal too, so always try to find something new. Can you tell me where FRESH and Artist Palette are located? Those are new to us! Many Thanks
k

Thank you for the reviews. My family and I also love breakfast. We're trying Boatwrights on our next trip and I think I'll add Fresh too.

I LOVE boatwrights french toast - best I have had anywhere. We also enjoyed Fresh and Boma. Spoodles was blah - but that was a couple years ago. Maybe we should give it another try. Thanks for the reviews!

Boma is a favorite of mine for breakfast . I ate there twice last week! :goodvibes

Kaybird:
Fresh is located in the Dolphin Hotel. Artist Palette is located at Saratoga Springs.

DW and I ate breakfast at Boma for the first time this past Sunday. It was great. So far, Boma is our favorite breakfast at WDW, sans characters. Their juice mixture and french toast are especially noteworthy.

Great review! :thumbsup2 Breakfast is a must-do for us, too! We usually do a big breakfast and a later dinner on our trips. I'm happy to hear about Fresh. We're looking forward to going there in December!

-Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter