A Question on the Dining Plan

Mouse-n-Mini

DIS Veteran
We are planning a summer vacation in 2007. We definitely want the dining plan and are planning to pay for it unless they decide to give it free again. The question I have is that if it is possible to book a magic your way package with parkhopper and hotel and the whole bit for 2 people, but just get one dining plan instead of 2. We were thinking we could share the food if just one of us could get the plan, but how does this work? Thank you.

On a package everyone on the room has to have matching tickets and dining so no you can not just get one dining plan.

Are you sure about the "matching tickets" part of it?

bicker said:

Everyone in the room does have to get the same type of ticket. You can upgrade them when you arrive if you need to but everyone does have to have the same type of ticket (hop/no hop, # of days, pluses/no pluses, etc.)

bicker said:

:thumbsup2 Everyone has to have the same tickets when you book the package. Once you get there you can rework the tickets to fit your needs.

Our August 2007 trip will include my aunt and her two daughters. (5 &17)
My son and I will have PAPs. The others will need 7 day passes. Since we're staying in the same room, we all have to purchase the same tickets.

I'm planning to book 7 day passes for everyone. Once we're there, I'll use my two tickets toward the renewal of our PAPs.

There's a thread on the codes board about a new customized package that will marketed toward the new celebration. I hope that packages will allow you to mix and match tickets. :wizard:

Each person on the reservation under the MYW plus dining package must:
- purchase at least a 1-day base pass
- purchase the dining plan for each person for the amount of nights you are on the package

So, while you can change the number of park tickets/options that you want, you can't tweak the dining side of it (that is for packages booked for this year - who knows what will happen with next years packages).

That's what I've heard as well, magsmom... that they don't all have to have the same ticket, but rather they just need to purchase at least a 1-day base pass.

I booked a package with free dining for a party of 7. The CM said I needed a package for each room. I booked one room for 3 with 1 day base tickets because the 3 of us have AP's. I booked the 2nd room for 4 with 6 day expire hoppers. 3 of the 4 really need 8 day tickets but the CM said I would have to upgrade once we got there.

I have always been under the impression that everyone needs the same number of days on the tickets.

lovesdumbo said:
I have always been under the impression that everyone needs the same number of days on the tickets.

I called CRO this morning and was told everyone MUST purchase the same tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter