A question for people living in the OC

DawnM

DIS Veteran
DH is agreeing to a move back to SoCal! WhooHoo.

We will not go for another year, possibly two, so I have some time to plan.

Problem is, we are from Pasadena. We worked in LA and have never lived south of the LA County border.

DH's job will be in Costa Mesa (he has pretty much a standing job anytime he wants it).

So, now I feel like even though we are moving back, we really are going to unfamiliar surroundings.

Suggestions on where to live for a reasonable communte (1 hour each way max) that would have good schools for the kids?

Thanks,

Dawn

Hey I grew up in Pasadena too!

As for your question, I'll ask you another question...what do you want to spend on a house? Its expensive out here and even with home prices dropping...its still a bit much.

Anyway, DH and I looked into moving to OC and these are the places we thought about: Irvine, Huntington Beach, Laguna Hills, Aliso Viejo, Lake Forest, Trabuco Canyon, Brea, Fullerton, Yorba Linda, Orange, and Tustin Ranch. We also have 3 kids but younger than yours.

Huntington Beach
Westminster
Costa Mesa / South Coast Metro
Fountain Valley
Irvine
Laguna Hills
Laguna Niguel
Aliso Viejo
Tustin
Lake Forest
El Toro
Rancho Santa Margarita
Seal Beach
Fullerton
Orange
Brea
Anaheim
Anaheim Hills
Yorba Linda

I grew up in West Garden Grove and would move back in a second if I could afford the home prices. Los Alimitos, Cypress and Fountain Valley are also nice.

Here's a few more if you like master planned communities:

Foothill Ranch
Ladera Ranch
Tustin Ranch

There's also Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, and Balboa...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter