A phone CM just confirmed my fears about September :-/

I'm also going in Sept for my first food and wine and MNSSHP and I'm worried about crowds too. I'm a huge planner so hopefully everything will be okay. I'm used to going in Jan although Feb 2015 we got stuck there because of awful snowstorms here in New England and that was Valentine's Day/Presidents Day/ start of school vacation and it was wall to wall people but we managed!

Could anyone please tell me the predicted crowd levels for November 13-18(touring plans new update)? I am getting so frustrated trying to plan for our family of 14! I need more than a preliminary calendar- please hurry Disney!!! This is probably our last family trip to Disney- VERY expensive! We had the perfect trip in September/October 2013 and hoping for the same this time :) Any veteran dissers with info would be appreciated! We are planning MVMCP November 15th and granddaughters 7th birthday at Minnie's Holiday Dine Friday the 18th our last night! TIA

Orange is the new black season... We always come this time and since F & W it's become much busier but it's still a great time of year. Cooler , MNSSHP , nice decs. There is no low season at WDW! Just enjoy. The trick is to miss the heat I think the crowds are the crowds. Adds to the atmosphere!

We go every September the week of Labor day. During the week we NEVER had to use fast passes due to low crowds. During the weekends the longest waits are 30 min max on headliners. This year crowd levels have Animal Kingdom at a level 9. It's just doesn't add up to me? But were also there for two weeks at the end of June beginning of July. So I know it still will not be as bad.

I've been a hard core WDW fan since my first visit in 1974. Fall has always been my favorite time to go. We home school now, so taking DS is easy. But most parents don't have that option. September is still a great time to visit. We are super excited for this year, FD at CBR! I would not sweat a report like that from a CM. I have had no problems booking ADR's and FP+'s. That's even with the FD and room discounts. The hard part for me is the waiting!

Also, "full" resorts can mean full for that discount/rate availability.

I went in July and had a great time! Crowds were great in the am and evenings. Middle of the day was the most crowded so we took that time to park hop.
I wouldn't worry, just get there early. One thing we did was early before park breakfast adr. :)

You'll have a great time!pixiedust:

For our week, Sept. 1-11, I just looked at availability and EVERY single hotel has open rooms for all 10 nights, except for Yacht Club. I also think Sept. can be split in half with early/late- the crowd levels are much different in each half of Sept. Still, I am not expecting empty parks.

Thank you, everyone, for your words of wisdom. I had assumed that since the resorts are supposedly packed, that the parks would be as well. I am relieved to hear that it is not always the case.

And since I have never been during a busy time, I basically panicked because I am imagining all-out chaos lol.

Now that I have had time to think this over and rationalize it, I think we will be okay no matter what. We just love being there so that will be enough for us :)

I'm a little bummed about the crowd updates for November, but there's nothing I can do about it, so que sera sera. I have always carefully planned, though, to give myself the best chance of mitigating crowds, so I do think that if there is truly no slow season at Disney anymore, I probably won't be back after this trip until/unless I have kids to take. I love it, but I reaaaaaaaaally dislike crowds. I don't even go to our state fair because I don't like the cattle call that the exhibition halls become.

I'm curious, prinesca. We are going Nov 13 thu 22nd, and I have not seen any changes in our dates. Are these changes including our dates? and if so, what are the numbers. We've always loved Nov. for lower crowds, but now I'm wondering???? Thanks so much!

We went last September and didn't think it was bad at all. Have a trip booked again for this year and not worried about it.

So I have been concerned about my upcoming September trip being a madhouse in terms of crowds. I saw how many people were planning trips at the same time, and I saw how unexpectedly low the summer crowds have been, and then the Touring Plans email updated their crowd levels to higher numbers. So I was pretty nervous but figured it probably wouldn't be that bad.

Today I had to call the customer service number to ask a question about my trip. The CM and I got to talking, and I told her how it seems to be a popular month to go. She then said that she has worked for Disney for over 7 years and she "has never seen the September and October reservations be this high." So that set me in to a panic lol. I have never been to Disney World during the busy season, so I am not sure what to expect. I do plan on revamping my touring plan and now intend on hitting rope drop as much as possible.

I am even more nervous now, but I plan on making the most of it. I am glad that I was warned beforehand so that I can rearrange some things!
It still won't be as busy as summer months or Christmas/Thanksgiving etc... You will have minor issues.

September gets busier and busier every year. People just love free dining. I am thinking that the summer being slow might be due to Disney's constant price increases which surely could push people to go during typically less busy times where more discounts are offered. Our first September trip was in 2009 and it was a ghost town, we have been almost every year since in either September or October and notice that its been busier and busier but it is still much better than going during peak season

I just did some research for my Sept trip less than a month ago as I was booking with just about 60/70 days out. I found that there were definitely discounted rooms at numerous resorts on different websites. Moderates seemed very booked, but deluxe and even values had good availability. I got 30% off a deluxe direct with Disney so obviously they are still looking to fill rooms. I also was able to book many meals which is better luck than I have had on past trips (maybe I am scooping up cancellations?). Anyways I wouldn't sweat it. I bet ya the CM feels its busy because they have so many discounts reservations are still coming in.

I made sure I got PH so I can take advantage of going with the opposite flow of MNSSHP (go to MK the morning of and then skip elsewhere at night) and may even do the same on EMH days. Also I noticed for the week of Sept 19th when I will be there EMH is offered at night and in the morning. That always helps with crowds when you are staying on site. Just get together a good touring plan and go with the flow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter