A Mexican Halloween and Beach Adventure (CZ91)

Spackle75

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever done this one? I think it would be a fun thing for my wife and I to do when we cruise next October, but I am worried that maybe it is more aimed at little ones and we might feel out of place...

Thoughts?

Thank you!

I scoured the net for info on this excursion several weeks ago as well as posting requests for info in various forums and the only thing I could find was the 6th post on the following thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...ach-adventure-cozumel-port-adventure.3555664/

There are reviews for just Playa Mia Grand Beach and Water Park, the second half of the excursion, at tripadvisor, expedia. ect.

I and my two granddaughters are doing it Oct 2018 and I plan to do a review on it after our return.

I scoured the net for info on this excursion several weeks ago as well as posting requests for info in various forums and the only thing I could find was the 6th post on the following thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...ach-adventure-cozumel-port-adventure.3555664/

There are reviews for just Playa Mia Grand Beach and Water Park, the second half of the excursion, at tripadvisor, expedia. ect.

I and my two granddaughters are doing it Oct 2018 and I plan to do a review on it after our return.

Thank you! I look forward to your review!

I e-mailed Disney with some questions and here are the replies:

1. The 'Day of the Dead' portion lasts approximately 1 hour.

2. The tour is devoted to chocolate for approximately 20 minutes.

3. The La Calavera Catrina skull mask is wooden and is approximately 3
inches.

4. The food and drink for the Mayan Cacao Company is as follows:
*Chocolate Tasting-Hot Cocoa, Purified Water
*Sweet Bread (Pan de muerto)
*Tamales (traditional dish made of masa -corn based steamed in a banana
leaf)
*Codzitos (Fried tortilla rolls) served with a cooked tomato salsa and
topped with crumbled cheese

5. This is what is included at the Playa Mia Grand Beach and Water Park
portion of the excursion:
The tour includes a 2 hour visit of Playa Mia Grand Beach & Water Park:
Admission, free included attractions: Water Park, Floating Park, Beach,
Pool, Non Motorized water toys, lounge chairs, umbrella. If you choose
to stay longer at the Beach Club, you will incur an extra cost for the
entrance fee.

6. If you choose to stay longer, you will need to provide your own
transportation back to the ship and whatever additional cost it would
incur.

I am a little concerned (and surprised) that the Playa Mia portion does not include food and drinks as it is unlikely my granddaughters will eat what they serve at the Mayan Cacao Company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter