A few reviews from a "amatuer"!

jeni1072

Mouseketeer
This was our first trip on-site AND on the dining plan. We have a 2.5 year old who was not going to be napping the whole trip so we did plan a lot of buffet type meals.

CRT for lunch- DD and I really enjoyed it! I thought the appetizer was really good, the pork tenderloin with mustard grits was yummy, and the blueberry buckle was really good. Our service was so-so, but the princesses were great, ESPECIALLY Belle. She was AWESOME.

Donalds Breakfastosaurus in AK was super!!!! I had read so many bad things about it here, but I have to tell you this was one of our best meals. Pancakes were the best I had all week, DH had several helpings of the hashbrowns, and my youngest really liked the breakfast pizza. The food on the buffet was really good- and our server, Mike, was incredible. He did magic tricks for us, made sure the whole family was in the character pics, etc. He was our best server in 8 days of Disney.

Chef Mickeys for dinner...well...its a toss up. The one big plus was that our ressie was at 5pm, so when we got seated we were almost the only people in there, and had the characters to ourselves for like 15 minutes. The food overall I found to be so-so at best. The beef was really dry, the ravioli tasted like Chef Boyardee, the shrimps were so small I felt bad they had been taken from life so early on, and really nothing there did it for me. The mashed potatoes that everyone raves about - :confused3 Mine are much better. We also found Donald to be very rude!

We were not able to make our dinner at San Angel because I was so sick from Mission Space! Lunch we had from Japan (can't remember the name) and Tangerine Cafe. Japan was ok, DH enjoyed Tangerine Cafe.

Since we lost out on our Epcot TS credit, we decided to hit Sci-Fi for lunch as a fill-in. Big disappointment. The speakers were so loud we could not hear ourselves think. I had a ceasar/chicken salad and thought it was dry and tasteless. The service was horribly slow. I mean bad. We finally had to beg for our dessert to go, because we had been in there an hour and a half!

Ohana's for dinner was good. I found the beef to be a bit dry, but the potatoes were really tasty. We were sat in the room behind the "grill" so we kept hearing the woman talk on the microphone but never saw her. DD would go looking for her while we were eating, and would come back saying she couldn't find her! :lmao: She was disappointed. But what we were most disappointed in was the service. Again, horribly slow. We had to go hunt down our "cousin" for drink refills, and finally the check, again asking for the dessert to go, because we needed to be somewhere, and it had taken forever. Imagine our surprise when we got home a few hours later, to discover he had given us one spoonful of bread pudding, and about 4 scoops if ice cream, so we had a container of mush. :furious:

Crystal Palace for dinner was very enjoyable for us! The food was quite good, and DH said the Boston Cream Pie was the best he'd ever had. They also had a red velvet cheesecake that I thought was heavenly! We had ADR's for 4:55 and didn't realize that their last one was at 5pm (I guess because it was a MNNSHP night?) so it was very laid back in there, not a lot of foot traffic.

Whispering Canyon for breakfast was yummy. The girls had a great time doing the pony races, and thought they hit the jackpot with their wooden nickel prizes! :rotfl: HOWEVER, the first skillet they brought included two pinecone waffles (which you know are like two bites each), two biscuits, etc...for the 4 of us. As soon as he set it down I told him to go ahead and put in another order for us, especially since I don't eat eggs, the waffles would go fast. Well for the next 35 minutes he kept coming back going "its still not here??" until he finally went and stood in the kitchen and waited for them to hand it to him. So good meal, bad kitchen, service was pretty good.

Concourse Steakhouse was really good. The food was excellent, and service was great. We got our food fast, and the server was really nice. We both had the 10oz New York Strip and it was cooked perfectly. The mashed potatoes were really good too. The Creme Brullee and Chocolate Cake- yum.

Before we left Saturday we had breakfast at the Cape May Buffet. WOW! What a great breakfast!!! All the food was awesome! Strawberry Blintzes, grits that were seasoned with something that made them good without having to add the usual stuff, a parfait bar that my kids loved- we just loved it! The server brought us many carafes of oj, milk, whatever we wanted. My girls loved how the table "cloth" was a big piece of paper to draw on, so the whole table was their pallet. The characters were really good too! When we return in the future, we will surely do breakfast here again!

So there is a disney-food-first-timers review. Overall I think I had expected way more than I should have, just by reading so much here about the food. Overall, I thought the food was no better that any place I can go right here, and in most cases the service was worse. There are a few we would return to, but many we would not.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter