A dream is a wish your heart makes - pre trip report

xxpeplyxx

x Disney Mummy x
So here is and introduction to us!

On the left is my mum Chris, in the middle is my partner Kev, and on the right is me
We are all Disney crazy and cannot wait to go again, it is all we currently talk about since booking.

This is our son Toby, sorry I couldn't pick just one, he will be 22 months so nearly 2 when we visit, he has currently just turned 1, he is obsessed with woody, Donald, goofy and the beast from beauty and the beast so I'm hoping he likes them when he actually see'a them in person.

Last Time we went was August 2013, some of you may remember my live trip report, we good news if you do and you enjoyed it, I will make sure I do another live one whilst I am there next time. If anyone doesn't remember last time my partner proposed to me <3 it was the most magical thing that could have happened in the place where dreams come true :-) here is a picture just after the proposal

This time we get to share the Disney magic with our handsome little man which we are all so so excited about, it'll be a whole new experience for us all and too see it through the eyes of our son will be amazing.

So the details:

We are going from the 2nd of May for 2 weeks

We are flying with virgin there and back :-) we love virgin, even I do although I'm a nervous flyer, and I'm not going to lie when I say I'm rather anxious about flying with a nearly 2 year old! But I'm very much a go with the flow kind of person, we all are so I won't let it worry me too much, what will be will be lol.

We will be staying at the Animal kingdom lodge, this is a big deal for us as we have only ever stayed at international drive or in the value resorts, so to stay in one of the deluxe ones is exciting and it's mine and mums dream resort, not to mention Toby lovessss animals.

We booked when we got the free DDP. Memory maker & $200 Disney gift card which is super duper exciting.

So I'm not sure if I forgot any other details my mind has just gone blank (I'm on meds that literally make me forget where my head is a lot of the time so my apologies) if I have forgot any other details I shall add them another time.

So anyway we usually have over a year to plan and save but we book just 2 weeks ago giving us just over 9months, this excites me and scares me all at the same time, we have also offered to pay for my mum as she couldn't afford to come but we just cannot go without her it wouldn't be right, however I know we will manage it with ample amounts of spending money to take as well.

This will be our first time doing just disney (with the exception of a day trip to sea world) as we want it to be as child friendly as possible for Toby, we usually do everything is those 2 weeks, islands of adventure & universal studios, Busch gardens, sea world at least twice, aquatics, wet n wild, all the Disney parks and water parks, downtown Disney on numerous occasions, Disney quest, the premium outlets, international drive, and last time we even did discover cove to, so we are really looking forward to a more relaxed approach this time lol.

We also cannot wait to use the DDP as we have only ever done 1 sit down (table service) meal before and that is chef mickeys breakfast oh and the Chinese in Epcot actually so two.

So the places we have planned to eat so far are:

Tusker house (lunch)

Biergarten (dinner)

BOG (dinner)

Garden grill (dinner/lunch)

And we would quite like to use two credits to go to he California grill for dinner and time it right to watch the fireworks to.

We haven't planned anything else just yet but all that will come in time, we do however know our first day will be spent at magic kingdom

Last edited:
Following along!

I would love to stay at AKL, maybe next time. Looking forward to see what you think of it!

Thank you for following, I hobestly believe it'll be out first and only time in a deluxe resort because the deal was so good, it's literally a dream come true, im sure we will love it!

Following, 1 because I love your Mary poppins family pic- she is my 3rd fave! and 2 because we are going in may too :) and everyone who isn't a disnerd is thinking I am crazy for planning! so you can be my planning buddy

So it's been a while since I last posted, August was a busy month enjoying the long days with my family so didn't really post much and September has been a wipe out due to me being in hospital, I came out monday, but only because they needed my bed and my neurologist was off, was told to go through a&e on the 28th to be re-admitted, shocking right! Anyhow I don't think I can bare the thought of going back in, I have morphine along with a lot of other drugs at home so I'll see how far it takes me :crazy2:

I figured I'd come on here as its bound to cheer me up, and we have decided on all the places we are going to eat and written up a very rough plan, however it is likely to change once we know the park hours and EMH for may I'll post in a moment of the places we plan to eat, note me and Kev want to eat at boma's but literally don't think my mum will eat a single thing there so unfortunately we won't be eating at our resort because the restaurants there really don't cater to my mums fussiness lol so we will just have to try bomas or the other restaurants on the AKL another time.

When I post the list of the places we have chosen to use our table service creidts for please feel free to tell me what they are like if you have been any info will be much appreciated, because this way we will know if we have picked well haha! It's our first time using the dining plan and the only restaurants we have been to at disney other than quick service is rainforest cafe, t-rex (Kev hasn't done T. rex but me and mum have) and chef mickeys so it is all very new for us!

Right I'll go get my disney planning book and get back to you with my list :yay:

make sure you get a curry at AK lodge :)

Do they sell curry in the food court like the quick service area? Or just their restaurants? I love curry, me and Kev are kind of gutted about not eating at one of the onsite restaurants im half temped to book a meal there and pay for it for me and Kev one afternoon and mum can take toby off to wherever and they go swimming or something

Following, 1 because I love your Mary poppins family pic- she is my 3rd fave! and 2 because we are going in may too :) and everyone who isn't a disnerd is thinking I am crazy for planning! so you can be my planning buddy

Totally we can get excited about it together! Im literally always talking about it, well me, my mum and Kev are! Me and Kev often sit and watch YouTube videos together of people's disney world holidays :hyper2::D

Are you going to be doing a trip report? I don't know if I mentioned above but I will do a live trip report just as I did last time, I literally had so much fun doing a trip report and it meant I had kept a diary of it to im into scrapbook now so may even do a scrapbook of my last disney world holiday with my live trip report written in it :P

What dates in may do you go? Where are you staying? Who's going? How long are you going for, tell me everything :chat:

Now here's my list of where we sall be dining

Breakfast at tusker house -Animal kingdom

Dinner at Be our guest - Magic kingdom

Dinner at Mickeys backyard BBQ - fort wilderness resort

Lunch at garden grill - epcot

Breakfast at Ohana - Polynesian resort

Dinner at 50's prime time - hollywood studios

Breakfast at crystal palace - magic kingdom

Lunch at t-rex - downtown disney

Dinner at BIergarten - epcot - Germany

Lunch at rainforest Cafe - downtown disney

Dinner at California grill - contemporary resort

Lunch at coral reef - Epcot

Lunch at crystal palace - magic kingdom

Obviously I need to write a list of back up locations just incase some of the above I can't get an ADR for

Rainforest cafe we plan to pay for but is give or take but we have always had a good meal there and always enjoyed so put it on there but we may decided to pay to eat else where

It's been a long time since I updated but we were finally able to book out ADR's, and much to my surprise I got every single reservation I wanted at the times we wanted to :cloud9: so so happy, we have amended out original plans slightly I will post below our final ADR's, now we just have to get the remainder of money together to pay for the holiday then start saving our spending money, cannot believe how quickly this holiday is coming round, before we know it we will be going home to our happy place :love:

Wow, that's really good that you got all your adr's that you wanted. This is something I'm Worried about :guilty:.

Did you get up at silly o clock to get them?

We booked ours 18 months out and now we are just under a year away...it's going soo fast.

Hello! Glad to see so much excitement!

We've booked for Sept-Oct 2016 after just coming back in Oct 2015. Before that it was 2005 when I last went; not having that gap ever again!

Can't wait already!

Wow, that's really good that you got all your adr's that you wanted. This is something I'm Worried about :guilty:.

We booked ours 18 months out and now we are just under a year away...it's going soo fast.

Nope booked then gradually when I had 10 mins spare, couldn't believe my luck!

Nope just booked them gradually over the course of a week, whenever I had free time around work, honestly couldn't beleive my luck and I had a choice of pretty much any time slot over for each reservation to ☺️

Ok so here is for my ADR's

Day 1 - we have tusker house for breakfast booked for 8:15am

Day 2 - Be our guest for dinner at 16:15pm

Day 3 - mickeys backyard BBQ 5:30pm

Day 4 - garden grill for lunch at 2pm

Day 5 - crystal palace for breakfast at 8am

We also had r-rex planned for day 5 for dinner but we are going to cancel that, and just turn up go into the shop and see how my son takes it as someone above mentioned about it being very loud and busy in there and I remember it being really loud and busy to do it makes sense to play that one by ear

Day 6 - we are off site for the day

Day 7 - again due to recommendations above we went for dinner at raglan road 17:30pm ☺️

Day 8 - we are off site

Day 9 - Ohana for breakfast at 9:20am

Then dinner at 50's prime time at 16:45pm

Day 10 - Biergarten at 16:30pm

Day 11 - California grill at 17:30pm

Day 12 - spirit of aloha at 17:30pm (my partner is unaware you can eat there, he thinks you have to stay at Polynesian to eat there, he is pretty clued up on disney so I was shocked he didn't know this and he desperately wants to eat there, so I sneakily booked it )

Day 13 - coral reef for dinner at 17:30pm I have heard mixed reviews about it but we really are easily pleased and my son is obsessed with aquariums so he will just love it ☺️ And ive seen pictures of some of the food and to me it looks way yummy.

As ive said before we have never been lucky enough to have the dining plan before so haven't had the money for the table service meals so have pretty much stuck to counter service which we have always been fine with and always enjoyed to, me and mum have only ate at chef mickeys and my partner has eaten at Ohana
Oh and we have all done the nine dragons chinese in epcot, Is that the name of it? So this will be lots of fun to use the dining plan for all of ur first time, the fact we got all of our reservations was just amazing and its made us a million more times excited now!

We are now eager but nervous about booking our fast passes! Mainly because ive never done this before either, im not nervous about not getting fasts passes we want because we have our son with us and this trip is all about him so we will just go with his flow, im more worried about how confusing in night get booking all these fast passes around our dining, in the past we haven't planned a single second of our holiday, we would just wake up in the morning and decide where we felt like going so this is very different for us, and all the planning has been left to me!

So any advice when booking fast passes I will be truly appriciative of, like what to book and when to book, what not to waste our fast passes on etc as I have no clue

Ok so here is for my ADR's

Day 1 - we have tusker house for breakfast booked for 8:15am

Day 2 - Be our guest for dinner at 16:15pm

Day 3 - mickeys backyard BBQ 5:30pm

Day 4 - garden grill for lunch at 2pm

Day 5 - crystal palace for breakfast at 8am

We also had r-rex planned for day 5 for dinner but we are going to cancel that, and just turn up go into the shop and see how my son takes it as someone above mentioned about it being very loud and busy in there and I remember it being really loud and busy to do it makes sense to play that one by ear

Day 6 - we are off site for the day

Day 7 - again due to recommendations above we went for dinner at raglan road 17:30pm ☺️

Day 8 - we are off site

Day 9 - Ohana for breakfast at 9:20am

Then dinner at 50's prime time at 16:45pm

Day 10 - Biergarten at 16:30pm

Day 11 - California grill at 17:30pm

Day 12 - spirit of aloha at 17:30pm (my partner is unaware you can eat there, he thinks you have to stay at Polynesian to eat there, he is pretty clued up on disney so I was shocked he didn't know this and he desperately wants to eat there, so I sneakily booked it )

Day 13 - coral reef for dinner at 17:30pm I have heard mixed reviews about it but we really are easily pleased and my son is obsessed with aquariums so he will just love it ☺️ And ive seen pictures of some of the food and to me it looks way yummy.

As ive said before we have never been lucky enough to have the dining plan before so haven't had the money for the table service meals so have pretty much stuck to counter service which we have always been fine with and always enjoyed to, me and mum have only ate at chef mickeys and my partner has eaten at Ohana
Oh and we have all done the nine dragons chinese in epcot, Is that the name of it? So this will be lots of fun to use the dining plan for all of ur first time, the fact we got all of our reservations was just amazing and its made us a million more times excited now!

We are now eager but nervous about booking our fast passes! Mainly because ive never done this before either, im not nervous about not getting fasts passes we want because we have our son with us and this trip is all about him so we will just go with his flow, im more worried about how confusing in night get booking all these fast passes around our dining, in the past we haven't planned a single second of our holiday, we would just wake up in the morning and decide where we felt like going so this is very different for us, and all the planning has been left to me!

So any advice when booking fast passes I will be truly appriciative of, like what to book and when to book, what not to waste our fast passes on etc as I have no clue

we are nearly into double digits, excited doesn't even sum up how I feel, we are heading to our local town at the weekend to get our sons passport sorted, then we are going to take him swimming to see how he does, he usually loves the water but we want to get him back into swimming so that he will enjoy the pool and water parks at Disneyworld eeeekl I cant wait...... one step closer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter