A Dining Plan Question

Shortcake27

Earning My Ears
First I want to say thank you for all the helpful information I have gotten while reading this forum, for our trip last year and our upcoming September trip. We were very happy with our choices and don't think we would have been if it weren't for you wonderful people.

Now for my question.....Dh, myself, dd (2), ds (9months), my mom and stepdad are going to WDW September 3-13 with the free dining. My sister is joining us for part of the time and I already added her to the reservation for all 10 days with our tickets. Can she use her extra meals for the days she won't be there to dine with someone else? Example: She and I go to dinner but the credits just come off her plan. Or does she just lose the extra credits because she isn't going to be there the full 10 days, only 6 or 7 of them? Just wondering so I can make appropriate ADR's if needed.

My understanding is that if you book 10 nights then you receive 10 credits each for TS, CS, and snack, and they can be used in any form. You can use them in any way. I have heard some people say they have saved their snack credits for the last day, and used them to buy snacks for the trip home. The only problem I see, is that I was told all members of your party had to be present at check in when using the Dining plan. You might want to call to verify all this.

You surely don't have to use your credits on specific days.

We will all be arriving together. Our flight meets up in Dallas so that is not a problem. Can she use her TS credits on someone else though or can she only use them for herself?

Your credits are grouped together and come off a single account. It's not divided up as your sister's credits or your credits. Anyone in your party can use any amount or credits at any time. That being said, we took my DH's brother and his wife to dinner at Epcot and used two of our TS credits on them (they live in Florida so they came to Epcot with us for one day so we could spend some time together) with no problem. The server didn't even blink an eye when we asked if we could do that..it was no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter