93 year old Grandmother cruising - tips on things to do?

Tink113

DIS Veteran
My 93 year old grandmother has decided to cruise with us. Tips on activities she might be interested in??

She will probably limit her time out in the hot sun so mostly indoor things.

She should do absolutely ANYthing she feels she'd like to try on the trip!!! That's awesome. Hope you all have a great time!

My grandmother is in her 80s (and that decade can make a difference), I think she really just eats/drinks and lounges in a pool when she's on a cruise.

Although she did a port intensive mediterranean cruise earlier this month.

Shows, movies...if her hearing is good.

Bingo! Beverage tasting??

Spa

Shopping

Trivia...again hearing.

My MIL is 95 and would not be able to cruise anymore.

I hope she has a wonderful time.

To help advise you properly I would need to know how many isles is she able to go through in a grocery store? Is she able to make the whole thing or does she do one aisle and get a little tired? My parents are both 80 but my father walks very slowly and a tour would be difficult if they want us to keep up so I’d have to have him bring a wheelchair he can do stairs. My mother can keep up with anyone, but she has no stamina and can only do down one aisle and back before she starts telling us that she’s tired and needs to sit down. So I also use an electric wheelchair for her. Dad is got enough going on upstairs that he could use a scooter without running into anything. My mom is challenged directionally and couldn’t back up a scooter for an elevator.
My dad is terrible Stairs. My mom is fine.
Does she ever use a wheelchair? What types of events has she gone while using the wheelchair? I have about 20 years experience using wheelchairs and scooters with Disney. I definitely can help you out. I just need a little more information if you’d like we could talk on the phone also.

Watching children take photos with various characters. Enjoying the Sea views and breeze in the shade. Can she get in and off a low lounge/ deck chair? In the evening, listen to the piano player in one of the lounges. Walk.

There are lots of activities fortunately. It may be limited by what she's actually interested in, of course. There are the evening Broadway style shows. The different lounges host various performers as well. There will be things like cooking demos, beverage tastings (extra $), craft classes, trivia, BINGO, game shows, learn to draw classes. The spa and salon offer various services for an additional fee - maybe she would enjoy a little pampering. If she has a balcony room, you can't disregard the magic of ordering some snacks from room service and enjoying the views from the balcony with a good book/knitting/just sitting and enjoying. She can also enjoy a sit-down breakfast and lunch in one of the main dining rooms (varies by ship which one is open) if she'd rather do that than fight the masses at the buffet.

Every cruise is different, but there will be an array of activities offered daily and listed in the Navigator, which you can access once on board either through the app or I believe you can still request a paper copy.

What does she do at home? It doesn’t take much to keep me happy at home or ship (as I sit here and read Disboards). I lived to watch Jeopardy! for years and love trivia. Basically, it’s just chill either place. I do port excursions, but that’s a whole different ballgame.

I imagine being with the family will be the biggest fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter