90th Popcorn Buckets (including AP bucket)

Just saw that too!

I'm glad to see they're back. I'm actually fairly shocked they did. I wonder if all the rain disrupting the majority of the popcorn carts for so many days also had anything to do with the decision...

Although they had to of started the bucket fix awhile ago. Maybe they were waiting for confirmation they would be fixed to satisfaction before extending the offer? Whatever it is, this is a nice goodwill gesture to APs bringing them back.

Now if they could just limit the purchase number by AP and not by transaction :cool1:

Just saw that too!

I'm glad to see they're back. I'm actually fairly shocked they did. I wonder if all the rain disrupting the majority of the popcorn carts for so many days also had anything to do with the decision...

Although they had to of started the bucket fix awhile ago. Maybe they were waiting for confirmation they would be fixed to satisfaction before extending the offer? Whatever it is, this is a nice goodwill gesture to APs bringing them back.

Now if they could just limit the purchase number by AP and not by transaction :cool1:
Same!! I’ve mentioned this before, but if they can scan our passes for free buttons in the AP corner, they can scan them for AP specific items. Also, I really wish they would start doing these releases on weekends to give those who can’t go during the weekdays a chance. I will Try and go both 3/15 and 3/16 to get one if they aren’t sold out by then. Not getting my hopes up.

Same!! I’ve mentioned this before, but if they can scan our passes for free buttons in the AP corner, they can scan them for AP specific items. Also, I really wish they would start doing these releases on weekends to give those who can’t go during the weekdays a chance. I will Try and go both 3/15 and 3/16 to get one if they aren’t sold out by then. Not getting my hopes up.

I kinda get the weekday release. If it were a weekend, I'm sure someone would still complain either from being blocked or that they work weekends. Unfortunately can't please everyone.

BUT! I would say that a staggered release over the course of the week and into the weekend would maybe satisfy this issue in a way that compromises for everyone?

I really want one of the Steamboat Willie buckets, but unfortunately my next trip isn't until October. :(

I kinda get the weekday release. If it were a weekend, I'm sure someone would still complain either from being blocked or that they work weekends. Unfortunately can't please everyone.

BUT! I would say that a staggered release over the course of the week and into the weekend would maybe satisfy this issue in a way that compromises for everyone?
Oh true. And yes staggered releases would be nice. Instead of putting everything out in the first day, then by weekend it’s gone.

Uh, I take it back. You can't use the first edition of these buckets for the $1 refill. But if it's "now extended", but the fixed buckets don't release until the 12th, but the refill deal originally ended yesterday...

Disney! What are you doing!? This should get interesting :rotfl2:

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1552077072742.jpg
    FB_IMG_1552077072742.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 14
Still trying to figure out the difference in the two and how they’ll stop ppl with the old one.

Last edited:

False alarm. Disney backtracked. Claiming that they had old information. First release buckets are still good for the $1 refills.

I'm guessing someone realized "oh no, we said we extended this offer, but the fixed buckets won't release until next week... Plus we did nothing to distinguish the buckets!"

False alarm. Disney backtracked. Claiming that they had old information. First release buckets are still good for the $1 refills.

I'm guessing someone realized "oh no, we said we extended this offer, but the fixed buckets won't release until next week... Plus we did nothing to distinguish the buckets!"
This is great news. I bought one when they were released because it just happened to be when I was down there. Not a collector but wanted the refills. Then it rained all the days I was there and none of the popcorn stands were closed.

Will be glad to get some $1 refill on our last trip on a few weeks.

I think the solution is for Disney to flood the market so the resale value of the buckets becomes virtually zero. The minute someone shows up on EBay selling the buckets above cost Disney could list 200 buckets for sale at the original cost with free shipping. The resellers would be wiped out.

I think the solution is for Disney to flood the market so the resale value of the buckets becomes virtually zero. The minute someone shows up on EBay selling the buckets above cost Disney could list 200 buckets for sale at the original cost with free shipping. The resellers would be wiped out.

From a consumer perspective it makes sense and I've seen it suggested several times, but it does not really work from a business perspective. Disney doesn't want to risk having extra sitting around. They buy only what they're sure they will sell (and this number is definitely far lower than the actual number of passholders). Flooding will just leave Disney with a lot of unsold product.

Besides, even the open edition of some items doesn't stop resellers. All that happens is, hopefully, one isn't between restocks when they go looking for that item. Thankfully Disney has been going after those individuals, though, and revoking their passes when they catch them reselling.

From a consumer perspective it makes sense and I've seen it suggested several times, but it does not really work from a business perspective. Disney doesn't want to risk having extra sitting around. They buy only what they're sure they will sell (and this number is definitely far lower than the actual number of passholders). Flooding will just leave Disney with a lot of unsold product.

Besides, even the open edition of some items doesn't stop resellers. All that happens is, hopefully, one isn't between restocks when they go looking for that item. Thankfully Disney has been going after those individuals, though, and revoking their passes when they catch them reselling.

Disney unit cost on these things is about 5 cents. They aren't going to take a bath by having unsold stock. The goal needs to be to destroy the resellers. Bankrupt them and revoke all of their annual passes. They should also sue them in court for breaking their contract with Disney.

Disney unit cost on these things is about 5 cents. They aren't going to take a bath by having unsold stock. The goal needs to be to destroy the resellers. Bankrupt them and revoke all of their annual passes. They should also sue them in court for breaking their contract with Disney.
Seems a little harsh. Disney creates resellers by issuing “limited” stock.

If Disney doesn’t want this situation then just mass produce the buckets and sell them to any AP holder and day and rotate type every 6 weeks or so. Disney wants people to go crazy over them and come to the park on days they historically wouldn’t.

Seems a little harsh. Disney creates resellers by issuing “limited” stock.

If Disney doesn’t want this situation then just mass produce the buckets and sell them to any AP holder and day and rotate type every 6 weeks or so. Disney wants people to go crazy over them and come to the park on days they historically wouldn’t.

Agreed. But the reaction of some of the posters here is over the top. I really don't see the big deal if someone wants to risk buying hundreds of buckets. If they want to risk losing money them let them.

I would love to see the report where you pulled that number from :). And if they have that much wasted plastic? Bad PR considering they're trying to prove they're "going green".

Disney isn't going to waste money taking people to court. Again: bad business decision. Revoking the pass is good enough. They still get the full price of the pass regardless of how much it was used and don't have to host the violator for however long they've been banned.

Limited merch is, in part, intended to drive up attendance. Gotta go and get that thing! And what Disney hopes is you'll buy other things while there. Limited merch isn't going away. Flooding the market with it is just a poor business decision and environmentally irresponsible.

Believe me. If flooding the market would work, I'd be all for it. But considering it doesn't work even with open edition things that eventually end up at the outlets? I just don't see it actually working like you think it will. The buttons for APs being limited by AP is a proven system for maintaining stock for an extended time.

Trying to keep track of all these buckets is so confusing! So, the Steamboat Willie buckets 2.0 will release on the 12th. The Minnie buckets are sold out, yes? Did the Mickey buckets ever arrive?

Trying to keep track of all these buckets is so confusing! So, the Steamboat Willie buckets 2.0 will release on the 12th. The Minnie buckets are sold out, yes? Did the Mickey buckets ever arrive?
I don't think the regular Mickey buckets are here. On other sites, people were wondering if they would be released during 90's night but they weren't.

I am so excited about this! I'm not super into merch *or* popcorn, but I fell in love with that bucket and decided I had to have it. And then that whole debacle happened. I actually mentioned it in an online survey I took. I'm so glad I can get one now. Well, I'm pretty confident I'll be able to get one.

It makes sense: they had a lot of steamboat buckets, the paint came off and looked like trash and guests were going to be upset to keep buying damaged product, they stopped selling buckets, they hand repainted them to not lose out of revenue on all these buckets that were already made, now these new buckets will be sold to move the stock and the refill dates have been extended for everyone because it would have been a guest relations nightmare otherwise. Also tons of girls are buying this for a purse that will never have popcorn touch it and Disney knows that, can't have purses that can only be used once or twice before paint rubs off and they need to be tossed. Sounds like everyone wins from Disney's mistake of not better testing the matte paint job before putting them into production.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter