75 Point Direct Contract or 3 / 25 Direct Contracts

Whositsgalore

Nap Aficionado
Do you have to purchase a 75 point straight up contract through Disney or can you buy 3, 25 point contracts at different times and still get benefits? No, we don’t just want to buy direct for benefits but a small contract at BLT is brutal to come by and we are weighing our options for Direct vs Resale in that department only. The perks or just that perks that we know could be taken away but for now they are available so they hold a small amount of weight.

I am pretty sure you only need to hold 75 total. 2 things to consider, though. They could raise the tresh hold for benefits to something like 150 points as you are adding on, and you are tripling your closing costs by buying multiple contracts like that.

Minimum add on is still 25 per the website so if they had what you wanted/UY each time I think you could piece together 75 or 100 or whatever you wanted. Your closing costs on the 25 is about $120 as far as I know.

The cost to break up a direct 75 point contract into three 25 point contracts are only marginally more than buying the 75 point contract from the onset. This practice is recommended by guides regularly to offer flexibility should there be any consideration around estate planning and multiple kids.

There is some varying interpretations of language on the new requirements for membership benefits (one contract vs an accumulation of points), but as you have no concern around benefits, this would be inconsequential.

Do you have to purchase a 75 point straight up contract through Disney or can you buy 3, 25 point contracts at different times and still get benefits? No, we don’t just want to buy direct for benefits but a small contract at BLT is brutal to come by and we are weighing our options for Direct vs Resale in that department only. The perks or just that perks that we know could be taken away but for now they are available so they hold a small amount of weight.
Historically they've been willing to break it up as long as the points were available. Personally I wouldn't at 75 points, the $250 extra (2 additional closings) is an unnecessary expensive IMO. It really won't give you much for benefit. IMO buying as an exit strategy doesn't make sense if it costs more, even at $250, esp for BLT. Personally I'd look more at resale and open up to a larger contract.

I highly recommend a call to DVD and to ask them about the closings. I have heard the the closings can be treated as one if same resort and UY with only minimal additional cost. Obviously, others have heard this and the opposite as well. Hearing something versus reality are two very different things. Give them a call and ask.

I highly recommend a call to DVD and to ask them about the closings. I have heard the the closings can be treated as one if same resort and UY with only minimal additional cost. Obviously, others have heard this and the opposite as well. Hearing something versus reality are two very different things. Give them a call and ask.

Isn't OP talking about buying at different times though?

Isn't OP talking about buying at different times though?
They'd have to be a member otherwise to buy 25 at a pop but if so, they should get benefits if they get to 25 direct. I doubt DVC will continue to allow 25 points in general for very long.

They'd have to be a member otherwise to buy 25 at a pop but if so, they should get benefits if they get to 25 direct. I doubt DVC will continue to allow 25 points in general for very long.
You need 75 points direct if you're new or resale in order to get member benefits. New purchasers can possibly get 50 on a non-marketed resort (I did with Poly), but I haven't heard of anyone with 25 allowed for an initial purchase.

At the end of February they changed it so you have to buy and maintain 75 points to qualify for membership extras.

People who had bought 25 points prior to then were grandfathered in.

Things seem to indicate that the 75 points can be accumulated in different purchases but I don't know that it's been 100% verified.

At the end of February they changed it so you have to buy and maintain 75 points to qualify for membership extras.

People who had bought 25 points prior to then were grandfathered in.

Things seem to indicate that the 75 points can be accumulated in different purchases but I don't know that it's been 100% verified.
Correct, it appears as long as one has 75 qualified points total they should get the perks. Probably not a good way to do so but it appears possible as long as they allow 25 pts at a pop. Still, to do this, one would have to already be a member.

I did the tour Monday. I would be new member. Guide said to split contract 3 ways each contract would have to be 75 points. So if I wanted to split my minimum buy in would be 225. No idea if that’s true or not. Because of course then he started pushing I should just get 300 points. So could be 3 100 point contracts.

I think there are kind of 2 different things being discussed here.

From what I understand, you have to have a master contract to start out. So, as a new member you have to purchase the minimum buy-in relevant to whatever resort you are purchasing in 1 undivided amount. (So "no" to the 3 25's as a new member).

Link to minimums (that may or may not be enforced) here....

https://dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program/financial/pricing-a-promotions

The only way I know of to start with a 25 point master contract is to buy it resale.

What some people I think are discussing is if you ADD-ON 3 25's direct, does it get you full benefits and it seems most of us believe the answer to that is "yes".

I did the tour Monday. I would be new member. Guide said to split contract 3 ways each contract would have to be 75 points. So if I wanted to split my minimum buy in would be 225. No idea if that’s true or not. Because of course then he started pushing I should just get 300 points. So could be 3 100 point contracts.

For you, I assume they were selling you CCV, which has a 75 or 100 (depending on who you talk to) minimum for new members. So to buy all at once they won't let you divide the initital 75 but you could buy the 75 or 100 initially and add on 50 at a time. Now, maybe if you were saying you wanted all 3 contracts to be completely equal, they were saying that buying 3 75's was the only way. - which would be true.

So, the only way I can see one could ONLY hold 3 - 25 direct contracts is if you already had a "master contract" (either direct or resale), added on 3 25s direct and then sold your master.

From what I understand, you have to have a master contract to start out. So, as a new member you have to purchase the minimum buy-in relevant to whatever resort you are purchasing in 1 undivided amount. (So "no" to the 3 25's as a new member).

The only way I know of to start with a 25 point master contract is to buy it resale.

What some people I think are discussing is if you ADD-ON 3 25's direct, does it get you full benefits and it seems most of us believe the answer to that is "yes".

For you, I assume they were selling you CCV, which has a 75 or 100 (depending on who you talk to) minimum for new members. So to buy all at once they won't let you divide the initital 75 but you could buy the 75 or 100 initially and add on 50 at a time. Now, maybe if you were saying you wanted all 3 contracts to be completely equal, they were saying that buying 3 75's was the only way. - which would be true.

So, the only way I can see one could ONLY hold 3 - 25 direct contracts is if you already had a "master contract" (either direct or resale), added on 3 25s direct and then sold your master.

Yep - there is a difference when discussing current members adding on and new members just buying in. One more thing though - they had a higher minimum add on for CCV for existing members too. I know it was 50 points minimum to add on there at the start but am not certain if it was raised or is still 50 points. Other locations were still 25 minimum though afaik.

There are two different things I'm reading (being discussed). I probably should have said in the OP that it would be a current member add on.

There are two different things I'm reading (being discussed). I probably should have said in the OP that it would be a current member add on.

For what it's worth, Member Admin told me that even as an existing member I'd have to buy 75 points direct in the same contract (not UY) to qualify for perks. This was shortly after the 75 point rule went into effect though so you might want to call them to see if their position has changed.

For what it's worth, Member Admin told me that even as an existing member I'd have to buy 75 points direct in the same contract (not UY) to qualify for perks. This was shortly after the 75 point rule went into effect though so you might want to call them to see if their position has changed.
I'd encourage everyone to verify that with the sales guide before completing a direct purchase to get benefits.

Last edited:
25 points aren't going to get you much each year. Unless you plan on using banking and borrowing to make them each 75 a year. Even that isn't much unless you plan on studios are the very low point times (like OKW 10 points for studio in Dec).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter