7/31/04 Rollcall

From what I can gather the wine pack covers you for one bottle each night. You don't have to finish the bottle each night (not that that's a problem) and you can take the bottle back to your room. I read someplace, but can't remember the answer whether or not the value goes against your customs allowance.
There are 2 seperate packages.
The regular package is ~$160? for one bottle each evening and the premium package is ~$270.
I'm not sure of the difference between what they call the regular and premium.
I'm debating just bringing my onboard.

I found most of this info as I was surfing. You might find it in some of the recent navigators that are posted at various websites.
Hope this helps.

Scott-
If you haven't been there yet go to **********************.<---this info does not show. see next post
There is a place to view recent Navigators. The most current is from June 19. On the last page of day 1 is a small add with current wine package pricing.

The navigators are also a fun way to prepare yourself for a week of shipboard life.

ok we'll try this way. you'll have to add your own dotcom to the end of this address. try castawayclub-dotcom.

anyone else doing the jeep tour in Cozumel?

Scott - from what I can tell, the packages are each for 7 bottles of wine - (the regular package or the premium package) - so whether that is sufficient for all your wine needs is up to you (and I think it is only good at dinner - I doubt you can just get a bottle of wine anytime? but that I don't know - I am assuming it would be in essence a "bottle per night" for dinner.)

someone on this board has done an extensive spread sheet about comparing the costs of bringing on your own botttles of wine of the same type and paying the corkage fee - but coming from overseas you'd probably not want to carry that much wine with you.

We will probably do a package - and probably get two bottles the first night - a red and a white - then the waiter is supposed to put them away with your name on it so you can have them the next night - that way I can order beef and my wife order chicken or whatever - and we're covered (plus I generally like red better than whites and she vice versa) - then the next night the waiter can bring them out of storage. So we'd not be buying wine the second night but drinking the leftovers as it were. Or we would take them back to the room for cocktail hour the next day. or for a night cap - there is no rule about wandering the ship, wine glass in hand.

We will probably bring a couple of "really" good bottles and pay the corkage fee as well. (The dining rooms won't "store" wine you bring yourselves - but I'm assuming it will fit in the room "cooler") I've been trying to find an updaed list of the wines in the packages but the latest I could find was november of 2003 (look in the castaway cay website - which also has recent navigators from June 2004 - inlcuding the kids navigators). The premium package had some good wines in it - and generally speaking about the same [100%] markup from liquor store retail as in most restaurants in the Midwest (perhaps a little higher than I would expect but my liquor store has very good prices on wine)

I think the packages are a pretty good deals so long as you'd have wine every night which we will [one thing I don't know is whether or not those wines are available in Palo - as I'd also read that Palo had an Italian wine list - but my guess is that if you've bought a package they can get you a bottle off that package if you are dining in Palo].

Apparently people offer to sell you the package as you get on the ship, so I figure I can see then what the list is like - and if I like it buy it at dinner (I've also read that the person who sells it gets a "commission" so it might be a spot of goodwill with the dining room server to buy from him/her the first night) if I decide not to get it - I can always hunt down a liquor store in key west the next day and buy some wine, etc. to bring on. -which might be a good option for you given the length of your trip to get to Orlando - I doubt the prices in Key West are bargains but I am sure there is a good wine store or two within walking distance of the ship.

5by5 - how many are in your party? We have 5 so we need to go to 2 jeeps and I was hoping to find another family to complete the group or something.

Also, - wine package, last summer we were able to get one of our bottles in Palo.

jlawell, we're on the Dune Buggy Tour, not the Jeep Tour. The Dune Buggy Tour is a non-Disney excursion. I'm sure we'll all be heading off around the same time though!

5by5

:cheer2: flight tickets, and carhire tickets arrived today, airport hotel confirmation in Londona also arrived. Getting excited now.

We are using Dollar this year for our car hire.

See You All Soon

We just signed up for the jet ski tour in Key West! Anyone else doing this excursion???

Hi Guys,

Need a little pixie dust to go my mothers way today. She only has a few more days to live. She has been ill for a long time and her heart is giving out. She quit kidney dialysis this week and the Drs. tell us now it is just a matter of days. She needs all of our prayers to help her get through this last part as comfortably as possible.

Thanks.

Patti

Patti,

I'm very sorry to hear about your mother. My mother passed away under similar circumstances 7 years ago. I know how difficult this time can be but it does get better.

You and your family will be in our prayers.

5by5

Our family's prayers will be with you and your mother. My wife's mom died on June 20 - so she is having a hard summer, too. Nothing will erase completely the sadness but it will be lessened over time.

Our prayers are with you during this difficult time!

Just wanted to remind everyone that THE NEXT TIME THE MAGIC SAILS TO THE WESTERN CARIBBEAN, WE WILL BE ON IT!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :jester: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter