6057 pictures, 11 videos, and more - with videos and more DONE

Great photos of Fantasmic! It's been a couple years since I've seen it now but I do enjoy it. I've never really gotten up close we always seem to sit in the back.

Great photos of Fantasmic! It's been a couple years since I've seen it now but I do enjoy it. I've never really gotten up close we always seem to sit in the back.

Thanks. I think I was about 5 rows from the front. On a really hot night, if you aren't worried about a camera, you can sit even closer and you might get some water relief. LOL

The Dinner show at Fort Wilderness looks really fun, we have been thinking about doing it on our August trip, do you think a 16 y.o. Girl will like it? She does love Broadway and musicals. Your Fantasmic pictures are great, I see many of them on here and yours are so clear and really enjoyable. We haven't done Fantasmic since 2011, we got to put on the priority list for sure.

After Fantasmic, I was off to do a ride. I was a little tired, so I didn't feel like walking too far.

from raw-7655 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I don't know why, but I didn't do Tower of Terror! Only 13 minute wait time! Weird.

from raw-7656 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7658 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Maybe I thought single rider would be faster, and I'd either just leave, or do ToT next. Who knows?

from raw-7659 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7660 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7661 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7662 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7664 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I kept my camera out for the first time in the last room before riding. I usually put it away so that it's ready for the ride.

from raw-7665 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7666 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7668 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Once out of the super stretch, I decided to browse the shops.

from raw-7672 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7673 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7677 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7681 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I can't remember what this looked like before, but I knew it looked new. To be honest, I was a little disappointed when I saw that it was just a Starbucks.

from raw-7682 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7685 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I took the bus to AoA because it was either just there, or got there first. I enjoy the walk through AoA to Pop, so that never bothers me. And since I try to get a lakeview room, it's always an easy walk.

from raw-7688 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7689 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7690 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7694 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7695 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7697 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Look at how calm that lake is!

from raw-7698 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Such a peaceful walk, and then I saw this! It was huge! I saw more than one, including one on our stairwell. Ew. I know it's a palmetto bug, isn't it? Or a cockroach. We don't have those here. We do have June bugs and earwigs though. Icky. (hahaha, I just remembered I gave this picture to Blanche in her pictures, she's going to scream when she gets to it!!!)

from raw-7699 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7700 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7702 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7704 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

The Dinner show at Fort Wilderness looks really fun, we have been thinking about doing it on our August trip, do you think a 16 y.o. Girl will like it? She does love Broadway and musicals. Your Fantasmic pictures are great, I see many of them on here and yours are so clear and really enjoyable. We haven't done Fantasmic since 2011, we got to put on the priority list for sure.

I know that there were a lot of kids at our show, and all of them seemed to be laughing. It is quite corny though, so it depends on what your daughter likes. I have two nieces around that age, and to be completely honest, I think they'd both like it, but would pretend they didn't!

Oh yes, you're due back to see Fantasmic again! :) Thanks for the kind words. :)

RnRc is always fun. They only do 13 minutes for ToT which basically means it's a walk on. Great photos all around.

Before that was a Starbucks it was just a quick service location I believe.

Her friend shared a picture on FB the other day of the two of them with Minnie.
Scan0005.jpg
In my handful of photos from the Magic Kingdom back in 1979--I have no idea who these two young ladies and little boy are--Did I want a picture of Mickey & Minnie(and didn't care who was in it)?--LOL

You have inspired me to buy one of these https://photographylife.com/which-nikon-prime-lens-to-buy-first after seeing those pictures. I've ruined so many night pix because of my lens [or not having the right one] over the past 14 years that I plan on catching up this summer when we go. I have very similar pics of AoA but of course during the day. At night, that resort gleams with color. Haven't decided which lens yet but from what I've read, they're all pretty good for what I need. Thanks again for the inspiration and advice!

Last edited:
Hi Tina! Imagine my Suprise when I wander in, very late for the party and find the lovely "shout out" from you. It was wonderful meeting you and the other Golden Girls (yes folks, the description is apt lol)

I can't wait to read your report!

Susan

Love your silly picture on RnRc, I am afraid of that ride. I went on once in 2006 and that was it, never again LOL. Thanks for the input on Hoop de do dinner.

You have inspired me to buy one of these https://photographylife.com/which-nikon-prime-lens-to-buy-first after seeing those pictures. I've ruined so many night pix because of my lens [or not having the right one] over the past 14 years that I plan on catching up this summer when we go. I have very similar pics of AoA but of course during the day. At night, that resort gleams with color. Haven't decided which lens yet but from what I've read, they're all pretty good for what I need. Thanks again for the inspiration and advice!

Those look like fast lenses. Any of those three would work for night pictures, but I would suggest the 35 mm lens, the others would be very close and you wouldn't be able to get much in the picture. Think of what your eyes see, that is basically 50 mm, but you have a crop camera (as do I) so that 50mm is about 1.5x closer, so the 50 mm is now 75mm, so the 35 mm would be 52.5 so it would be closer to what your eyes actually see. It's complicated! The others would be good too, but you would just be more "zoomed in" and you'd have less view of the scene around you. But now that I'm thinking about it, it could be a good thing too, so go with what you think you'd like! I used to just have a 50mm 1.8, and then got a 30 mm 1.4, and they are both good.

Here is an example of what I mean:

http://www.clickinmoms.com/blog/wp-...-on-a-crop-sensor-and-full-frame-cameras2.jpg

Love the ones reflecting on the water...awesome!

Thanks. :)

Hi Tina! Imagine my Suprise when I wander in, very late for the party and find the lovely "shout out" from you. It was wonderful meeting you and the other Golden Girls (yes folks, the description is apt lol)

I can't wait to read your report!

Susan

Welcome! Hope you're enjoying it! So sad there's no NS Dismeet this year, but I'm kind of glad because that means I won't miss it when I am in Europe!

Love your silly picture on RnRc, I am afraid of that ride. I went on once in 2006 and that was it, never again LOL. Thanks for the input on Hoop de do dinner.

Hee hee hee, that's ok, you don't HAVE to do it! I will say that this was one of the scaries rides I've ever been on. The scary part for me starts at around 35 seconds. Ever see a caterpillar curl backwards off the tree? That's what I think of during those climbs. I don't mind the fast parts, it is the slow climbs. I'll still likely do it again though. :)

Thanks for the info. I basically want to be able to buy a lens where I can take good night/low light pictures and also shoot during the day. I would love to just be able to take one lens during my trips to WDW especially.

Thanks for the info. I basically want to be able to buy a lens where I can take good night/low light pictures and also shoot during the day. I would love to just be able to take one lens during my trips to WDW especially.

I dream of a light camera that can take low light pictures and is cheap, with a great zoom. LOL I don't think it's happening any time soon!

Sorry I haven't posted in so long, everyone! It's been busy, between planning for my summer trip, then report cards and interviews! But March break is coming soon (next week) and I am being lazy tonight so I figured I'd do an update!

I'm not sure what I had for breakfast as I have no pictures and no notes or receipts, so I'm thinking I must have eaten something in the room. At around 7am I went outside to take my morning view shots. I hope you're not too tired of the view, I know I'm not!

from raw-7707 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7708 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We were heading to Epcot for early morning EMH. I was excited to be heading out and getting in line for the bus, and the bus arriving at around 7:30. We were going to make it!

from raw-7709 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Less than 15 minutes later we were dropped off here.

from raw-7711 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I don't think this is the morning, but at one point we were on the bus to Epcot and the bus driver made a huge deal out of a birthday. He made everyone sing and everything. I don't mind, I just thought it was a bigger deal than usual, besides that he only did that for one little girl when I thought I saw other pins too. Then when she got off the bus there were CMs waiting for her with balloons. Must have been something special. It was cute to see her reaction, but again, sad for the other kids.

from raw-7712 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7715 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7717 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

We waited near the back of the pack.

from raw-7718 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7720 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

The plan was to head to Soarin' first, then to Test Track, and hope to get both in before rope drop.

from raw-7722 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7724 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7725 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7727 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7729 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

It wasn't too bad of a wait. When we got to the point above it was already 8:13. Poor Blanche couldn't move as quickly as she would have liked, so we took our time.

from raw-7733 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

And by 8:30, we were at this point:

from raw-7738 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I buckled up, and Blanche used the child restraints, I'm sure, and we were soaring over California. It was fun to point out and say "We were there!"

from raw-7742 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7745 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

What a beautiful morning!

from raw-7746 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7747 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

By now it's just about 9am and the day guests were about to enter the park. I can't remember the wait time, but I'm pretty sure we got in the single rider line. And waited forever! It was a long wait and I'm sure the ride kept going down. I ended up sitting riding with a family from the UK, and the little boy beside me was quite nervous. We chatted a lot because the ride even went down while we were on it. He was scared of everything because he'd gone on Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens and was traumatized. I guess he hadn't expected Cheetah Hunt to be that bad. I told him that I'd been on Cheetah Hunt and this was easy peasy. His mom and I just kept chatting with him and I asked him what types of rides he liked. I told him this was just like a car going for a drive. I can't remember what he said at the end when I asked him how it was. It was something like "Not not fun" I think.

from raw-7748 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

EPCOT_DPIRIDESYSGMTT_7459821100 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Blanche really liked this.... car.... yep.

from raw-7751 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7753 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

After (our hour long wait for) Test Track, we were off to the Orange side of Mission Space.

from raw-7755 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7756 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7757 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7759 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7761 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Every time I ride this, I miss CSI:NY again. That was my favorite of the CSIs.

By then, it was almost 11 and we figured that the there would be a restaurant in WS that would be opening soon for lunch, so we dawdled along to Mexico.

from raw-7767 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7771 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7772 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7773 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7774 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7775 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Nope, not open yet, as you can see! So we sat down by the water and waited. In fact, I found a text that I sent:

"At Epcot this morning. We rode Soarin, Test Track and Mission Space. Now just sitting. Waiting for Mexico to open for lunch."

I'd been sending little messages to my sisters like that all week. For them to enjoy, for them to share with their kids etc. (Two of my sisters had sent little texts to me earlier in the year on their trip. But then again, I'm the main Disney Freak in the family... and in PEI. LOL) The funny thing is that one of my sisters had gotten a new phone, and I'd forgotten to update my contacts, so I was texting her husband! This is Rose, (and I'm Dorothy, totally having a Rose moment!) and she is married to Blache's brother. So he asks her why I keep texting him and why I'm talking about Mexico, weren't we in Florida? HAHAHAHA

from raw-7778 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

It was the first time I'd eaten at La Cantina, and I'd do it again. I wasn't sure what to expect from the nachos, so I got the beans on the side. Turns out I really liked them, it's kind of like Wendy's chili and cheese nachos.

from raw-7779 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Dessert was good too, but I was stuffed, didn't finish ANYTHING. We could have shared this. I don't remember what Blanche got, but we got up one at a time to get food and watch our stuff.

from raw-7780 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7781 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

I would go back, but not alone. It's a shareable meal for sure!

We decided we were stuffed and tired, and really, it had been a fairly productive morning. So we went back for a break.

from raw-7785 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

Duffy!

from raw-7786 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7788 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7789 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7790 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7791 by disneyfreak0306, on Flickr

from raw-7792 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/ We ... She was missing her little kitty. LOL[/SIZE

Beautiful Epcot pictures, glad to see you are updating again. I leave for Disney on 4/3/16, very excited. I am to scared to do the orange mission space, I will do the green. The nachos look pretty good, my DD and I could share.

Beautiful Epcot pictures, glad to see you are updating again. I leave for Disney on 4/3/16, very excited. I am to scared to do the orange mission space, I will do the green. The nachos look pretty good, my DD and I could share.

I do not understand why I didn't update for so long! I guess I was really researching my summer trip. Sorry about that! I'll get as much done as I can before your trip though, don't worry! I hope you give orange a try, I've only done green once, and honestly, I found it made me (strangely) dizzier than the orange side! It makes no sense to me, but maybe I was off that day or something. It doesn't usually make me sick at all, although I have seen a little boy vomiting after riding. :( Poor thing.

And yes to the nachos, you and your daughter and a friend could share that meal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest