$60 50 minute massage through June!!!

stlrod

DIS Veteran
I just called Sturdy Branches to book a massage. Because we were only wanting 25 minute treatments (primarily due to cost), I decided to go with the Fitness Center rather than one of the Spas. Much to my surprise, I was told that through the end of June, DVC members can get 50 minute Swedish massage for only $60 rather than the normal $80. Woohoo!!! (Original post said through the end of July but another poster called and was told that it is only through the end of June; therefore, I've edited this post.)

As a relatively new DVCer - where is Sturdy Branches? I can't get a swedish massage right now but hubby sure could and would love it!

lllovell said:
As a relatively new DVCer - where is Sturdy Branches? I can't get a swedish massage right now but hubby sure could and would love it!

lllovell, Sturdy Branches is the health club at the VWL

ty ty...might be something I have to try out on our next trip in a few weeks. Hubby recently lost his job and he needs a treat I think :) Maybe this would be fun (although we are going to see Cirq on this next trip - ordered before said job loss and what the heck? sometimes you just gotta go and have fun - so maybe that is enough of a treat for us all!)

lllovell said:
ty ty...might be something I have to try out on our next trip in a few weeks. Hubby recently lost his job and he needs a treat I think :) Maybe this would be fun (although we are going to see Cirq on this next trip - ordered before said job loss and what the heck? sometimes you just gotta go and have fun - so maybe that is enough of a treat for us all!)

Oh please give hubby some pixie dust from me! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

lllovell said:
I'm a big-time massage lover, but trust me -- Cirque is WAY better than any massage!

On the other hand...you're saving 25% at Cirque, which is no small savings. And now you are each saving $20 on the massage...

You get an AP and DDE and you could save a FORTUNE on this trip!

I didn't ask, but it might be good at all the Fitness Centers. My guess is it is not good at the Spas. Here is a link for both (www.relaxedyet.) I was told that Strudy Branches has two treatment rooms. Because I wanted to book four of us for treatments with two at a time, they called over to one of the Spas and arrnaged for a therapist to come over on the day I wanted. I told them my youngest (12) might want a child's facial so they made sure the therapist who came over could do either (the one I spoke with only does the massages.) Very, very nice.

just returned from VWL and had a 60.00 massage at Sturdy Branches. I hate to say it but it was only worth 30.00. It was supposed to be 50 minutes but it only lasted 30. The therapist didnt even hit all limbs!!! It really wasnt worth the extra 90 minutes it took to be away from from my family who had a much better time.Although the staff at Sturdy Branches was quite nice, I wont be doing this again. Heads up if staying at VWL be specific about :smooth: scheduling for Sturdy Braches because initially when I called they had me booked at a spa in Beach Club. The front desk doesnt always route the calls correctly for spa appointments. I think there still working on this.

Relaxed Yet said no discount at SSR.

Sturdy Branches at VWL, says discount is only thru June. No discount for July....

If anyone hears elsewhere, please let me know, cause we're going in July.

GOldi

The special is good at tall the Fitness Centers (not the Spas). Hopefully, someone will report a better experience than Indea88 had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter