6 Month old in disney?

Mysticalbeauty3

Earning My Ears
I will be going to WDW May 20th and then on the DCL i was wondering if anyone has any experience in taking a baby to the parks and what rides are they allowed on etc.

Hi! We just got back from a trip with our three children, the youngest being 6 months. We took our little one on most everything that the other two could go on! Babies can go on anything without a height restriction. Besides the obvious rides, we didn't take him on the Orbiter or Teacups, or any of the thrill rides. He was fascinated by everything!!! It's such a fun age because they are really starting to notice their environment!!

Have fun!

Thanks so much...I was planning on taking her on all these rides but I wasnt sure and just wanted some first hand thoughts thanks again

I recently posted a trip report of my solo trip with my 14 month old "WDW with one person and a baby (toddler)". I give attraction by attraction reports on her reactions. SShe is fairly fearless, so take your own baby's personality into consideration.

Stace

We took our DS when he was 6 months old. He went on most everything that didn't have a height restriction. He loved it!:sunny:

Now what about packing and stuff...was it overwhelming packing everything up and like packing for the parks and stuff....im staying at the poly so it wouldnt be so out of the way to go back if i forgot something but just curious

One DD was 8 months on one trip, and my DS was 10 months on one trip. It was super. They can ride everything (except the obvious/rides with height restricitons, etc.) and go to all the shows, etc. But all the basic rides, like It's a Small World, Winnie the Pooh, etc. are fine. There is plenty to do!

It's not overwhelming. Check out the baby centers in each park. They are awesome and they sell anything you could need (forgottena t the roome, etc.) including diapers, pacifiers, bottles, baby food, etc. They are clean comfortable and cool. You can change or nurse your baby there or get anything you need.

The Poly will be excellent because you can bring your stroller right onto the monorail easily, without having to fold it up.

Oh, and if a character wants to hold your baby, he or she will sit downon the floor first and then hold out his/her arms. It's so sweet. At first I didn't understand why Pinocchio was all of a sudden getting down ont he floor, but when I realized he wanted to hold my baby, then it made sense....nice and safe...and great for photos!

Hope that helps!

Enjoy!!

One good thing about packing for a 6 mo. old, is that even though they need alot of clothes, the clothes are small and you can pack more of their clothes into a bag. I put some of DS clothes into my suitcase and then packed his large diaper bag w/ other clothes. We did of course have to pack his food, etc. It wasn't so bad b/c we were driving.

As far as the parks goes, I think I took a medium size diaper bag, along w/ my backpack to the parks. We had a stroller w/ a basket on the bottom, so we pretty much left it in there.

The main thing is to be organized and try to have everything ready early, not waiting until you're walking out the room to go to the parks. We went to O'hana for dinner before the MVMCP and forgot his bottle. Luckily, one of the stores at the Poly had bottles. They didn't have the same nipple as he was used to, but after a little while of being hungry, he adapted! :D

I don't remember it being overwhelming at all. The baby's stuff was easier to get together than my 4 yr old DD things!:sunny:

It just took some extra planning to pack and plan for a trip with an infant.

We flew, so packing all the baby stuff was a challenge. We ended up bringing our own diapers/formula etc....we figured we'd have room for souveniers on the return trip!!

I was concerned about "what to do" with the baby for a week, in terms of being at the hotel etc. My little one wasn't sitting by himself yet, and I knew holding him constantly or laying him in the crib was unrealistic. I ended up taking apart a bouncy seat and bringing it in the suitcase. I was quite impressed that I fit everything!!! Oh, and I brought along a blow-up tub for him. We couldn't get it totally inflated for the return trip, so we ended up ditching it:-(.

We traveled with other children , so a mid-day break was a necessity. That made it easy to pack for the parks. I didn't even bring a diaper bag. I got one of those stroller pouches, that fit two diapers, a disposable pad, two bottles and a formula dispenser. It worked out great, and we didn't have to worry about what to do with the bag while on attractions.

I actually thought it was easy taking a 6-month-old. We didn't have to worry about solid foods, since they don't *need* solids yet. We purposely waited to get on a solid schedule until after our trip! Also, infants at this age are still happy being held or in a snugli or stroller, so there was no chasing around!!!

Have fun......and take lots of pictures!!!!!

It just took some extra planning to pack and plan for a trip with an infant.

We flew, so packing all the baby stuff was a challenge. We ended up bringing our own diapers/formula etc....we figured we'd have room for souveniers on the return trip!!

I was concerned about "what to do" with the baby for a week, in terms of being at the hotel etc. My little one wasn't sitting by himself yet, and I knew holding him constantly or laying him in the crib was unrealistic. I ended up taking apart a bouncy seat and bringing it in the suitcase. I was quite impressed that I fit everything!!! Oh, and I brought along a blow-up tub for him. We couldn't get it totally inflated for the return trip, so we ended up ditching it:-(.

We traveled with other children , so a mid-day break was a necessity. That made it easy to pack for the parks. I didn't even bring a diaper bag. I got one of those stroller pouches, that fit two diapers, a disposable pad, two bottles and a formula dispenser. It worked out great, and we didn't have to worry about what to do with the bag while on attractions.

I actually thought it was easy taking a 6-month-old. We didn't have to worry about solid foods, since they don't *need* solids yet. We purposely waited to get on a solid schedule until after our trip! Also, infants at this age are still happy being held or in a snugli or stroller, so there was no chasing around!!!

Have fun......and take lots of pictures!!!!!

Hi - We took our, then 6 month old, daughter in February and it was a great trip! She loved looking around at everything and especially loved the characters. We flew, so I tried to keep what we took to a minimum, but it wasn't too bad. I planned on doing laundry mid-week, so that helped as well. For the parks we took a small diaper bag with diapers, wipes, changing pad, change of clothes and a couple of small toys. The monorails were easy, but the buses were a little more challenging juggling baby, stroller, diaper bag, camera bag and the inevitable shopping bags.

The baby rooms are wonderful - it is a nice quite place to get away from all the stimulation. We are nursing, so I didn't have to worry about packing food. However, that also meant we spent more time in the nursing room while the rest of the family played in the park. Overall we did fewer attractions than in the past, but it was the best trip so far!

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter