• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

6 in one room and FOTL

ann0511

Earning My Ears
We will be spending one night at RPR during Easter week just to have 2 days of FOTL access. My question is...we have 4 children ages 6, 8, 10, & 12. We booked only one room since the 3 girls could sleep together for one night and reserved a roll away for my son. I here we will get only 5 FOTL passes. How do these passes work....does each person have to scan there pass...or just show them...will we be able to get our 4th child in FOTL with the rest of us? We've never been to Universal before but are on a budget. I cannot see booking another room just for 1 more FOTL pass....most of the time the 6 year old ends up in bed with us anyway...help...thanks...Ann

Your room key is your FOTL pass. Each registered guest will receive a room key. If you plan to register 5 guests, then you will get 5 room keys/FOTL passes.

Everyone entering the Express Pass Line must either show a room key or an Express Pass. I believe that, at least at IOA, they use a scanner on the room keys. You can enter an attraction thru the Express Pass queue once per hour using the room key. However, the various attractions are not "linked" via this system. That mean if you were to ride the Incredible Hulk at 10 am, you could go thru Dr. Doom's queue at 10:15 with no problem but you could not get a repeat ride on Hulk at 10:15.

You could always use your admission tickets to get additional Express Passes from the machines but that sort of defeats the purpose of staying onsite for one night.

Or you could purchase a Universal Express Plus pass for your 6th person for each park day. The pass allows one use of the Express line per attraction and cost between $15-$25 per day depending on the time of year. This is certainly less expensive than booking another room but the Express Plus passes are still more limited than the FOTL pass that you get with your room keys.

I am pretty sure they will not let you add a 6th person to your room. In other words, you will only have 5 keys for FOTL. Each guest's name is printed on the room key (which serves as your FOTL pass). Some rides scan them, some do not. Nevertheless, each person entering the Express line must have their own pass. It appears your best option would be to purchase the Express Plus pass (good for one Express ride on each attraction). Someone correct me if I am wrong.

One thing mad4themouse said is not true. There is no limit to how many times or how often you can ride using the Express system while staying onsite. You could ride Spiderman back to back times with no problem. Last weekend we rode MIB twice in a 20 minute period using Express and Dudley's twice in a row using Express. Last summer, we rode Spiderman several times by reentering the express line as soon as we exited the ride. In other words, if you wanted to ride Hulk all day long, you could.

If all six of you are not going on a ride at the same time you could possibly share your magic room keys.

Maybe you can share.

I know you aren't supposed to have more than 5 in a room because I asked about this. We ended up booking another room because they told me that we will only get 5 keys if we only have one room. Something about safety codes. Of course, mine are older so there wouldn't have been enough room anyways. But I really needed everyone to have FOTL so booked the second room:D

I would just take turns riding the rides..maybe split into groups of 3 and then give the one person who didnt have the room key someone elses.
On our last stay I was a little disappointed with how they handle the # of people in a room. The standard rooms with 2 queen beds sleep 5, although they want to get a roll away bed for the 5th person. But even in the HRH deluxe rooms that have 2 queens and a fold out sleep sofa--still they state only 5 when there is bedding that accomodates 6 :confused: and unlike Disney even if you have a baby in your party under 3 the baby is still counted in the total party #.

Originally posted by 4greatboys
I would just take turns riding the rides..maybe split into groups of 3 and then give the one person who didnt have the room key someone elses.
On our last stay I was a little disappointed with how they handle the # of people in a room. The standard rooms with 2 queen beds sleep 5, although they want to get a roll away bed for the 5th person. But even in the HRH deluxe rooms that have 2 queens and a fold out sleep sofa--still they state only 5 when there is bedding that accomodates 6 :confused: and unlike Disney even if you have a baby in your party under 3 the baby is still counted in the total party #.

I totally agree!!! We went when my youngest was a baby (I also have 4 children) and were told that we would have to not only get two rooms, but that in order to get connecting rooms we'd have to get deluxe rooms. When we checked in we were told by the bell hop that there were more standard, connecting rooms than deluxe. I was not happy about that misinformation!

T&B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter