• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

6 Days on Disney Dineing Plan *first time review*

IWISHFORDISNEY

<font color=darkorchid>Cant get enough of the mous
Me, DH, and DS (free 22 months old)
TS: Boma x 2, CP, Alfredos, Ohana
CS: Cosmic Rays, Mara, France Pastry area, Tangerine Cafe, Yorkshire Fish.
Snacks: kakagori (sp), dole whip, sweet pretzel in Norway, frozen leomade AK.

Day One:
Arrived at AKL and had snacks in the lounge waiting for our room to be readied. So we only did dinner this day.

Boma - Total bill 71.25. The food was excellent as usual. The butternut squash soup and coconut seafood chowder are my favorites. The roasted chicken did not dissappoint. Excellent waiter and food. The dessert bar with Zebra Domes and blueberry tarts always is a favorite of ours. Well worth our 2 TS credit. We love this place and will return here.

My son showing us the finer points of a blueberry tart.

DSCN3702.jpg

Day Two:

We had breakfast again in the CL lounge and used one CS for adult breakfast to bring up to the lounge. 1 CS $8.99 they let us get chocolate milk as our beverage.

Lunch: Cosmic Rays - b and Chicken Platter and a Bacon double Cheeseburger with fries. The portions were so large that we had to throw some away actually. We had a half rack of ribs that were tender and good tasteing with ample bbq sauce. This came with smashed potatoes and veggies and a sugar free brownie which we saved for later. The burger was huge and the fries looked like a double portion. We had plenty to feed all three of us and a few others if need be. Great value here. Total $39.64 for lunch. 2 CS

Dinner: Crystal Palace - th Pooh and the gang. This was by far our favorite meal of the trip. The character interaction was awesome. Each character spent ample time at our table and we were able to get great pictures. The food was outstanding esp the chicken pasta dish, peel and eat shrimp, and the blue cheese salad. Outstanding food, always fresh and a dessert bar to die for. The coconut flan and key lime pie were delish. 2 TS credits. Bill $74.69. A new favorite for us and will definately return here.

Character Interaction:
DSCN3787.jpg

DSCN3781.jpg

DSCN3775.jpg

Day 3:
Up at the crack of dawn for the sunrise Safari and breakfast buffet was included in the cost of our safari. We had a buffet at the Tusker House. Great food. The fried plantains and stuffed french toast were fabulous. My mouth is watering right now. There were about 25 items out on the buffet and something for everyone. 3 kinds of meats, 2 types of eggs, biscuts and gravey, alot of sweets. You name it and it was there.

Lunch: Too full from breakfast so we did not eat.

2 Snack credits for a stuffed pretzel and frozen leomade. $7.98

Dinner: O'hana- This restaurant was a little bit of a dissappointment. While the food was good the constant jabbering of the women running the kids events was getting to us. She was desperate to find a hot 21 year old boy. That is all she kept talking about. The wontons were just Ok in my opinion, the salad was very good and fresh. The potatoes had too much onion spice in them and neither of us cared for them. The meats were fabulous, tender and juicy and very well seasoned. My favorite was the turkey and my DH said it was his favorite also. The waiter was great and brought our son PBJ sandwiches and fries since he really didnt like any of the food and he is not a picky eater but the spices were to much for him. The morroco parade was
fun for my DS he was a little to small for the coconut races and whacked DH with the broom in the shins most of the time. The dessert was excellent a banana bread pudding with ice cream which my son claimed for his self. Probably wont go back until the little one is a bit older.

Dont you love his table manners *insert sarcasm*
DSCN3940.jpg

Day 4:

Brekfast at the lounge once again.

Lunch: Tangerine Cafe in Epcot. 2 CS meals. I had the chicken and lamb platter and DH got the lamb sandwich. $33.17 total. Both meals were excellent and the lamb was my favorite. The spicing was just right and even the baby ate off of our plates. We had baklava for dessert and soda's for our drinks. Great value and would eat here again.

Snack - Kakagori (shaved ice in Japan) Mmmmmmm very good. 2 snack credits. $5 appoximately I forgot the exact amount.

Dinner: Boma again. We wanted to try the other menu and it was just as wonderful as the first time. 2 TS credits.

Snacks again at MK dole whip float and dole whip ice cream parfait. Delish as usual. 2 Snack credits.

Day 5:

Breakfast in lounge once again. Getting boring hungh.

Lunch: We stayed by the pool this day and ate at the Mara. One hot dog adult platter and One pizza for 2 CS credits. The bill was about $20. I also bought 2 slices of bread and they provide the peanut butter and jelly and made DS a pbj and he shared our fries. So out of pocket we paid .78 for the bread.

Dinner: We had ressies for Spoodles but were running way late and had to cancel them. We ended up at Alfredos for a very pleasant surprise. I was very afraid to eat here after hearing so many terrible reviews but they could seat us immediately without a ressies so we went for it. For appetizer we had the calamari which was one of the best we have ever had and the ceasar salad which was also good. DH had the lasangna and I had the shrimp with vodka sauce. DH said his plate was good and mine was out of this world. The vodka sauce was spicey just like I like it and the shrimp were huge. We paid out of pocket for spaghetti and meatballs for our ds $6. For dessert we had the cannoli which was typical and the strawberry mousse which my DS devoured. 2 TS credits used for an above average meal. I would return here again in a pinch like this one. Good food but service a little slow and she was way to concerned that some of our items were not "covered" on the dineing plan such as DS's meal and DH's wine. Total bill for this night was $102.11. Well worth our prepaid dineing plan.

Day 6 we had 5 CS left over and 6 snacks so we got large boxes of cookies and 6 packs of lollipops to take home for gifts. We had lunch in England at the Fish and Chip stand which was awesome and a large portion that we could share with the baby. With our remaining 3 CS credits we were able to get 6 pastries (2 for each credit) and 2 cups of coffe and 1 soda in the French Pastry shop. We took these home on the plane with us and enjoyed them with the rest of the family that night.

Over all the dineing plan worked out well for us. We saved about 200 dollars over 6 days. We will most likely do it next time. I hope this wasnt to terribly boring for everyone. We also left a 5 dollar extra tip at each TS to make up the difference from 18% to 20% which is usually what we tip.

Thank you SO much for the reviews. Your son is precious!

We're eating at Boma twice on our upcoming trip too--I just love that place LOL

Thanks for the awesome reviews! You're descriptions were so good, that I got hungry reading it! Glad you and you're family had a terrific time!

We had lunch at Tangerine Cafe for the first time last week. I had the chicken & lamb platter and was really surprised at the texture of the meats, kind of like beef jerky??? Is that the way it's supposed to be? I'd never read anything regarding this. :confused3

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

TigerKat said:
We had lunch at Tangerine Cafe for the first time last week. I had the chicken & lamb platter and was really surprised at the texture of the meats, kind of like beef jerky??? Is that the way it's supposed to be? I'd never read anything regarding this. :confused3

Hmmmmm my platter was very tender. It was in strips like jerky but really tender. I hope yours did not have the texture of jerkey too.

Thanks for sharing your reviews. DS is very cute! :goodvibes

boma is just 1 TS credit per adult right? or is it the deal where you have to use up 2 TS per person?

IWISHFORDISNEY said:
Hmmmmm my platter was very tender. It was in strips like jerky but really tender. I hope yours did not have the texture of jerkey too.

Unfortunately, it did! :sad2:

GS67 said:
boma is just 1 TS credit per adult right? or is it the deal where you have to use up 2 TS per person?

I think it is only one ts per person. I hope it hasn't changed because we are eating htere on New Years Day!! Please let us know!! thanks!!

DH and I are doing the Sunrise Safari in Jan. Glad to get the review on the Tusker House breakfast that goes with it. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter