50's Diner vs Sci Fi Dine In

fairytinkerbell

<font color=purple>The music in the Disney Plannin
Is one better than the other for lunch or dinner?

I am booking PS , was going to do Sci Fi for lunch and then MAYBE
50's diner for dinner.

Is the 50's place LARGE? Do they have enough booths for everyone?
We want our own private booth, (don't want to share w/ anyone else)
is this possible/?:wave:

Also, can you stop in the 50's place just to get a milkshake?? I think i remember this place now, and we tried to go in there and have a shake and it was PACKED!
NO SEATS!

*****Kind of expensive, too....

******Where else should we go for dinner once
we LEAVE MGM?? Rainforest Cafe?? any other ideas? I think MGM closes at 7:30 pm in October, right?
:wave:

Prime Time is better period IMO. We do lunch there, but it's one of the few Disney restaurants that does not have drastically higher prices at dinner. If I were going to do Sci Fi, I'd pick lunch, especially if I was concerned about prices.

There are tables/booths of all sizes at Prime Time. You don't share, but some are pretty cozy and near your neighbors. You do know you're going to have others in your car at Sci Fi, right?

If $ is an issue, do your main meals at lunch and eat counter service for dinner. We do that almost every day -- mainly do dinner at places like Boma that don't server lunch.

I'd ride the boat to Epcot for dinner after MGM closes.

We had a great time at 50's in March. Uncle Dale was the server!

The booths are a bit cozy, but you are watching the action at EVERYONES table anyways! Really Fun!

....a question on Sci-Fi......

Does a family of 5 usually gat a car to themselves?

2 adults and 12,10,9 yr old boys

-cortegro

We went to 50's 2 years ago & Sci-Fi last year, we ALL preferred 50's PrimeTime over Sci-Fi. Much better IMO.

Does a family of 5 usually gat a car to themselves?

I have ate at the Sci-Fi with parties of varying numbers numerous times and have almost always had just our party in the car. I would imagine with 5 you definately would. I think most cars have 3 rows. Even when others have been in the car, I haven't found it intruding. You spend most of your time watching the movies on the screen anyway.

I prefer Sci-Fi but in truth, have only ate at 50's Prime Time once.

If you choose Sci-Fi, go at lunch. I think the menu is better then, especially the kid's menu........but anytime you go, get the glowing ice in your drink. It's fun in the darkened restaurant.

Both are good, you really can't go wrong with either. I would just eat at which ever one can seat you guys together at the time you want.

However there are two very different menus. The 50's is that home cooking comfort food (meat and potato meals) where the SciFi is more like diner type food. (sandwiches, soups, salads)

So the type of meal your looking for could determine the choice. Both are very high on atmosphere. IMO, the food is better at 50's

We love both, but 50's has the best food and is more consistant. We LOVE the atmosphere at Sci Fi. It's so much fun with the cars and the silly sci fi clips.

At the 50's, I don't think there are "booths", just tables with chairs. Unless I am not remembering right. The best tables are the ones that are attached to the tv's. The ones that are tables are just not as "fun".

We usually do both of these places for lunch. Dinner at 50's is about the same in cost and what is offered. The Sci-Fi is now mostly sandwiches and hamburgers for lunch and dishes for dinner. You can't order the sandwiches for Dinner but last November they were allowing you to order the hamburgers at dinner.

I personally like the sci fi better. Maybe its because they have corndogs and i am in love with corndogs. But i think that atmosphere is better because if im on vacation i dont really want to be reminded of home. And home is definately what you get at the 50's. But both are good. Just think to yourself, though, how many times do i get eat a full meal in my car watching fun movies? Not many. And then think, how many times have i gotten yelled at by my mom? Lots. Just think about it, not putting the 50's down because its fun, but its no sci fi~

I got some bad chicken at 50's and have not wanted to go back for this reason also our server was not very much in the swing of the atmospere of the place and that makes a world of difference.

50's is a great place to dine and is a must dine for me. There is a room in the corner that has all tables in it, so it would be able to handle a larger party.

I gave the Sci-Fi another shot last year and was really disappointed. The food was just so-so.

Went to both in July. It comes down to what you want to eat: drive-in fare or home cooked meal. With priority seating we had no waits, even on a busy day.

I know I have the weirdest kids, but ...

For what it's worth, my 7-year-old son was somewhat scared of the campy horror movie trailers at Sci Fi. He hated the meal and wanted to leave.

DH and I have always made a point of dining at Prime Time, but this time our 6yoDD informed us she doesn't like the way they treat people there. It was interesting because she must be learning that lesson about being nice to other people!! We probably won't go back if she has anything to say about it and oh, how I will miss those Smores for dessert!!

I prefer PT. Like many posters I think the food is better. Also, my family enjoys the antics that go on. Even if we have a so-so server, we enjoy watching.

The Sci-Fi's food really disappointed us last time we ate there. We haven't been back since. This was 3 years ago - so maybe it's time to give it another try.

We'd like to do both, but we only have one day at MGM, so I was thinking we could do lunch at one of them, and then later maybe a dessert or snack-type break at the other one. Does this sound feasible? Any suggestions on which one for lunch, and suggestions on times for each?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter