• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5 in a room

grumpyandbashful

DIS Veteran
Hi, all! :wave:

We will be at WDW March 5-11. Thinking of spending the 1st night at Universal with FOTL access, instead of coming over for a day from WDW.
We have 3 teens, so need a room that can sleep 5. Any rooms with 2 queens and a daybed? Would like to check out RPH - have stayed at Hard Rock before.
We have Universal APs, Entertainment card, etc. Any suggestions?

Thanks!! :)

I know that HRH and PB have deluxe rooms that sleep 5 with a day bed. I'm not sure about RPR. Try checking on the Universal Orlando website and plugging in various codes (ENT, AAA, FAN, APH) and you can get am idea of the price and what rooms are available. In any of the rooms a rollaway can be brought in for I think $25, but that would be kind of tight in the RPR I would think. We did have a porta crib in our RPR room so maybe a rollaway would fit.

T&B

I plugged in the APH code and got a deluxe room at HRH for $189 - woooo hoooo!! 2 queens and a daybed, I hope :confused: :D !!
I think we will be a lot happier this way that driving from Disney for a day and slogging through the lines - DS and I were down in July and did Shrek about 4 times with FOTL - :tongue: !
Thanks again :Pinkbounc

We stayed in a 2 queen bed room at RPR in July. Our boys were 13 and 17 at the time. We took a cheap $19.99 airbed that my 13 yr. old used over by the window next to one of the beds. It worked out fine for the entire 7 nights. You can pay $25 per night for a rollaway bed, but it didn't look like there would be enough room to move around it where it would have to be set up. It would've taken up a lot of space in the area at the foot of the beds. Your only other option at RPR would probably be to get a King suite that also has a pullout sofabed. You'd still need something for the 5th person, but you might have a little more room to move around in. If you're just staying one night though, a rollaway in a queen room might not be so bad.

Sounds like a great rate and for 1 night who cares FOTL yahaw:bounce: :bounce:

Originally posted by grumpyandbashful
I plugged in the APH code and got a deluxe room at HRH for $189 - woooo hoooo!! 2 queens and a daybed, I hope :confused: :D !!
I think we will be a lot happier this way that driving from Disney for a day and slogging through the lines - DS and I were down in July and did Shrek about 4 times with FOTL - :tongue: !
Thanks again :Pinkbounc

Actually, it might be a pull-out couch instead of a daybed. It used to be a day bed, if my memory serves me correctly (my memory doesn't even like me, much less serve me anymore lol), but I think it is now a pull-out.

Wow, you have 3 teens. That must be fun. I guess when my 10yo turns 13 I'll have 3 teens, too (and by then a 7yo--ugh). And the problem is that I'm only getting older. Well, not a problem if you look at the alternative! :teeth:

T&B

Yea, 17 and 13 year-old boys and a 15 year-old girl. This may be our last time all traveling to WDW/USF for awhile, since my oldest is always so busy and doing his own things all the time - he wasn't that keen on this trip, but is getting excited about it now, since he hasn't been for 2 years!

Thanks again for your advice - we will love the FOTL! :tongue:

grumpyandbashful-- It think you got a pretty good rate. We stayed in a deluxe room last Oct and paid $160 per night. The 2 queen beds were comfy and actually the fold out sofa wasnt bad either. The room was a good size room. Have a great trip!

We're booked for club level at HRH for end of February. We'll also have 5 in a room (3 teens) as DD is bringing her boyfriend along. We've requested a rollaway bed for him. Will this be too tight a squeeze? Do the Club Level rooms offer sofa/daybeds?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter