• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5/11 HS Moonlight Magic info (screenshots post # 12)

Geomom

DIS Veteran
We're signed up for the 5/11 Hollywood Studios Moonlight Magic. I got the confirmation email the day I registered. Any idea when they'll send out the info email about times, etc? Haven't gotten anything yet...

Nothing here yet either. Honestly, I expected it to be out already since we are only 3 days away from the event night.

So glad I'm not the only one. I've been nervous because I accidentally deleted my confirmation email when I first registered. I've wanted to change some of the names on my SSR reservation but paranoid they will cancel my 5/11 MM. Would be a really awkward and disappointing to show up and not be on the list.

Got the email. It doesn’t seem to show the number of people we registered for the event? Also, does anyone know what time the event ends?

Got the email. It doesn’t seem to show the number of people we registered for the event? Also, does anyone know what time the event ends?
Only your initial confirmation will show the number you registered for. As for the event hours, 10 pm to 1 am with entry into DHS as early as 7 pm using just the event issued wristband.

Full event details are in the attached event guide pdf.

Got our email as well! Flying out today, so I printed out the pdf to look at while traveling.

Check in from 7pm-10:45pm (a little earlier if you're already in the park.)

3 snack vouchers (any DDP snack item.) And ice cream novelties from 10-1 in 4 locations.

11pm Fantasmic...cuts into our ride time so we will likely skip that.

Rise closes at midnight (or at least the line does...)

Had a great time tonight! DH, myself, and DD23. Got into park by 7:30. Did Star Tours and Muppets with no wait. Then used 4 of our 9 snack vouchers at ABC commissary. 2 Black beans, uncrustable, mint chocolate chip cheesecake. Watched the 2 projection shows/light fireworks on the theater at 9:10/9:30. (Waiting for park close, clearing out some rides ). 9:50pm, went on Rise and then Smuggler's Run. 15 minute wait for each. Used 2 snack vouchers on Kat Sakas Kettle popcorn (both flavors) while DD23 and DH waited in line to meet Rey and BB8. Next Toy story land. Walked on Alien Saucers and Toy Story Mania. Got 3 ice cream sandwiches and 2 mickey bars. Used a snack voucher at Woody's lunch box: chocolate hazelnut lunch tart. 5 minute wait for mickey/Minnie railway. Used last 2 snack vouchers on mickey pretzels at Anaheim produce stand. It was 12:43 then, so we headed to the bus stop. Quick bus to wilderness lodge

Last edited:
Does anyone have a list of the meet and greets that were available? We go in September. Thanks
This is what we saw while walking around:

Galaxy's edge:
Rey, BB8, and Chewbacca meeting together (Chewbacca went on break before it was our turn.)

Toy Story land:
Lotso
Bo Peep and Bulls Eye

In addition to what was already mentioned, Sweetums was at PizzaRizzo. Fancy Donald and Daisy at Red Carpet Dream. And Stitch and all his alien friends were at the Junior Dance Party. The aliens were really getting into the party.

This was my first WDW MM and it was AMAZING!! All the ride lines were super short including Rise and Slinky. I was able to use up all of my snack coupons. The longest lines were for characters but it was worth the wait to get a photo with Lotso!

We were in by 7 and enjoyed our evening! We did the minor, not quite so swirly attractions, had a snack at ABC, and a Mickey ice cream sandwich a bit later. Gave our remaining snack certs to other DVC'ers as we weren't really hungry since we had eaten before coming.

We enjoyed Fantasmic and I figured we would be leaving after that, but the music was enjoyable and the weather and evening turned out nice so we stayed until after midnight. It was fun to watch the people with loads of energy dancing and some just bouncing to the music, while we rested our old selves on a wall.

Later we took the path back and probably beat the buses.

Last edited:
Any tips for registration day? I'm hoping to get in for the Animal Kingdom MM on 8/2. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter