3AM pre-race coffee

In the end, I considered bringing my Keurig but it would have taken another luggage and checkin it in would have cost more than a new machine.

So I brought my Keurig pods and poured the content in a tea filter bag. I bought a gallon of Spring water for drinking but also used it to flush the machine and make the coffee. I tested that at home and it tasted like what I am used to, just slightly milder. Perfect for a consistent pre-race routine.

I also brought Coke Zero in my gear bag to readjust my caffeine content after the races and while waiting to enter a park.

Thank you all for your suggestions, this was a success ☺️

Skip the coffee?! Um, heck no!
That’s just insane!
But the Joffrey’s is crap.
For travel I take a few Keurigs of a blend I like and a box of the flavored creamers, which are also the sweetener.
In case of no Keurig, I also take a box of the Taster’s Choice instant packets and use the in-room coffee maker for hot water. Not optimal, but surprisingly good ( especially at 3 am or when camping) and better than their crap coffee.
And I drink it on the bus. Every. Year. While eating my pre-race Cliff bar.
YMMV

We are planning our third runDisney weekend. I am trying to find better options for the 3AM coffee. For the past challenges, I used the in-room pods with the provided Cuisinart machine and added real milk instead of creamer. I can survive on this for race mornings but it is not a pleasure for me. Here are the options I see. Can you suggest anything else?

- Survive on Cuisinart Pods with the Joffrey pods. Any way to improve the taste? Baileys might not be an option prior to running.
- Are the foodcourt usually open and filling resort mugs at 3AM? Is that coffee any better?
- Wait an see if I find anything at the start area. But then I might not have time to digest it.
- Skip the coffee. Worst idea of the bunch, I want to enjoy my time, not to become a Villain.
- Pickup a Starbucks the night before and rewarm it in my room if I can get a microwave.
- Check-in my Keurig machine and pods on the plane.
- Do a grocery stop along the way from the airport and buy pre-made coffee drinks. Which ones?
- Check-in instant coffee, which one? Heat water using the Cuisinart machine in the room.

Looking forward to reading you!
So I'm considering investing in a pour over set up or French press. Get amazon to deliver to the hotel a cheap electric kettle or just run the coffee pot and get hot water then pour it over as I get ready. I'd probably need 2 pour overs cause I need one cup before I leave and one on the bus... it's that critical to my survival :). I doubled up the pouches for wine and dine last time and I swear the coffee in the room is getting weaker.

So I'm considering investing in a pour over set up or French press. Get amazon to deliver to the hotel a cheap electric kettle or just run the coffee pot and get hot water then pour it over as I get ready. I'd probably need 2 pour overs cause I need one cup before I leave and one on the bus... it's that critical to my survival :). I doubled up the pouches for wine and dine last time and I swear the coffee in the room is getting weaker.
Depending on the size of each of your cup, you can use both sides of the Cuisinart to obtain hot (not boiling) water on two cups. I recommend using your own water (I had a gallon delivered) instead of tap and running the machine once at the beginning of the trip to flush/clean it.

It was not clear from my previous post but I used my coffee bags like I would have used teabags.

Check out Copper Cow coffee, it’s disposable pour over pouches with a condensed milk pouch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter