30th Anniversary Trip Restaurant Reviews

ckb_nc

DIS Veteran
Long weekend trip with our grown children to celebrate our 30th Anniversary. First time all of had been to WDW together since 2018, which was quite surprising. We had been as parts, but never all together.

Friday night we ate at Morimoto's, a family tradition. We had the ribs, which is an all-time favorite. Seriously the last time I ae their with my middle daughter in Dec. 2020 it was sublime. That night we had the ribs (2 six ribs), the pork dumplings, the duck and the Mongolian filet. The Filet was incredible, and the duck was outstanding as always. We walked away full and enjoyed the meal.

Saturday lunch was Sanaa - which is quite adventurous for me, but my family enjoyed. The bread service was on point, and the entire meal quite good. It is still a great place to wind down from going to AK. My wife loves AKL.

Saturday night, my wife and I watched the Duke-UNC game at the bar of Steakhouse 71. The PBJ chicken wings were quite a great surprise. Strong drinks, good beer and a win for my Tarheel alum wife was just the ticket.

We came back Sunday for lunch at Steakhouse 71. As southern-bred folks, their mac-n-cheese is just incredible. But their cheeseburger was one my top 5 ever, and maybe the best I have had. It was simply incredible, and somehow at $23 felt like it was fairly priced. Ironically the fries were not good. But the meal was really good. My wife loves creme brulee - and while she liked this one, she and I both felt it had too much chocolate.

We had Ohana's on the board for Monday, as our final meal. We scrapped that - it is an ok meal, but not what we wanted. We instead went to Compass and Ale. The food there was ok. My pancakes were not terrible, but nothing to write home about. My son had the apple french toast which was very good. This is maybe the 5th time I have eaten here at breakfast or lunch in the last 15 years, and each time I came away with a thought it could be better. Nothing terrible, but it is just ok.

I will say we had very good service at every meal. My daughters have mango allergies and Disney did a great job with those. Especially Sanaa.

Steakhouse 71 enters the picture as a place I have to go to for lunch now. The burger is that good.

Happy Anniversary :). Thank you for the reviews. We really enjoyed the burger at Steakhouse 71 last October. It was a fun place to watch a game too (we watched baseball playoffs!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter