• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

30 minute wait for FOP with FP+

peg2001

<font color=FF6600>Can drive DH away with a banana
Is this typical? Longest wait we had today!! We walked on Na'vi twice and the safari.

Is this typical? Longest wait we had today!! We walked on Na'vi twice and the safari.

Twenty minutes is usually the max for any normally-operating attraction, FOP included. However, FOP’s preshow tends to run on the longer side so it depends if you consider the preshow part of the attraction itself or part of the wait.

Not "normal" but not so out of the range that I would consider it a big deal.

Are you counting the pre-show in your wait time or was it 30 minutes until you entered the first pre-show room? And were all theaters operating?

I waited about 50 minutes Saturday night with a fast pass.

Which is somewhat funny since we got in line at Park close Friday and only waited an hour.

Waited about 20 minutes for FOP with a FP last week. Sure was a whole lot better then the looks of that standby line.

Which is somewhat funny since we got in line at Park close Friday and only waited an hour.

I was also there last Saturday, standby wait was 390 minutes at the time.
And because of that, I gave up the idea of getting in line on 7:55pm and getting another ride. The night prior I did that, finished the ride and stepped out of the park at around 9:00pm.

The RNRC FP wait was super long today too. I didn’t time it - but I’d guess it was at least 10 - 15 minutes to get indoors.

We rode it today fast pass. Within 15 minutes we were in the first chamber. Standby was 170 at that time. We absolutely loved the ride. Waited in Expedition Everest fast pass line for 35 minutes. Standby was 95 at that time. We rode it twice during EMH in that time. I think fast pass lines fluctuate depending on when you get in it and when everyone else does.

Did you wait 30 min to merge with Stand By? Or 30 min to ride? You can't really count the time you wait after you merge with stand by riders, as "your wait with FP"
Nothing can be done about the wait after the merge point. That's just how long it takes to ride for anyone, having a FP has no bearing on that part of the wait.
Now, if you waited 30 min to merge with the stand by riders, that's a bit excessive for sure. Never had a wait like that for certain.

We book our FPs on December 29. If we don't get FPs for FOP then my strategy will be to ride at the end of the night like you did. I'm willing to wait up to 2 hours to ride FOP. Our 9 yo niece will be with us and I'm not sure how she will feel about waiting that long at night. We will be watching Rivers of Light before so will we still have time to get to FOP after?

We book our FPs on December 29. If we don't get FPs for FOP then my strategy will be to ride at the end of the night like you did. I'm willing to wait up to 2 hours to ride FOP. Our 9 yo niece will be with us and I'm not sure how she will feel about waiting that long at night. We will be watching Rivers of Light before so will we still have time to get to FOP after?
You can get in line up until park closing, but not after, so it depends on what time RoL is in comparison to park closing. If RoL is over after park closing, or if it's after park closing by the time you walk to FOP entrance, no, you won't.

You can get in line up until park closing, but not after, so it depends on what time RoL is in comparison to park closing. If RoL is over after park closing, or if it's after park closing by the time you walk to FOP entrance, no, you won't.
Rivers of Light is at 7:15 pm and the park closes at 8 pm. Is that enough time? I'm not sure how long ROL is.

We rode three times on FoP yesterday with FP. From scan in for FP to walking off ride was 26 minutes total or less. They seemed to have a theater dedicated to FP. First FP was 1:10pm, then 2:55, then 4:30.

We rode three times on FoP yesterday with FP. From scan in for FP to walking off ride was 26 minutes total or less. They seemed to have a theater dedicated to FP. First FP was 1:10pm, then 2:55, then 4:30.
Geez how did you manage that? How big was your party?

Party of 4. We pre-booked at 60+3 days. Then we rode it with that FP. I was standing in the shop after the ride (it was our last pre booked FP of the day so we were eligible for a fourth). I was showing DH the app and how we probably couldn’t even get Navi as a 4th. And then with a few refreshes, it popped up! It was for an hour later! So we rode again at 255. We tapped in for that FP, and I searched for our 5th FP while walking through the FP que. and it popped up again after a few refreshes. It was crazy. Never saw it again the rest of the day but we were thrilled with what we got!

Last edited:
You can't really count the time you wait after you merge with stand by riders, as "your wait with FP"

Actually, I can and do. My "wait time with FP" is how long I wait to ride with a FP. Seems simple enough. I time from when I have to stop walking as I enter the queue until I'm actually in/on the ride. That's my wait time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter