3 Teens in Tokyo! A PTR

The US is not increasing the travel alerts for Americans to Asia but I would say that there should always be some caution... Perhaps North Korea is simply sabre rattling again or perhaps not. However, Japan is surely as much a target as South Korea if there should be any North Korean action as North Korea has always considered Japan an enemy as well.

However, there is much uncertainty and we all should look forward to our trips in a few weeks time... My guess is, this will all sort itself out.

Yes that's what I am thinking.

I had someone seriously try and talk me into canceling my trip today - basically told me I was being irresponsible taking my family into such a dangerous situation. :(

Yes that's what I am thinking.

I had someone seriously try and talk me into canceling my trip today - basically told me I was being irresponsible taking my family into such a dangerous situation. :(

Nah... I'm heading there on the 12th... Not really worried.

Well, we live here and the Navy hasn't given us any special instructions. You will be fine. We actually arrive on Monday.

Just wanted to add my tuppence halfpenny that I wouldn't let it stress you out too much. The Aus travel advisory errs on the side of caution and working at UQ, we are circulated with new alerts as there are always so many academics and students travelling overseas. So far Japan is fine. We had lots of well meaning friends query our trip to Greece a few years back when they were rioting (and a bomb had gone off only a few days prior) but we avoided the protest area and in the tourist zone saw or heard nothing and felt very safe-in fact its a city I can't wait to return to. I know the situation with Korea is a lot different but try not to let well meaning concerns sway you too much-or none of us would ever travel anywhere. I am a bit of a fatalist-if anything is meant to happen then I believe it will regardless of precautions.

Good luck to your DD in her exams. I can't believe she has work in the hols-thankfully my DD in grade 12 didn't and yes, she really needed the breaks for a proper rest...or they get so burnt out they don't do well anyway. Hopefully she can chill out a bit on the holiday...and hopefully every-one is lurgi free by departure. Have a wonderful time. I hope you all really enjoy it-I can't wait to go back, especially, to Disneysea one day and we now eat Japanese food at least once a fortnight (bought DD a cookbook) as it really grew on us.

If I don't get back here before you leave, Bon Voyage! Have a great trip Battymum. Not long to go now.

So much to do, so little time....

I have been running down food in our house, so dinner tonight was a little creative....

decided I may as well clean the fridge out while I was cooking, so dinner ended up a little burnt. :(

Well.....I hope dinner got eaten in any case.

Breathe, relax. Enjoy the rush!

Happy Holidays, Battymum.

Packing cubes are awesome is all I have to say!!!

managed to fit everything in one large suitcase and one medium! I still have two rolling duffles for carryon that have barely anything in them!

Have done online checkin, but when I went to print the boarding passes there is a problem with my printer!
Problem is, said printer resides in DD's bedroom, she is asleep and it's not worth my life going in there now!

Ok - we are here , has been a hectic couple of days, will do detailed report when I get home !

Glad to hear from you Battymum - hope you're all having a ball!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

PS....Newcastle are beating Penrith 8-0 at the moment (I hope that you don't care about the score!!) ;)

Thanks Wendy for thinking of us!

Got home this morning, pretty much no sleep on flight, so it's 4:30pm and I am hanging on until after dinner before hitting my own bed!!

We had an awesome time, everything went to plan, I will be putting up a trip report over the next few days, ok maybe weeks, I have loads of photos to go through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter