• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

$224 Deluxe Room HRH????

SnowWitch

DIS Veteran
Is this a good rate? It's the Fan Club rate but are people getting better rates. The dates are May 27-30. Thanks!!!

Another question. We have only stayed club level in a regular room. The deluxe does have a living room, right?

Do you mean a living room separate from the bedroom (like a suite)? We had a deluxe poolview room at HRH and it was just a regular room (I believe same as a club level room).

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

SnowWitch,

$224 is a good rate for a deluxe at HRH. Right now I have a deluxe at PBH for $209 with the FL Resident discount. I believe that GA residents also qualify for the same discount but don't hold me to that. FL resident rates are only out through 2/11 but when they do release them for May you should be able to get a better discount. I would book the deluxe room at the FAN rate of $224 and when the FLO discounts for May come out you can change your rate if they are better. The deluxe rooms at HRH are much bigger than club level and standard rooms. They are around 500 sq ft while regular rooms are about 375 sq ft. The deluxe rooms do have a nice sitting area with a pullout couch and whatnot but it is not seperate from the room. You can see a 360 degree view of a deluxe room on the Universal Orlando website.

I don't think the rate is that good! I have a deluxe room reserved at HRH for Aug. with an E rate for $169/night. The Fan Club rate for the same time frame was $209/night!...so I chose the E rate! By the way, The deluxe room does not have a living room, but it does have a sitting area. They are slightly larger than a standard Garden & pool view room!

I may be wrong, but don't know if you'll get a better rate considering that is the Memorial Day weekend. I think the Deluxe room is worth $224.

KarenT

I got the same $224 Fanclub rate for a deluxe room during our stay May 13-16. I'm still trying to decide if I want to pay the extra for the deluxe vs. $179 for a garden view room. We stayed in the deluxe last year because there were five of us but this year it's just 4 of us.

We've stayed at the HRH 3 times now and love it. The standard rooms are indeed smaller but great room none the less.

Thanks! We decided to keep the deluxe for the last 2 nights, a garden view was only going to save me $30 so I'm sticking with the extra space. Ya know I didn't even realize it was Memorial Day weekend.

We stayed in a deluxe at HRH last Oct with a rate of $160 a night (Ent rate). Its just one room, larger than a regular room though. And has 2 queens and a pull out sofa (which was actually pretty comfortable).

SnowWitch & mattman2k

I noticed on the "date and rate for 2004" thread that a deluxe room is only $191.20 with AAA. That rate was for May also. If you are an AAA member then you should be able to save a few $.

Thanks RyGuy! Will definitely be calling tomorrow to check out the AAA rate. Never even thought about it and have had AAA for the last 15 years, About time I got some use out if outside my wife getting the occasional "open the car so I can take the keys out of the ignition" service!

I have a deluxe room reserved for 5/31-6/4 for $227/nt, annual passholder rate...it would have been $202/nt, but we have 3 adults and there is $25 charge for the extra adult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter