2025 Moonlight magic

They actually are two different UYs and Membership numbers. So I’m probably out of luck?
I'm not an expert but when I registered earlier in the year it just asked for my membership number but I only have one use year.

Anyone else that has more than one membership # able to chime in?

Our trip dates happen to align! However, I am hoping to modify resorts at the 7-month mark. Would modifying resorts affect registration if I happen to get it?

Should be no problem. I was booked for the Epcot one in March this year. And I had a waitlist for BWV come through maybe a week after I registered for the event. My confirmation number did not change and I had no issues with getting in for the evening!

They actually are two different UYs and Membership numbers. So I’m probably out of luck?

You actually should be ok to register. I have 2 use years (December -mix of direct and resale, February - all resale). For the March Epcot one this year, I was booked on the Feb resale only UY. I was able to book. I originally put in my direct member # and got an error so I went back and used my Feb member number and was able to book. Now, I guess they could change that, but my advice is to book with the UY that the reservation is under even if it is the resale only one. I believe the numbers are linked in the system and it does know you are the same person (I mean we use the same login and password for both accounts). The best bet is if you get the email the day before to register as it means DVC thinks you are eligible - I got one for the March date.

I'm happy that I got to experience EPCOT during MM earlier this year, and this is an excellent point. If riding Remy is on your list, it is a long distance from anything else; similar with Frozen, but it isn't quite as far away. World Showcase is shutdown and roped off between Norway & France, and I think that the only portion of World Showcase that is open is the rides (Remy, Frozen, 3 Caballeros -- I think).
Since you can enter prior to the start of MM, you could experience some world showcase, but then they do rope off the area and you have to take the long way around from Frozen to Remy.

I will actually be able to attend in October and again in February. My plans have never aligned for MM.

I am AP, but in October I am with someone that has a day ticket. Do they need to have a park ticket that was used that day for the actual MM date to enter?

Thank you.

Kids under 3 don’t need to be on the room reservation or accounted for when we register for MM, right?
Kids under 3 have to be with a confirmed member, but do not count as one of your limited number of tickets.

With a normal MM reservation you get member + up to 4 guests (you can have more guests with a larger room reservations).

Therefore a normal MM reservation you could have member + up to 4 guests + kid <3 years old.

I will actually be able to attend in October and again in February. My plans have never aligned for MM.

I am AP, but in October I am with someone that has a day ticket. Do they need to have a park ticket that was used that day for the actual MM date to enter?

Thank you.
Park tickets are not required if you enter at the designated early entry time for the event which is typically 2 hours prior to regular park closing.

Park tickets are not required if you enter at the designated early entry time for the event which is typically 2 hours prior to regular park closing.
Oh, thank you so much!

Do you know what time I can get in the que before the actual registration time?
I looked online but cannot find where it states this information.

Thank you again for your help.

Oh, thank you so much!

Do you know what time I can get in the que before the actual registration time?
I looked online but cannot find where it states this information.

Thank you again for your help.
You can get into the "waiting room" as soon as the link becomes available. When the registration actually starts, you would automatically be transferred into the queue.

Kids under 3 have to be with a confirmed member, but do not count as one of your limited number of tickets.

With a normal MM reservation you get member + up to 4 guests (you can have more guests with a larger room reservations).

Therefore a normal MM reservation you could have member + up to 4 guests + kid <3 years old.
Thank you! I’ll have two under 3 next summer 😬 staying in a poly studio (for now… TBD move at 7 month…)

Is that still the case with a studio that only sleeps 4 like OKW?

I understood that it would be the greater of the two (total of five or # of reserved guests), but the, "Know Before You Register" section (below) is not clear when "OR" occurs.

Party Size Limits
A Member can register themselves and up to 4 additional Guests per Membership (for a total of 5)—or up to the number of Guests on their Resort reservation. Children younger than 3 years of age do not need to be registered for this event.

Am I correct that you can only get tickets for those people staying on your dvc reservation? My niece & her partner are stay at the hotel part of Wilderness Lodge & I'm staying at SSR w/my husband & brother-in-law, so I can only request 3 tickets?

Am I correct that you can only get tickets for those people staying on your dvc reservation? My niece & her partner are stay at the hotel part of Wilderness Lodge & I'm staying at SSR w/my husband & brother-in-law, so I can only request 3 tickets?

Moonlight Magic Returns in 2025! - Know Before You Register
Party Size Limits
A Member can register themselves and up to 4 additional Guests per Membership (for a total of 5)
—or up to the number of Guests on their Resort reservation. Children younger than 3 years of age do not need to be registered for this event.

edit: In the past have booked a studio with only two guest in the room but register 5 for MM.
extra tickets do not go unused. If we are able to acquire tickets, we invite friends or family members to join us.
We always have someone decide at the last minute to join us on our trips.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
I understood that it would be the greater of the two (total of five or # of reserved guests), but the, "Know Before You Register" section (below) is not clear when "OR" occurs.

Party Size Limits
A Member can register themselves and up to 4 additional Guests per Membership (for a total of 5)—or up to the number of Guests on their Resort reservation. Children younger than 3 years of age do not need to be registered for this event.
I agree that is confusing

Is it saying that you can book 5 no matter how many are on your reservation, or more than 5 if your room has more than 5 people?
Apparently yes you can book 5 at a minimum and more if you have a larger accommodation and have people registered in that room.

Thanks @cellomom for your info.

edit: In the past I have booked a studio with only two guest in the room but register 5 for MM.

Seems you can have up to 5 total, see below. To enter MM, only the DVC owners name is checked, not the names of the additional guests.

edit: In the past I have booked a studio with only two guest in the room but register 5 for MM.

Hope this helps

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest