2024 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Information and Planning Thread

So excited! The booth usually used for India is there! Now hopefully they have the mango lassi cause I will go every day if it is there.

But let's get menus!

So much for using Communicore Hall for special events. Would have expected them to announce something by now
I’m so bummed. I too have given up hope, and I held on for a long 4 years things might return… My favorite Festival memories are the special events and drink seminars (food seminars were only ok). Party for the Senses was unmatched, best event hands down! Had an amazing tasting meal at Spice Road Table (not even possible after the bankruptcy I know), Bacardi gave a great seminar- just so many unique events.

I’ll still go and enjoy the food booths but this is such a shadow of what it could be :(

I’m so bummed. I too have given up hope, and I held on for a long 4 years things might return… My favorite Festival memories are the special events and drink seminars (food seminars were only ok). Party for the Senses was unmatched, best event hands down! Had an amazing tasting meal at Spice Road Table (not even possible after the bankruptcy I know), Bacardi gave a great seminar- just so many unique events.

I’ll still go and enjoy the food booths but this is such a shadow of what it could be :(
I agree. Past highlights were What’s Cooking With … with Robert Irvine, the Tequila Lunch in Mexico, and the Mediterranean Lunch at Spice Road Table. I never did Party Of The Senses.

I agree. Past highlights were What’s Cooking With … with Robert Irvine, the Tequila Lunch in Mexico, and the Mediterranean Lunch at Spice Road Table. I never did Party Of The Senses.
The Robert Irvine lunch was one of our favorite events we've been too, he was great! We also loved the Tequila lunch, did that one pretty much every Food and Wine!

I don't understand why they won't bring any of these back, I can't imagine they weren't profitable, they were always booked solid. It really seems like F&W is still operating under the "taste of" moniker from the pandemic while all the other festivals are basically back to what they were in the before days. Makes no sense to me!

I don't understand why they won't bring any of these back, I can't imagine they weren't profitable, they were always booked solid. It really seems like F&W is still operating under the "taste of" moniker from the pandemic while all the other festivals are basically back to what they were in the before days. Makes no sense to me!
I don't get it either. Definitely seems like a no-brainer to me. La Cava still does the tequila tasting so I have some hope they could bring the lunch back. Such a shame. This was my absolute favorite festival and time of year. So much so that I bought DVC largely to ensure 10 days every October. Now it's my least favorite. :sad1:

If I recall, in 2018 and 2019, Disney had already began scaling the seminars back. Disney probably determined that the seminars weren’t profitable as most guests would use their seminar budget on increased booth and/or souvenir purchases. So Disney could improve profit by canceling the seminars with the costs associated to them, while their festival revenues didn’t drop much.

If I recall, in 2018 and 2019, Disney had already began scaling the seminars back. Disney probably determined that the seminars weren’t profitable as most guests would use their seminar budget on increased booth and/or souvenir purchases. So Disney could improve profit by canceling the seminars with the costs associated to them, while their festival revenues didn’t drop much.
Yes, they had been moving to utilizing more Disney chefs for the demos and I think they were offered Thursday through Sunday instead of every day. Disneyland still has some celeb chef demos during their festival, but I suppose there are more celebrity chefs in the LA area. For the beverage seminars, it's my understanding that the vendor actually paid Disney to appear and supplied the alcohol so that was almost pure profit for Disney. I'd also guess that the various special meals were profitable, particularly when the restaurant wouldn't otherwise be operating at that time, but who knows. I had heard a rumor a while back that they laid off the team that used to plan the festival events and not sure they reinstated those positions. I suppose all the drinking teams are making up the $ but seems odd to potentially leave more on the table but Disney hasn't been making a lot of sense lately. I am very curious to see what, if anything, they have going on in Communicore Hall for the festival. I'm fearful it will "just" be merch.

The Robert Irvine lunch was one of our favorite events we've been too, he was great! We also loved the Tequila lunch, did that one pretty much every Food and Wine!

Yes, they had been moving to utilizing more Disney chefs for the demos and I think they were offered Thursday through Sunday instead of every day. Disneyland still has some celeb chef demos during their festival, but I suppose there are more celebrity chefs in the LA area. For the beverage seminars, it's my understanding that the vendor actually paid Disney to appear and supplied the alcohol so that was almost pure profit for Disney. I'd also guess that the various special meals were profitable, particularly when the restaurant wouldn't otherwise be operating at that time, but who knows. I had heard a rumor a while back that they laid off the team that used to plan the festival events and not sure they reinstated those positions. I suppose all the drinking teams are making up the $ but seems odd to potentially leave more on the table but Disney hasn't been making a lot of sense lately. I am very curious to see what, if anything, they have going on in Communicore Hall for the festival. I'm fearful it will "just" be merch.
It's the end of an era! Going to Epcot Food & Wine was my temporary escape from work and other stressors in life. I had always planned to spend at least 10 days at the festival so I could really enjoy it at my leisure after retirement. And as soon as I retire, the demos, seminars, and special events are cancelled.

My favorites were the beer verses wine paring at Via Napoli, Sweet Sundays (included several glasses of champagne and a breakfast buffet), and Party for the Senses. Also, the numerous culinary demonstrations and beverage seminars that I attended over the years.

I think part of the reason for the demise of the seminars and demonstrations was that Disney started to charge for them. When I first started to attend the festival, there was not a charge to attend. When Disney started to charge for them initially, the fee was small, like $3 to $4 per person. As the years rolled by, that price increased to around $14 to $15 person. I noticed that attendance at the demos and seminars started to decrease, from what were sold out events to maybe half-full.

So now do I cancel my October trip and maybe try for early December? Not sure. Last time I attended was in 2021, during the 50th anniversary. Just checking out the global marketplace kiosks was just not for me.

…So now do I cancel my October trip and maybe try for early December? Not sure. Last time I attended was in 2021, during the 50th anniversary. Just checking out the global marketplace kiosks was just not for me.
Totally personal thought but fwiw… I found the festival marketplaces to be overall kinda lousy quality in the Cheapek/post-Covid years. This last Flower & Garden it felt like the booths were finally back to the quality I expected so I hope F&W follows that. (But watch portions, there was a dish at F&G this year that featured a scallop. Singular. And not a big one and it was like $7 or something)

Maybe book rooms for both to lock in discounts now and see how reviews roll in for F&W and Halloween?

Last edited:
I didn’t see Ireland booth listed. Hopefully, it is back as I really like the Roasted Irish Sausage and the Guinness Baileys Coffee Shake. The Chocolate Pudding Cake is a fan favorite too.
Also noticed Japan was missing from that article.

Hi Guys, we just managed food & wine before thanksgiving in 2022, but didn't get a chance to really take in the booths. This year we are out there in Early September.
Am I right in believing they do a map that shows all the offerings that you can use to mark off & rate the dishes?

Hi Guys, we just managed food & wine before thanksgiving in 2022, but didn't get a chance to really take in the booths. This year we are out there in Early September.
Am I right in believing they do a map that shows all the offerings that you can use to mark off & rate the dishes?
It’s a passport or small booklet that can be picked up at the park entrances (near the park maps), and at the booths. It’ll have one or two booths per page, and contains other festival information such as the stamp page for the Emile’s Fromage Montage Scavenger Hunt game, which upon completing, results in a free specific snack at a specific booth.

For the Remy’s Ratatouille Hide $ Squeak Scavenger Hunt game, a map is available for purchase at one of the big stores at the World Showcase entry plaza. For this one, you’ll have a page of stamps, and must place the stamps on the corresponding map spot when you find Remy with a fruit, vegetable, or spice in either a country or on a booth. When completed, you will trade the completed map for your choice of small prizes (based upon availability) at the same store where the map was purchased from.

Last edited:
It’s a passport or small booklet that can be picked up at the park entrances (near the park maps), and at the booths. It’ll have one or two booths per page, and contains other festival information such as the stamp page for the Emile’s Fromage Montage Scavenger Hunt game, which upon completing, results in a free specific snack at a specific booth.

For the Remy’s Ratatouille Hide $ Squeak Scavenger Hunt game, a map is available for purchase at one of the big stores at the World Showcase entry plaza. For this one, you’ll have a page of stamps, and must place the stamps on the corresponding map spot when you find Remy with a fruit, vegetable, or spice in either a country or on a booth. When completed, you will trade the completed map for your choice of small prizes (based upon availability) at the same store where the map was purchased from.
Thanks, we had an idea but wasn't sure. We are staying at POP due to the skyliner to EPCOT & will be trying as many booths as we can.

Thanks, we had an idea but wasn't sure. We are staying at POP due to the skyliner to EPCOT & will be trying as many booths as we can.
We are doing the same in September! Since this is primarily a Food and Wine trip, PoP just seemed like a better choice compared to our normal resort.

Two new booths announced!

The two new booths for the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival will be Autumn Blaze and Harvest Table! These new booths will “focus on fall food and flavors,” according to Kevin Downing, the Chef de Cuisine for EPCOT Festivals. We spotted mention of them in the seasonal newsletter for Disney Visa cardholders — Disney Insider.
“We are going beyond the usual seasonal ingredients like apples and pumpkins and using other foods that capture the flavors in unique ways, such as a brined pork tenderloin with fennel slaw at Autumn Blaze and a wild game chili at Harvest Table,” Downing said. - from Disney Food Blog

Two new booths announced!

The two new booths for the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival will be Autumn Blaze and Harvest Table! These new booths will “focus on fall food and flavors,” according to Kevin Downing, the Chef de Cuisine for EPCOT Festivals. We spotted mention of them in the seasonal newsletter for Disney Visa cardholders — Disney Insider.
“We are going beyond the usual seasonal ingredients like apples and pumpkins and using other foods that capture the flavors in unique ways, such as a brined pork tenderloin with fennel slaw at Autumn Blaze and a wild game chili at Harvest Table,” Downing said. - from Disney Food Blog
Maybe the release of the marketplace menus is coming very soon?!

So, is the thought that we aren’t going to see Party for the Senses return this year? When was it announced in years past?

I’m so bummed. I too don’t understand why they won’t front this back. I’d pay 2x what I used to pay for it!

So, is the thought that we aren’t going to see Party for the Senses return this year? When was it announced in years past?

I’m so bummed. I too don’t understand why they won’t front this back. I’d pay 2x what I used to pay for it!
It certainly appears that way. We have 45 days until the start of the festival with no announcement on special events

If you go by the last festival prior to COVID-19 (2019), info on the special events was released on 5/11/19 and reservations started on 5/14/19.

EDIT: And that festival started on August 29th.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest