2024 DVC Summer Incentives - AKL, SS, BLT

There also does not appear to be any additional ROFR action on those resorts either, at least not according to what my broker told me (ROFR thread on these boards indicates the same thing)….not definitive by any stretch but if you’ve got a contract in ROFR at any of these resorts you “should” be ok 😁

There also does not appear to be any additional ROFR action on those resorts either, at least not according to what my broker told me (ROFR thread on these boards indicates the same thing)….not definitive by any stretch but if you’ve got a contract in ROFR at any of these resorts you “should” be ok 😁
Yes I think that makes sense. Believe DVD has such a good showing with OKW that they felt confident with higher price points for AKL, SS, BLT. Even with these direct incentives, the resale price is still significantly lower. Don't think there will be the same demand vs OKW.

Yes I think that makes sense. Believe DVD has such a good showing with OKW that they felt confident with higher price points for AKL, SS, BLT. Even with these direct incentives, the resale price is still significantly lower. Don't think there will be the same demand vs OKW.
Yeah unless they go on a ROFR binge and drive up resale prices, I can't see these incentives moving the needle much.

I feel like the crazy high BLT price is a test to see what they can get when the new Poly tower goes on sale.

I think ROFR will start to wake up when they realize it is not affecting direct sales the way that they hoped. I am glad i got through ROFR before this happened since i just got AKL at $90 a point and passed ROFR almost 2 weeks ago. The fact that these are only existing members incentives though is a reason they wont sell as great. That ive read there is no incentive on these resorts for people looking to join. With the okw there were incentives for new members they just were not as enticing.

I think ROFR will start to wake up when they realize it is not affecting direct sales the way that they hoped. I am glad i got through ROFR before this happened since i just got AKL at $90 a point and passed ROFR almost 2 weeks ago. The fact that these are only existing members incentives though is a reason they wont sell as great. That ive read there is no incentive on these resorts for people looking to join. With the okw there were incentives for new members they just were not as enticing.
Congrats on the $90/pt at AKL! What a steal.

Agreed the incentives aren’t great but I would love to know how they decided on 275$ per point at BLT. The only resort that’s more expensive than that is VGC.

This made us feel even better about our recently acquired BLT resale.

Agreed the incentives aren’t great but I would love to know how they decided on 275$ per point at BLT. The only resort that’s more expensive than that is VGC.

I know right! I had the same thought. We own a small 40 point contract at BLT. Resale vs direct for Bay Lake seems out of place.

Yeahhh the sold out price is WAY too high for BLT. For it to even be somewhat reasonable compared to resale, you'd have to drop over 100 dollars per point to get the price in the same universe as resale. I like direct but certain resorts they essentially make it so there's really not an option besides buying resale.

Yeahhh the sold out price is WAY too high for BLT. For it to even be somewhat reasonable compared to resale, you'd have to drop over 100 dollars per point to get the price in the same universe as resale. I like direct but certain resorts they essentially make it so there's really not an option besides buying resale.
It is a bummer they have it so high. If it was anywhere even close to RIV, we'd probably be buying more BLT direct instead of our RIV contract. I'm a big BLT fan.

I'll be shocked if they sell many contracts at that price, but perhaps they don't actually have a ton of inventory to sell, so it doesn't matter. I know they had a BLT "sale" ~six months ago and it was also with terrible incentives.

I believe BCV is also $275 direct (it was when I inquired last winter)—maybe they’re just going alphabetically. 😋

It is a bummer they have it so high. If it was anywhere even close to RIV, we'd probably be buying more BLT direct instead of our RIV contract. I'm a big BLT fan.

I'll be shocked if they sell many contracts at that price, but perhaps they don't actually have a ton of inventory to sell, so it doesn't matter. I know they had a BLT "sale" ~six months ago and it was also with terrible incentives.
Same.

I would love to complement my BLT/BCV points with some reasonably priced direct points in the far off future, but I am not that interested in adding another resort, or paying twice the cost of resale on “sale”. So….I think I choose to be happy with my resale points alone! lol.

I have always wondered why they made the per point cost of BLT and BCV so high direct. Is it the points chart combined with location? I feel like Grand Floridian should be higher if it is the flagship resort.

Last edited:
I would love to complement my BLT/BCV points with some reasonably priced direct points in the far off future, but I am not that interested in adding another resort, or paying twice the cost of resale on”sale”. So….I think I choose to be happy with my resale points alone! lol.

I have always wondered why they made the per point cost of BLT and BCV so high direct. Is it the points chart combined with location? I feel like Grand Floridian should be higher if it is the flagship resort.
I think demand and location do play a bit of a role (CCV being less than BCV is crazy, hence location and demand). VGF was $250/pt before it went back on sale a few years ago (not sure what BLT or BCV were in 2021/2022 though, I’m sure someone here knows). It’s not currently on the point add-on tool, but I assume it will be come back at $310/pt, or at least higher than $275, once they have some points to sell again.

I think demand and location do play a bit of a role (CCV being less than BCV is crazy, hence location and demand). VGF was $250/pt before it went back on sale a few years ago (not sure what BLT or BCV were in 2021/2022 though, I’m sure someone here knows). It’s not currently on the point add-on tool, but I assume it will be come back at $310/pt, or at least higher than $275, once they have some points to sell again.
For direct pricing the top 5 highest are

$310 VGC (2060)
$275 BLT (2060)
$275 Beach Club (2042)
$250 Copper Creek (2068)
$240 Boardwalk (2042)

Interesting.

Last edited:
CCV expires in 2068 😊
Thanks! Corrected in thread above.

What's interesting is that DVD places a lot of value on Beach Club. Second highest direct price but overall highest price for deeds expiring in 2042. Valued even more than Board Walk, which I find surprising. Always hearing folks wanting Board Walk.

But it's all direct pricing. Resale is the way to go on all these resorts, or if wanting direct buy from one the more recent lower priced and better incentive properties.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest