2018 Princess Half Marathon

I love how they have race etiquette in two places in the event guide that nobody will pay attention to or follow. Do they email out this guide? For some reason I never get any RD emails even though I repeatedly sign up for them.

Just like the Marathon Weekend 5K, the Princess 5K was pushed up to a 5:30 start time. I just checked my info from last year's 5K and I started my Garmin at 6:06am.

Does anyone know where the race bus pick up location is at Beach Club?

Ran 5 miles this morning and it was rough for the last two miles. I overslept so I didn’t leave until 10am. I was running into a head wind the entire time and thought I was going to get blown over when running along a lake. It was also hotter than I anticipated and I forgot my water. I think I found the only hill in my town too. It reminded me of the on ramp hill at the end of the half marathon course. Good news is that I was able to maintain my pace for each mile. I have 8 miles scheduled for tomorrow. Definitely making sure I don’t oversleep or forget my water again!!!!

Out the front door and down to the left

So over by where the park buses pick up then. That's what I thought, but wanted to double check. I'm sure there will be plenty of signs, but when it's 4 in the morning lots can happen LOL! Thanks!

It usually is, and there are usually mistakes or things missing.

Oh, definitely a few typos in there.

"DISNEY SPRINGS

Bus Transportation

Buses will run from the Expo to Disney Springs, departing every 30 minutes, as follows:

• Thursday: 1:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m."
Someone needs to show this to the bus staff early Thursday morning and record their reaction.:rotfl2:

Someone needs to show this to the bus staff early Thursday morning and record their reaction.:rotfl2:

Sadly it'll probably be fixed by then. Was it last year that they had whole swaths of info just copied and pasted from the January event guide?

Got brave today and ran outside. OK first I did my ballet class, then I did 1.25 miles around the Y's indoor track, then I went the 2.90 miles home. Outside, scary! :) In the wind (no matter which way I was going the wind was right in my face) and the nasty awful rain. Figured it was good practice, just in case!

I'm still a couple long runs behind, so instead of 12.5 tomorrow for FairyTale Challenge I've "only" got 9.5 on tap. Not sure how or where I'm going to do that, but I'm determined to somehow get it done.

I'm still a couple long runs behind, so instead of 12.5 tomorrow for FairyTale Challenge I've "only" got 9.5 on tap. Not sure how or where I'm going to do that, but I'm determined to somehow get it done.

Yep. All my built in sick and bad weather time has been used up. No choice now but the treadmill. So today it will be 9 miles and I'll have to watch a movie. Sure hope the weather is better in the week or so, so that the 10 miler can be outside.
Good luck to you and all other on these final long runs!

We got a nice break in weather today for our 10-mile run; 38 degrees and partly cloudy with a light breeze. Finished it with positive splits... DH has not been consistent in training and it’s starting to show in our long runs. I’m proud of him for finishing his longest run ever though! We have 2 more long runs before we taper, so I hope we can dial in a good pace for a stronger finish next week to boost his confidence.

Well today I ran on the treadmill 9.5 miles. My endurance would have let me run longer but my knees said stop. So bummed because I wanted to get 10.5 miles in. I have run 9.5 miles outside a couple weeks ago and it was eaiser and my time was better. It seems like it takes me longer on the treadmill.

I did 3.1 miles yesterday and 10 miles today. I'm feeling pretty good about it. Five of my miles came in under 14mm and the rest were under 15mm. My plan is to do 6.2 and 13.1 in two weeks and 4 miles on the other two weekends prior to the event! I'm doing the Challenge.

I went to a different place to train today because I have been going to a park with a flat loop that is approximately 1/3 of a mile. A large part of the path goes along wooden privacy fences along backyards and another part goes along an apartment complex that all looks the same. I did 8 miles there 2 weeks ago and couldn't take the boredom of 30+ loops today. :crazy2:

Once a lady asked me if I was just going in circles. Um, yes actually. The path is in a loop. :confused3

I did 8 miles there 2 weeks ago and couldn't take the boredom of 30+ loops today. :crazy2:

I hear ya!

Once a lady asked me if I was just going in circles. Um, yes actually. The path is in a loop. :confused3

Editing to add what I thought I’d done already...yikes, she had a lack of understanding of what a loop is! :)

(But then I’ve gotten comments at the indoor track about how much time I’m there. Yep. Training. Outta my way please. :)

Lady with the stroller today who kept stopping was fun. Especially when I noticed her child had dropped food on the track.)

I did 3 miles from home to the ymca, 4 miles around and around on the indoor track (12 laps for a mile) for 4 miles, then back home to get my 9.5.

Seriously regretting not taping my ankle.

Seriously looking forward to Cheesecake Factory in about an hour...

Last edited:
Yep. All my built in sick and bad weather time has been used up. No choice now but the treadmill. So today it will be 9 miles and I'll have to watch a movie. Sure hope the weather is better in the week or so, so that the 10 miler can be outside.
Good luck to you and all other on these final long runs!

Same here. I started this plan WAAAAAAAYYYY early, and now it doesn't matter. Then I got myself back on track (on vacation, during Christmas, no less) and got sick immediately when I got home.

After being stuck on the treadmill for the past month due to Michigan weather, I was able to get outside and run 4 miles Saturday and 12.2 yesterday. Definitely feeling the impact on my body from running on pavement versus the treadmill this morning, but feeling confident that I'll be able to complete the Challenge in a few weeks! The Jeff Galloway training plan has a 14 miler before a short taper, but I'm just planning on doing 12 again because I want my first half marathon distance to be during the actual Princess Half.

Same here. I started this plan WAAAAAAAYYYY early, and now it doesn't matter. Then I got myself back on track (on vacation, during Christmas, no less) and got sick immediately when I got home.

Ugggghh, this is so me, too! I started training November 28th, but with Christmas followed by two major storm systems, and then I pulled my back last week, I am seriously slacking. My longest run thus far has been 7 miles. While I'm confident in being able to do the 5K/10K/Half, I don't want to be this undertrained going in to race day. Here's hoping that I'm able to get back on track by this coming weekend, otherwise I'm going to really start feeling behind.

Decided not to do a long run this weekend as we had a lot of other things going on and it rained on Sunday. I'm getting slower and slower on my weekday runs even though it's taking more effort. I can't tell if I'm just tired from all the training or if I'm coming down with something. So frustrating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter